: Button on Grill???

osa
07-31-06, 04:03 PM
OK, I'm showing how GREEN I am! I have had my first Cadillac for a year now; it's an 04 Deville. I LOVE it. I have noticed other Caddies have some sort of a button on the grill. Some have one, others have more than one. What is this???

Thanks,
OSA

JimHare
07-31-06, 04:38 PM
You may be seeing the "Heritage of Ownership" medallions - they are, sometimes, given to people who have bought multiple NEW Caddy's at a dealer - I think you have to specifically ask your sales person to order one for you. I've seen them on Ebay for various prices - one was actually numbered XVIII - which for the non-Latin among us, is EIGHTEEN! I can't imagine buying EIGHTEEN NEW Caddys over a period of time...unless you have a fleet service or something...

They are also somewhat specific to the MODEL - if you get a medallion for a '92 Fleetwood off eBay, it may not fit your '06 CTS...or vice versa.

codewize
08-01-06, 12:06 AM
Here we go again;

It's called the Cadillac Heritage Emblem. Standard cars pre 2002 got gold, sport models such as STS and DTS got platinum (almost looks like worn off gold) and post 2001 they changed to an oval shape split black and stainless.

They have a number on them that signifies the number of NEW Cadillacs you have purchased from a dealer. The round style has a roman numeral and the new ones have an American digit

Previous posts can be found at
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/80248-what-vogues-anyway-2.html?highlight=Heritage

caddydaddy
08-01-06, 01:48 PM
Some people get them from buying a used Cadillac at a dealership as well.

codewize
08-01-06, 08:05 PM
Yes as did I. It was left on the car. The salesman was nice enough to ask me how many Caddi's I had owned and went and stole a V off another car to replace the IV on the car I was buying. I love my salesman.

Some people get them from buying a used Cadillac at a dealership as well.

brougham
08-02-06, 05:32 PM
Someone said before that when you buy the car you used to get a choice for what kind you wanted. The one for my Brougham D'Elegance is pewter and I like it better then the gold ones because it doesn't stand out as much.

codewize
08-02-06, 10:48 PM
That is not the way I understand it. Gold for base models. Pewter or Platinum for specialty cars STS, DTS, ETC maybe the D'Elegance was entitled to that. Not sure.

Someone said before that when you buy the car you used to get a choice for what kind you wanted. The one for my Brougham D'Elegance is pewter and I like it better then the gold ones because it doesn't stand out as much.

Benzilla
08-02-06, 11:40 PM
My '90 d'Elegance has gold.

brougham
08-03-06, 12:02 AM
That is not the way I understand it. Gold for base models. Pewter or Platinum for specialty cars STS, DTS, ETC maybe the D'Elegance was entitled to that. Not sure.

I never heard that before seeing your last post. Anytime I've ever heard of the different ones it was always that you got to choose what one you wanted.

codewize
08-03-06, 10:36 AM
Hmm I could be wrong but. I'm not betting my life on this BUT that's what was told to me by both a dealer and a guy on eBay selling them.

Yes I know it's eBay but he seemed to be knowledgeable and helpful in this area and he had no reason to lie.

I never heard that before seeing your last post. Anytime I've ever heard of the different ones it was always that you got to choose what one you wanted.

osa
08-04-06, 11:39 AM
Thanks for all the info everyone! Guess I'll have to wait till I purchase a few more before I get to participate!

chazglenn3
08-19-06, 12:36 PM
Unless you buy one on eBay like I did. I have owned 4 Cadillacs, but I never buy new and always "pre-owned" (why not take advantage of the depreciation). So, I just received a very nice brand new design badge with the number "4" on it...the buy-it-now price was $9.95.