: 99 Escalade owner considering buying an 05 STS today... YOUR THOUGHTS, please.

hilldo
07-31-06, 02:19 PM
http://buzzlot.com/root/data/automanager/DavidTaylor/C11444A.jpg

2005 CADILLAC STS

Mileage: 2,810
Color: Silver
Transmission: AUTOMATIC
Engine Size: 3.6 6 CYL.

Decent gas mileage, luxury, and Cadillac Certified to six years or 100,000 miles.

Looking at about $35,000 Cadillac Certified to 6 years or 100k.

PROS/CONS?

hilldo
07-31-06, 02:29 PM
Also, thinking about adding DVD Nav System though I'd rarely actually need it since I know my way around Houston well. Might come in handy in traffic situations or road trips, but other than business use for finding sales calls which I don't really need are there other features in the nav system that warrant it as an add on before I dig out of the dealership?

c5 rv
07-31-06, 03:02 PM
Have the dealer provide you with a printout of the service history & warranty claims. To me, that low mileage sends up red flags of a GM buyback because of problems the first owner couldn't get resolved to his / her satisfaction. You may end up with a long warranty, but a car that is in the shop for much of it.

hilldo
08-01-06, 01:11 AM
Thank you... I asked about that and they said it was a demo for one of the regional managers... beter check that.

corvette00
08-01-06, 10:06 AM
If you are interested in a Nav vehicle I would suggest you find one with it already installed. The system includes additional speakers. Did this vehicle have a sunroof. In Michigan you can purchase a loaded v8 rwd with decent miles for not much more.

malatu
08-01-06, 07:41 PM
If you are interested in a Nav vehicle I would suggest you find one with it already installed. The system includes additional speakers. Did this vehicle have a sunroof. In Michigan you can purchase a loaded v8 rwd with decent miles for not much more.

Check out ebay "buy it now" prices. Not that I suggest you buy one off of a dealer on ebay, but this will give you an idea what other dealers are willing to sell 6 cylinders for. Based on what I've seen, my opinion is 35k is too muchfor a six cylinder with 3000 miles on it. I've seen 6 cyl. with 20-27k miles in the $26-28k price range. Mileage is definately an important variable.

hilldo
08-02-06, 03:53 PM
Paid $34995 with the 6 year certification to 100k included plus gap and secure gaurd... perhaps I should have worked down that price but it's the third car I've bought from David Taylor in Houston and I didn't want to beat them up too bad this time since I haggled haggled haggled the last two.

Diggin the ride... turned up the bose xm and while I think the bass is weak and the system isn't as loud as I would like I was impressed with the crisp sound of the stock system.

Going to add a sub in the trunk for some thump.

c5 rv
08-02-06, 08:29 PM
Congrats on your new wheels. A CPO STS with low miles, another 5 years and 97K of warranty, with a discount is very appealing.