: How do I access the phone keys on NAV system?

levmic
08-03-06, 08:21 AM
Does anyone know how to access the telephone key pad on the Navigation screen? I have connected my Onstar phone to my Verizon account. I also have a blue tooth phone (Treo 650) connected to the car.

jgrade
08-03-06, 10:25 AM
Press the Aux button. However, it will only let you dial if you are traveling under 5mph!:bigroll:

giannatj
08-03-06, 03:50 PM
Learn how to use the voice recognition because it's the only way to call when the car is moving. The key pad isn't there over 5mph.

levmic
08-08-06, 07:45 PM
so there is no way to access voicemail while moving?

jgrade
08-09-06, 09:26 AM
Sure. Program your voicemail number into the Nav phonebook (10 entries max) and add a voice tag.

AllWheelEric
08-09-06, 01:03 PM
But how do you press buttons to enter passwords, navigate the voice mail prompts, etc? I don't think it can be done. It would be much safer to do this on-screen instead of using the handset, but Big Brother GM doesn't see it that way. Frustrating.

jgrade
08-10-06, 09:57 AM
Very true! The GM lawyers think because you are using your phone to dial access codes rather than their interface, you won't sue them when you run over a family of four while accessing your voicemail. Of course then the argument becomes that being forced to use the phone to enter DTMF is more dangerous and distracting then using the large nav interface. Their is no winning. Wait for a hack.

mczurales
08-10-06, 11:09 PM
Just use your phone for dialing and accessing voicemail. It is much easier than the voice recognition. With my voice recognition, I will say cd select track 6 and it will change the temp to 86 degrees in the middle of the summer!! lol

ascariSTS
08-14-06, 07:17 AM
Just use your phone for dialing and accessing voicemail. It is much easier than the voice recognition. With my voice recognition, I will say cd select track 6 and it will change the temp to 86 degrees in the middle of the summer!! lol

LOOOL I couldn't stop laughin after I read ur post...

That's why I said from the beginning and I SENT AN EMAIL TO GM TELLING THEM ABOUT IT...

that please, make the phone buttons physical... As it is with Mercedes Benz...

why should I go to the phone menu ??.... or just don't grey them out while driving...

hope they will release an update fixing it...

jgrade
08-14-06, 09:38 AM
Sorry ascariSTS, who is making the jokes now. I could not help laughing at your post too. GM "fix" the grayed out dialing pad?! Not a chance. This is not a fix situation; this was intentional, as you probably know. You're better off firing a letter to the General Counsel asking them to review their decisions as to what is grayed out. I mean come on GM you can tell if the passenger seat is occupied, so let the dim screens come to life if a passenger is in the vehicle. My wife is capable of initiating a phone call while I am driving without causing an accident.