: Be Safe Guys

Brett
08-01-06, 01:52 PM
http://www.baynews9.com/content/74/2006/8/1/171768.html?title=Fatal%20accident%20on%20U.S.%201 9%20and%20Alderman%20Road

Night Wolf
08-01-06, 03:28 PM
that intersection is like.... not even 5 mins from my girlfriends house..... I have been in it many times.... wow....

Destroyer
08-01-06, 04:21 PM
that intersection is like.... not even 5 mins from my girlfriends house..... I have been in it many times.... wow....About 5 minutes from my house as well. That sucks.

Elvis
08-01-06, 04:33 PM
A 33-year-old man should have sense enough not to street race with a couple of 18-year-old punks in a CRX. That's a shame and a waste.

FLnick06
08-01-06, 05:28 PM
Insane. It almost makes me think the kids did somethin ass like to the guy, and he was trying to chase them, maybe not racing. Who knows, pretty damn sad though...

DBA-One
08-01-06, 06:19 PM
I live just north of Alderman. My wife rolled up on the scene of that just after it happened. She was there before the cops, et al. A friend died in a wreck just north of Tarpon Ave earlier this month on 19.

DBA-One
08-01-06, 06:26 PM
Insane. It almost makes me think the kids did somethin ass like to the guy, and he was trying to chase them, maybe not racing. Who knows, pretty damn sad though...

Perhaps but from other stories going around the actual cause (not saying racing was not the main fault here) was a driver making a u-turn on 19. This is where New Jersey is smart as these types of lefts and u-turns can't be done. According to what I've read the two cars are moving at a high rate of speed on 19. This truck makes a u-turn to go back north bound but under estimates the speed of oncoming traffic. BAM. It happens on this particular stretch of road all the time. Regardless of racing or not. This is why it is called "Death Valley" Racing is stupid but people make ignorant decisions about left hand turns or u-turns nearly every second on 19.

Oh and here is a blog to one of the articles.

http://tboblogs.com/index.php/newswire/comments/fatal_accident_in_palm_harbor/

Brett
08-01-06, 10:09 PM
the uturns are still hard to get used too down here. In IL, where i'm from, they are illegal unless posted otherwise, but down here they legal unless posted otherwise.....its dangerous imo

DBA-One
08-01-06, 11:06 PM
These uturns and left turns need to go away. Far too much risk.