: think in of buying a v

unruley247
08-03-06, 11:40 AM
I'm thinking about buying a stsv friend has a ctsv but I would just buy a vette if i wanted that give me some input

Kadonny
08-03-06, 04:47 PM
Input? Thats one hell of a run on sentance.

Seriously, if you want a luxury car with tons of power, get the STS-V. What else can we say?

V-Beach
08-03-06, 06:42 PM
The question is how many doors do you want and/or need. If the answer is 2go with the vette, it's more fun. If the answer is 4 go with the V. I just switched from a CTS-V to a STS-V and I'm having shift withdrawl. I miss my CTS-V.....

unruley247
08-04-06, 02:23 AM
I really want a Z06 but hard to get a hold of but leaning toward stsv. Oh I was being lazy earlier who needs ........s

Rachane
08-04-06, 02:55 AM
If you are thinking of a ZO6, note that Chevrolet is about to come out with a "ZO7" aka "Blue Devil", presumably a blown version of the ZO6 with ca. 600 hp. Among other things, it will probably bring ZO6 prices down a bit.

If you are vacillating between a STS-V and a ZO6, there's something with the best of both, i.e. the XLR-V. Yes, it has a high sticker, but also a fairly high residual on a GMAC lease program, which makes it more obtainable than you might think (or if you bought it outright).

For that matter, if you don't specifically require the V-hp, the regular XLR is a very nice alternative to the regular Vette!

unruley247
08-05-06, 10:20 PM
test drive a xlrv today pretty nice They didn't have any stsv but r getting sum on wed sez the salesthief

TSS
08-06-06, 02:29 PM
Buy a NA STS and invest the remainder of your money on some community college English lessons. Your emails are very hard to read.

UGOTIT
08-06-06, 08:12 PM
Get the STS-V

unruley247
08-06-06, 10:07 PM
Thats funny! I could proably write u under the table or out of the forum budddddeeeee. Anyway found a STS-V and I'm going 2 test drive it Mon afternoon.

UGOTIT
08-07-06, 08:21 AM
Let us know how the test drive goes.

TSS
08-07-06, 10:19 AM
Thats funny! I could proably write u under the table or out of the forum budddddeeeee. Anyway found a STS-V and I'm going 2 test drive it Mon afternoon.

Hey, I meant it all in fun - really. You will like the V.

V-Beach
08-07-06, 01:27 PM
Can you drink him under the table?

BigBucksT
08-11-06, 12:50 AM
This guy needs to learn to spell.

unruley247
08-12-06, 10:28 PM
I test drove the STS-V and was pretty satisfied and only have 1 thing stopping me. My bro. wants me to come drive a 300c st8 at his dealership on wed. I'll have my decision soon. Also for the record I'm sorry if my threads are not PERFECT, but I'm monitoring 6 networks and watching my kids most of the time:thumbsup:

urbanski
08-13-06, 09:03 AM
This guy needs to learn to spell.

and you need to back off

Kadonny
08-16-06, 02:42 PM
and you need to back off

Urby, as much as agree that post was a little strong, is it too much for us guys answering and reading topics to have them make sense and easy to understand? I see your point and all, but if you want real answers on a message board, shouldn't you make your topics somewhat easy to read and answer? Just a thought.

Anyway, the STR8 300C is not in the same class as the STS-V. If you drive both, the STS-V will blow away the SRT8. Hell, it should it costs over 30k more.

Peter Gregg
08-26-06, 02:53 AM
I think the STS-V probably has the more refinement you are looking for, and the reports of ot being so much more solid (less rattles) is very appealing.

Peter

SRT8/BMW
08-26-06, 07:11 AM
Urby, as much as agree that post was a little strong, is it too much for us guys answering and reading topics to have them make sense and easy to understand? I see your point and all, but if you want real answers on a message board, shouldn't you make your topics somewhat easy to read and answer? Just a thought.

Anyway, the STR8 300C is not in the same class as the STS-V. If you drive both, the STS-V will blow away the SRT8. Hell, it should it costs over 30k more.

well....just a second. I own both an sts-v and an srt8. They are similar in many ways, but also different. It depends what your looking for.

as far as amenities, they are similar..both have heated seats, nav system, bluetooth handsfree phone, rear back up assist,excellent stereo with 6 disc cd in dash and satelite radio, on board computer systems. etc... The caddy has a couple of luxury features the srt8 does not: heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, on star.

They are both incredibly fast..the srt8 FEELS faster, pulls harder and has a louder more muscle like exhaust, but the sts-v is actually just as fast, but has more of a european sound/feel- -the speedo is moving just as fast, you just don't feel it as much.

The caddy is quieter in the cabin and smoother over bumpy surfaces, but the srt8 handles better, especially hard corners and curves. The margin is fairly wide on the handling. Also, the srt8 brakes are world class- -the Vs are just "good." Seat comfort is hands down in favor of the srt8.

Looks are totally subjective--everyone has their opinion. Interior luxury - -the nod goes to the caddy.

All in, they are both excellent cars- -I LOVE them both. The srt8 seems to be challenged more when I am out...the sts-v seems more stealthy...less people recognize what it is (I love the sleeper aspect.

BUT..if you want my honest opinion which one to buy..first I'd say drive them andsee for yourself. The V is more of a luxury car with a rocket engine, the srt8 is a luxurious family sedan/muscle car. If money is not the object..just pick the one you like. But for value...sorry boys...hands down it is the srt8. You get just about everything, for $30K less! My opinion...

ssstealth
08-28-06, 08:20 AM
I also have both... sort of. I have the STS-V and a 2005 Chrysler 300. I also have a friend with the Charger SRT-8 and have driven that as well.

As stated above, the SRT-8 feels and sounds more like a classic 60's muscle car while the STS-V hits the same speeds but you just don't hear or feel it in the same way.

I beleive the true differences won't be noticed for years. I have 72,000 miles on my 300 and the reason for the price difference is starting to become evident. Because of the base/options nature of the car, there are dozens of extra electrical connectors in the system that can cause potential problems. A few that I have noticed so far include gremlins in the delay wipers, cruise control, and starting... all which of course can't be duplicated by Chrysler service.

Because the STS-V only comes one way, the electrical system is more static. I bought the V because of my good history with Cadillacs. My 1994 Fleetwood Touring Sedan (http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=155589&ck=) has well over 300,000 miles and has never had any of the issues that the "new" Chrysler has.

unruley247
09-03-06, 10:15 AM
I test drove the srt8 and the v series. I love the way the srt8 feel and drives almost like you are one with the car. STS-v is a sleeper car hands down, if you don't notice the badging ITS over for you. I'm waiting for the BMW dealer to call me when the M6 comes in before I make my decision. I'm leaning toward the 300C SRT8.

Kadonny
09-05-06, 02:13 PM
I test drove the srt8 and the v series. I love the way the srt8 feel and drives almost like you are one with the car. STS-v is a sleeper car hands down, if you don't notice the badging ITS over for you. I'm waiting for the BMW dealer to call me when the M6 comes in before I make my decision. I'm leaning toward the 300C SRT8.

M6? Why no love for the M5 if you are comparing sedans?

The M5 calls my name. To me, it is the ultimate sports sedan, no questions asked if you have the cash for it. With the price lowering of the STS-V, no doubt it makes it more attractive.

unruley247
09-05-06, 11:39 PM
M5 is hot. The 645 that was on display just caught my att. When the saleman told me about the M6 I had to check into it. The M6 is on back order so I'm just waiting rite now