: Maybe I found my transmission problem...

tedasaurus
08-04-06, 11:40 PM
The dealer could not even do a thing after many complaints. There is a TSB (10016708) I found that corrects a high speed slip or other anomaly in the 5L50E trans. Hopefully it will correct my cars inability to downshift unless floored and stop the rpm surging/bucking before the very, very, belated downshift (makes going up a hill interesting!) This is the worst shifting transmission I have ever had out of 32 new cars.

robhersch
08-06-06, 02:31 PM
The dealer could not even do a thing after many complaints. There is a TSB (10016708) I found that corrects a high speed slip or other anomaly in the 5L50E trans. Hopefully it will correct my cars inability to downshift unless floored and stop the rpm surging/bucking before the very, very, belated downshift (makes going up a hill interesting!) This is the worst shifting transmission I have ever had out of 32 new cars.

Suggest that - before you let anyone reflash - check the "Shifty Transmission" thread on the 5L50-E discussion on the Cad SRX owners forum and also to collect more data since the original ROM codes seem to be non-recoverable.
My 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD - at this time, after 12k mi over ~ 18 mo - 5L50-E seems to me as good as any that I've ever driven. Good Luck !!