: leather cleaning

onecad
02-10-04, 01:22 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows of a fantastic leather cleaner, or if there are any quality leather dyes on the market.

The interior of my car is in great shape except that 5the leather could use a good cleaning. Some dirt in the creases and what not that seem to be hard to get out.

thanks

ChiMick
02-10-04, 02:02 PM
I have used LEXOL leather cleaner and conditioner and been very pleased. Have a look at http://www.lexol.com

BE Sure to follow the instructions...

El Dobro
02-10-04, 02:58 PM
I've been using soap and water to clean the leather. When it's dry, I use a leather conditioner.

hcvone
02-10-04, 04:46 PM
Lexol and Zaino have some good leather care products.

pzito
02-13-04, 12:08 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows of a fantastic leather cleaner, or if there are any quality leather dyes on the market.

The interior of my car is in great shape except that 5the leather could use a good cleaning. Some dirt in the creases and what not that seem to be hard to get out.

thanks
i use this stuff but i forgot the name i get it at a detail shop.. if you are instrested i can sell you a can and mail it out to you... thanks

Stealth
02-14-04, 02:55 PM
Lexol and Zaino have some good leather care products.

in case some don't know, products with Silicone or petroleum WILL SEAL the pores in the leather and lead to cracking and rot of the leather ... dont know about Zaino. but LEXOL is one such product...

rapid rabbit
02-14-04, 03:16 PM
The General recommends Saddle Soap.

airbalancer
02-14-04, 03:53 PM
1 part woolite or Zero and 5 parts water in a spray bottle.
This makes a good and cheap cleaner
Spray on ,wipe off. Also use for cleaner in the house

cadillac6
02-15-04, 08:38 PM
i use meguiars. Seems to work pretty good for me. Doesnt leave a greasy feel and makes your car smell clean and new.

Stealth
02-16-04, 03:19 PM
The General recommends Saddle Soap.

saddle soap is good for a really dirty leather ...
soapy water and a cotton towel works very well for most ...

the best, very best?
the leather conditioner itself .. apply and rub around and removes dirt ... condition and clean the leather witht he same conditioner ...

McGuires, Eagle ONE, BICK4, lanolin .. are all good ...

these are some NON-silicone, NON-petroleum

your leather got siliconed? OUCH!!!!
but not deadly, if not too late ... 3M makes a silicone remover ... USE IT .. then do the good stuff ...

if LOOKS are the #1 criteria for you, lexol & armorall will make the leather look outstanding, right up to the point the leather rots and desintegrates ... i used my excees cans to kill the weeds .. i find those at swap meets by the gallon now, and really kills weeds ...

lol

inmycadillac
02-21-04, 12:34 AM
First wash leather with soap and warm water sponge. Wash a seat at a time and dry it immediately after washing. Allow air dry as well. Then use Meguiars leather cleaner. I've been doing this about six times a year for five years and the WHITE leather in my 91 Deville is mint.:yup:

pzito
03-03-04, 01:01 AM
CAS products it is called V.F.C IT IS A VINYL AND LEATHER AND PLASTIC. WOW THATS ALL I GOT TO SAY. I USED IT ON 03 ESCADALE AND IT GOT DIRT OUT OF THE SEAT THAT I DIDNT EVEN KNOW ABOUT..

CadCrazy
03-20-04, 08:08 AM
CAS products it is called V.F.C IT IS A VINYL AND LEATHER AND PLASTIC. WOW THATS ALL I GOT TO SAY. I USED IT ON 03 ESCADALE AND IT GOT DIRT OUT OF THE SEAT THAT I DIDNT EVEN KNOW ABOUT..

Where can I find this V F C stuff?
Thanks
Rick

Rob McGraw
03-20-04, 11:40 PM
Kiwi sells a leather moisturising cream in little jars that keeps the leater soft and oiled well. It soaks in like hand lotion and isn't greasy if you let is sit and rub it in. To clean the leater without removing the oil I recommend saddle soap. You can wet the rage before you apply it to get it working.

rfraser30
03-24-04, 04:28 PM
A friend recommended leather shoe polish. I tried it on my 97 Seville's light tan (similar color shoe polish) leather interior and it worked great!!! It filled in most of the discoloration in the cracks and is cleaner and shinier than it has ever been

qmcadyman90
04-01-04, 04:05 PM
I have a 90 sadan devill .and ive found the mothers mackes a real good lether cleaner .It brought my gray lether back up to shape in no time now it looks almost as good as it did the day it roled of the line

Robert Brandtjen
04-06-04, 01:57 PM
Most furniture stores that sell fine leather furniture also sell leather cleaning kits for that furniture.

My kit is made by Guardian and comes with cleaner and conditioner. It also comes with a $15,000.00 warrenty. It does a superior job, no silicones.

Msilva954
04-06-04, 05:17 PM
Yea, I clean mine with a cleaner from (El Dorado Furniture) here in south florida, it is made for really high end italian leathers. For being a customer we also get the cleaner and conditioner for free, just bring in the empty bottle and they give you more.

gnasty
06-04-04, 11:14 PM
reading the tiny leather 'sample skin' that came with my 2004 CTS (all late model cadillacs get this Eagle Ottawa Nuance leather tag now) -- it says there is "Built In Protection" consisting of "special finishes" and also suggests "simply to use a soft cloth dampened with lukewarm water and mild soap. Wipe the leather again with a slightly damp cloth to remove soap residue". Also, under the "How to Care for Your Leather". can this be true?? Finally t the bottom of the tag it states "NEVER use oils, varnishes or polishes on your leather". bolded NEVER is theirs, not mine.

I've seen what happens to Nuance leather after a couple years of use without much care or attention -- it is not pretty (cracking/shininess). Is it possible that just using soap and water like they advise will keep the leather in good condition over the years?

RBraczyk
06-04-04, 11:26 PM
Meguiars all purpose cleaner and a scouring pad. Works great.

airbalancer
06-05-04, 08:25 AM
I think the best cleaner would be if I could get the wife out there to do the cleaning :coolgleam