: Possible stolen car...

Night Wolf
07-30-06, 05:43 AM
So I've been away for over a week, went back to NY on my one week Summer break.... so last Friday I park the DeVille at the end of the row in my normal parking lot, lock it all up and all that. Aimee brings me to the airport so the car can stay at the apartment and I could spend more time with Aimee....

So fast forward to today.... 2 days of driving the '89 Olds 88 from NY to FL.... I get in at 5PM Sat. evening, I don't stop in at the apartment first.... gosh no.... I go right to Aimee's..... so I after a while I leave and arrive at my apartment complex... around 4AM Sunday..... Much to my surprise, the DeVille is gone.... nothing.... Cadillac DeVille's don't just vanish into thin air..... so first I was cool about it... I saw a thing on my door knob, thinking ok, maybe it has something to do with it..... nope... stupid ad for local pizza joint.... now I am getting mad.... I check my mail.... nothing... I take the Olds for a spin around the whole complex looking at all the cars... nothing. I call the local police dept. and they said the only thing they could do is check if the car was impounded by the apartment complex, but there was no record of that..... So now I am waiting back for a call from a cop to file the report for a stolen car.

The gates at the apartment complex were not working when I left (the rear gate) but working when I came back tonight (first time ever they are all working).... and the gate card is in the DeVille... waiting for someone to enter the complex with a working gate card isn't cool... I only had to wait for 15mins.

The car.... well, it was low on gas.... the gauge said E..... the Pass-Key system most likely isn't working since the security light has been on for a long time, then I removed the bulb. I should have disconnected the battery and removed the power wire to the distrubutor or something..... who knows how it left from its spot.... and where it is now..... right now I just don't know what to think.... partially cause I've been up for 24 hours now... drove about 700 miles today.... mind is on other things..... I am sure in the morning I'll be that much more upset.

So I just got off the phone with the cop.... its listed as a stolen vehicle.... just gotta see what the up coming days bring....

I guess I'll be relying on the Oldsmobile more then ever now.... 133k miles and averaed 26-30mpg doing 70-80mph with the AC cranking the whole way down..... gosh....

Florida is not the state me with Cadillacs with NY tags apparently........

So its starting to hit now that there is no record of the car being impounded by the complex (no reason it would be) and nothing else comes up...... somebody obviously has the car.... If I do get the car back..... I can just imagine what kind of shape it would be in, or what is no longer there.....

5:30AM.... I am going to go to sleep now... supposed to be getting up in 3 hours to go to Church with Aimee..... another night of no sleep.....

terrible one
07-30-06, 05:58 AM
Rick man, that is horrible to hear! I guess all I can do is wish you the best of luck with everything. It's really hard to think that everything will be cool in the end, but it's always possible.

Frost
07-30-06, 06:37 AM
Few things in this world can leave you feeling more violated than when someone steals your property, NW. I had one of my motorcycles stolen while I slept - with what I thought was a foolproof alarm system activated and at the ready. Woke up to find the place where my bike always left it's mark (oil spots) empty. At the time, that motorcycle was my only transportation and the theft turned me into a bus-rider for the 1st and only time in my life. Oh, how I cursed the scumbags for that one!!!

The cops never found it again, although I Imagine it was ripped off and then dismantled for the parts - it usually always work out that way with bikes.

Who knows why scumbags stole your pride and joy? They might have just taken it until the gas ran out and then coasted to the side of a road - and that is where the cops will find it. Empty, but otherwise no worse the wear.

We can only hope that is the case - it IS the case when joyriding is the reason for the theft. And most thefts of cars are done by punks looking to go for a joyride so from that aspect, the percentages are in your favour.

Take some deep breaths, let the gumshoes do what they're paid to do (find your wheels) and let this take it's course. Sure, we all fantasize about what we'd do to the scumbags if we ever caught them in the act, but that rarely happens.

Feelings of violation? Yes. Shitty way to be treated, karma-wise? Certainly. Worth obsessing over? No, but that doesn't stop us from doing it.

I am so sorry this happend to you and your car. I know how much work you put into it and the pride of ownership that you displayed on all your posts. But I really think it was just for joyriding purposes and your car WILL turn up, no worse the wear.

Try and keep a positive outlook, NW. We're pulling for you!

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
07-30-06, 07:21 AM
Oh no!!!!!!

I love that car!
I hope and pray you get it back in pretty much the same condition you left her.

What a horrible feeling to come home and find a space where she should be...

:(

Night Wolf
07-30-06, 08:54 AM
If it left under its own power, it didn't get far.... I remember being like, gosh I should put gas in the thing... the gas gauge was on E or blinking E, it was low... and I've got a locking gas cap, I've had the key with me... there is the 2nd key for the gas cap in the car, but who knows if it was found.... so unless someone smashed the thing, they didn't get gas in it.....

still tough when you pull up after a week and don't see a car there where you left it....

addison_ii
07-30-06, 09:00 AM
Sorry to hear about the Coupe, Rick. I can understand what you're going through. I had a car of mine stolen before and I had to drive 5 hours away and pick it up in another state. Hopefully yours isn't too far away and still in the shape you left it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-30-06, 10:36 AM
Jesus Christ Rick! You just can't catch a break! First the '79 is wrecked then this! I am so sorry to hear that man! I hope to god you get it back in short order in the same condition that it was left in! I can only imagine how much this hurts man, your '93 was your baby, your pride and joy and it was the car you were gonna own until the day you died. But I am sure you have insurance, so even if worse comes to worse and it's never found, you'll still get money. I only have liability, so if my '92 is ever stolen, I'm pretty much SOL.

I swear, next summer, after I have my one year in at the Chevy dealer, I'll take a week off work and I'll come down to FL and Stoney, you and I can cruise the state looking for these scumbag shitkicking douchec*nts and we'll teach them their lesson... :lildevil:

Stoneage_Caddy
07-30-06, 11:53 AM
you mean its like ....gone ? ....like gone ? ....nah .....im gonna go check the calender....must be april or something .....

i think we need to get the hell out of this god forsaken state ....

Jesda
07-30-06, 01:21 PM
I swear, its one nightmare after another for the members on this forum (remember that string of wrecks?). Really sorry to hear about this. I liked your coupe.

DopeStar 156
07-30-06, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't count on those DTS wheels being there. Nor your XM..... Still, I hope it comes back.....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-30-06, 01:39 PM
I have to wonder, who would steal a '93 Cadillac Coupe deVille? I mean of all the Ferraris, Porsches, Benzes, BMW's, and Escalades in Florida, they go after a 13 year old Cadillac... why? Nothing against the car, I loved that car, but why would someone go after that when there are so many "better" cars out there?

Dopestar and I were talking. We think that it must have been towed out because the parking lot was gated. Someone must have gotten the code for the gate or something. I'll bet if it was towed, someone saw it. But they probably thought nothing of it, they probably thought it was a routine job, like your car died and you were having it towed to the dealership for repairs or something like that. I've seen stuff like that and thought nothing of it, like it was routine business.

So since that accident involving the '79 was the start of the chain of accidents, will this start a chain of auto thefts? I hope to god not, otherwise I'm like 3rd on the list...

Hey everyone, I think we should start a "Let's buy Rick another Cadillac" fund. Or maybe with his luck, we should start a "Lets buy Rick a Lincoln" fund. His luck should be better with those.

LittleB
07-30-06, 01:45 PM
Man that sucks :( I hope they find it!

DopeStar 156
07-30-06, 01:47 PM
Don't even mention a string of GTA's.....

77CDV
07-30-06, 03:40 PM
Rick,

Been there, know how you feel. Kinda like your head filled with helium and your guts vanished, all at once. It's the most surreal thing to go to where you left your car, like you have a gazillion times before, and find...nothing. No car, no broken glass, no tire marks, just...nothing. Dead air.

I'm really, really sorry. This has not been your Cadillac year for sure. I know your Olds will serve you well, but I also know how it's just not the same. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that things work out better for your first love than they did for mine. What a total bummer!

Craig

Sandy
07-30-06, 03:53 PM
That's terrible, and I truly feel very sorry for you. I liked your DeVille, and still do, even though you always rassed me 'bout my Sixty Special.
I sincerly hope that it's found by the time you read THIS, and that it is in AAA perfect condition. Man, Rick, first the Sedan, and now the Coupe. You were safer in upstate N.Y! My sincerest & most profound prayers that you get your baby back real fast!!

Anything I can do to help ~ just ask.

SANDY

Benzilla
07-30-06, 05:00 PM
Wow, this is a bad year for you. Really sorry man, I know that car was your baby. I remember when the '79 got wrecked, you were like at least it wasn't the Coupe.

This is like Final Destination, Cadillac forums style, you all cheated death, and now its coming after you!

sorry if that seemed tacky...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-30-06, 06:08 PM
This is like Final Destination, Cadillac forums style, you all cheated death, and now its coming after you!

Hahaha my friends believe that my '92 has cheated death when it hit the guardrail, but now god is out to smote it. Since the day I hit the guardrail (12/14/05), I have been in 6, (count them 6) close calls that would have done far worse damage to my car than that guardrail did.

It's only a matter of time....

Destroyer
07-30-06, 06:25 PM
Why is the thread called "possible stolen car"?. If there was no reason for anyone to tow it and its not there...........its stolen. Unless someone close to you has the keys and thought you were staying away for longer?. Unfortunately when cars this old are stolen its usually because someone just needs a ride to get somewhere and then they will abandon it -or- you may very well know who stole it as it seems like whoever did it knew you would be gone for awhile and the car would not be reported till you got back. Either way it sucks but hopefully the car will come back in the same shape it was in.

Caddy Man
07-30-06, 07:01 PM
Why is the thread called "possible stolen car"?. If there was no reason for anyone to tow it and its not there...........its stolen. Unless someone close to you has the keys and thought you were staying away for longer?. Unfortunately when cars this old are stolen its usually because someone just needs a ride to get somewhere and then they will abandon it -or- you may very well know who stole it as it seems like whoever did it knew you would be gone for awhile and the car would not be reported till you got back. Either way it sucks but hopefully the car will come back in the same shape it was in.
I agree

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-30-06, 07:18 PM
From now on, whenever I leave my car for a long period of time, I'm gonna pull a battery cable or something.

Jesda
07-30-06, 07:21 PM
Wanted for questioning:
http://www.xbox365.com/gdb/images/EpVuFFyVFEsQmdPRUo/Grand_Theft_Auto_9_500.jpg

Stoneage_Caddy
07-30-06, 08:31 PM
From now on, whenever I leave my car for a long period of time, I'm gonna pull a battery cable or something.

i think next weekend while im installing new injectors and reviseing my starter im gonna make a few improvements to the VATS system ....my idea is to run a time delay relay wired off the RKE transmitter/recivier , so after unlock is pushed on the fob youll have less then 10 seconds to start it , this would be spliced into the signal wire AT the starter ...that way the car cannot be hot wired ....

problem is to make it in such a way that pushing unlock on the car door wont activate the system ....good thing i have wireing diagrams

gdwriter
07-30-06, 08:43 PM
Rick, FWIW, I said a prayer this morning that you get your Coupe back soon and unscathed. I understand that it's more than just a car to you. Florida has not been kind to your Cadillacs. I'd want to get the hell outta Dodge.

Although it's no guarantee, I know Cruella's factory security system still works, since I've accidentally set it off more than once. Boy, that trumpet horn is loud!

For anybody who has to park their car outside on a regular basis, I'd recommend a brake-pedal lock. I bought one for Betty when I learned that the Impala is the third most-stolen classic car (the Corvette and Mustang are first and second). It would be pretty easy to pull Betty's steering wheel, so I think this is more secure than a club:

http://www.gdwriter.com/images/P7300005.jpg

http://www.gdwriter.com/images/ethel.jpg

90Brougham350
07-30-06, 09:22 PM
Oh man, this blows! I feel pretty shitty reading this Rick, I really hope you get her back in one, still-good piece. I can't imagine what a year this has been for you dude.

Night Wolf
07-31-06, 12:42 AM
Nothing still.... too many things seem strange about the whole situation.... If someone was stealing a car worth money, they would take the newer BMW that is parked right next to my DeVille.... if they wanted a free ride, they would have taken one of the junkers that people leave the keys in the ignition.... if someone wanted my cd player, they would most likely break into the car and take it.... not take the whole car.

I always use the parking brake when I park.... a car that weighs nearly 4,000lbs being held in place by 4 locked wheels is not going to be easy to tow out. There are no tire marks at all. Tomorrow I talk to management at the apartment complex and do some more searching.

I named the title possible stolen car cause it was less then an hour after I realized it was gone..... didn't know for sure what happened tho..... tomorrow I'll know more info.

I talked to two neighbors in my building... one wasn't aware at all, the other wasn't too aware, but he was saying that he first remembers it not being there Sunday or Monday night.... meaning about a week ago, which was 2 days after I left if that was the case....

The condition.... who knows..... this very second its sitting somewhere, not here.

Stoneage_Caddy
07-31-06, 01:06 AM
this is unreal .....

Benzilla
07-31-06, 01:06 AM
So, if you had the keys, and theres no broken glass, and you're sure it was locked, then how'd they do it? I can't see somebody who was trying to steal a car waiting around to sweep up glass, they must have known what they were doing, which rules out just a joyrider, it sounds like it was done by a pro. which means if you do ever find any part id it, it will be the burned shell with the VIN removed. Plus if it was out of gas with a locked cap, that means if you were going to find it, it would be near by, can't the local cops do anything?

I'll keep thinking about it though.

Benzilla
07-31-06, 01:07 AM
Hey maby you've been overhauled!

too bad you're on the other side of the country.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-31-06, 01:14 AM
As much as I hate to say this, I still think it was towed to a chop shop. It wouldn't have been easy considering all four wheels were locked, but it would have been possible.

What makes the most sense to me regarding the chop shop is someone needed/ wanted a early '90s Cadillac Coupe, and someone was sent out to find one and they found yours. It had to have been done by professionals. Kids who would have joyridden probably wouldn't know how to hotwire it, and they would have broken the glass getting in. But there was no broken glass, so that rules that out.

I just thought of something, maybe it was towed by the city who got it confused with a different Cadillac. It's happened before. Maybe it's sitting in an impound lot somewhere..

If you left your GPS tracker in the car, could you somehow find that using some sort of a GPS device? I know the police can find one by the GPS signal in their cell phone. Maybe they can help there..

Stoneage_Caddy
07-31-06, 01:19 AM
i still think the apartment complex towed it

Caddy Man
07-31-06, 01:49 AM
forget about disconneting the battery and crazy gadgets...just invest in a kill switch hidden in a very good place. 10 dollars later you have a very good security feature.

Benzilla
07-31-06, 02:07 AM
It won't matter much of ther're going to tow it, now does it?

Caddy Man
07-31-06, 03:01 AM
true...but that dosnt mean don't take certain precautions. Thats like saying, ''well we will all die one day so whats the point of being healthy?''

Benzilla
07-31-06, 03:21 AM
Yes, but it seems if someone wants to steal a car, they are going to do it, nomatter what you have on it. This is not true for punk teenager car theves, however I don't have many of those where I live, so for me its not an issue, here if somebody is going to steal a car, they know what they're dong.

But if i helps with where the cars is, then go for it.

Night Wolf
07-31-06, 12:11 PM
The apartment complex did not tow the car, and I called the local towing compnay, and nothing came up, plus it would be reported to the police if they did tow anything.

The manager lady was around my building on Thursday and didn't see the car there.... so it's been gone since at least Thursday and as early as Sunday/Monday from what the neighbor said.

I gotta head back to school.... no work today so Aimee and I are going to drive around some of the places here and check it out.... that seems to be just about all I can do right now.

Oh yeah, the manager lady said there hasn't been a car stolen from here in 3 years, some break ins, mostly from the doors being unlocked... but not stolen....

Also, no theft coverage on the car.... and damage to it, if I ever get it back is a total loss on my part.

Way too many instances lead me to believe it may have been someone from my school/class.... People knew I was going to be away.... people ask each other what they are doing on their break etc.... I have not mentioned a thing to anyone at school about it, nobody knows... nobody passes by my building so nobody would see it and know its gone.... I am going to give it a couple days and see if there is any talk going on at all... then I'll ask a couple guys I know for sure would have never done it and see if they heard anything... meanwhile I'll still search the area.

DBA-One
07-31-06, 04:58 PM
That sucks. I thought my car was stolen the other day. I park in the same spot every time here at work. I came out and the car wasn't there. I had to turn around and look again because I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me or something. Turns out I was just being a dummy and I had parked in the front that day (a freak occurrence). Not that any car theft is good but hopefully this is one of those joy ride kind of things and she comes home fine.

Caddy Man
07-31-06, 05:14 PM
That sucks. I thought my car was stolen the other day. I park in the same spot every time here at work. I came out and the car wasn't there. I had to turn around and look again because I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me or something. Turns out I was just being a dummy and I had parked in the front that day (a freak occurrence). Not that any car theft is good but hopefully this is one of those joy ride kind of things and she comes home fine.
Same here...i live close to school, but one day randomly decided to drive to go to the school gym. Well when I left I just walked back to my apartment, because I was on the phone and forgot I drove. Later that night I look outside and for a second freaked out because my car wasnt there. Then I remebered it was parked at school, so I walked and got it.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
07-31-06, 05:56 PM
Any word on he car yet? Really shitty deal, Nightwolf!
I hope ya manage to get it back!

caddypimpin05
07-31-06, 06:45 PM
yo bro I dont mean to be an a-hole by saying this but either if you do get it back it will be all trashed or more than likely you will probably never ever see that car again cause usually when they steal cars like this they chop it up for parts im from ny and remember in the early 90s when u would see cars with like no wheels and a bunch of stuff missing sitting on like the side of the highways and freeways yea that is how u might find it man sorry to hear that tho its effed up whenever something is stolen I know I would be going nuts just like you

CadiJeff
07-31-06, 07:58 PM
Why the hell would anyone chop an old 93 coupe deville, the salvage yards are full of those and similar cars, it is a nice car but the legal equivilant would be easier and less risky, something dosn't add up. Either a drug dealer wanted it or someone jacked it to piss you off.

sorry to hear about this Rick
good luck

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-31-06, 08:32 PM
Somebody's pulling a prank on you perhaps? Like in that one episode of King Of The Hill where Hank, Bill and Boomhauer steal and hide Dale's new lawn tractor to teach him a lesson because he was bragging about it so much.

Rick, personally I find it hard to believe someone from school would take your beloved '93. You are a pretty likeable guy you're not one to brag about your cars and that's the only reason I can think that someone from your class would steal your car. I don't think you did anything that would deserve this. I don't think many people at your school would be out to get you by taking the '93. Auto theft is really bad as far as shit like that goes. People wouldn't do that to someone to get back at them, maybe they'd key it, break a window or something relatively insignificant like that, but only a real ******* would STEAL a man's car. I think it was just a case of "wrong place at the wrong time". Some random person in your area wanted a Cadillac Coupe deVille or maybe any Cadillac or maybe they wanted an early '90s Cadillac, and they snagged yours. That makes the most sense to me anyways.

Jesda
07-31-06, 09:11 PM
Maybe it was a FORUM MEMBER!

*cues dramatic soap opera music* :)

Sorry, just trying to find a light moment because its quite terrible.

Kev
07-31-06, 09:41 PM
Hi Rick,
Sorry about your Coupe. My guess is that your ride is very popular among the low rider crowd (no offense to any who love and appreciate them) I know that it would be very well received here where I live. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that it was ripped by someone and taken to a chop shop or else where.

I've seen good tow truck operators get into new cars and trucks in less than 30 seconds. A proficient thief would have no problem getting into your coupe, by-passing any alarm, releasing the parking brake and any other locking devise and have it on a hook or ramp in under 90 seconds.

Anyway, I hope you get this resolved soon. I hope you get your car back and that it is not trashed.

Good luck to you. :thumbsup:

Benzilla
07-31-06, 11:03 PM
umm, I don't think to many lowrider guys would steal a '93 Deville, its front wheel drive, most lowriders are rear.

maby someone that wanted to slap some rented 20s on a caddy for a date would steal it, but I doubt it.

This doesn't make any sense.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-31-06, 11:11 PM
umm, I don't think to many lowrider guys would steal a '93 Deville, its front wheel drive, most lowriders are rear.

I disagree. Lowrider doesn't necessarily mean it has to be RWD, I've seen people do FWD low riders, or maybe someone just wanted to throw some rims on it and do stuff like that.

If that's the case Rick, I kinda hope it's far away out of Clearwater. It would just hurt me too much to see my stolen car made into a ghetto lowrider.

Stoneage_Caddy
07-31-06, 11:26 PM
Chased a coupe down on I75 tonight , caught a glimpse as i was mergeing on ....had to run 115 to catch it ....

turns out it was a sedan ....wishful thinking i guess

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-31-06, 11:27 PM
Chased a coupe down on I75 tonight , caught a glimpse as i was mergeing on ....had to run 115 to catch it ....

turns out it was a sedan ....wishful thinking i guess

That, is dedication!

Stoneage_Caddy
07-31-06, 11:30 PM
well , im heart broken here....and trust me , as close as i live to wolf its very possible i might see it as many miles as i drive a day ....

but one thing to note , wolf really shouldnt hope i find it .....becuse if he runs im killing him (the perp) and the car with gladys ....

Benzilla
08-01-06, 01:07 AM
I disagree. Lowrider doesn't necessarily mean it has to be RWD, I've seen people do FWD low riders, or maybe someone just wanted to throw some rims on it and do stuff like that.

If that's the case Rick, I kinda hope it's far away out of Clearwater. It would just hurt me too much to see my stolen car made into a ghetto lowrider.

I hate to disagree, but I used to hang out with the lowrider guys, and at best you'd see 1 FWD for every 100 RWD.

Now if your talking about the people that do, like, 20s, tint, sound systems, candy paint, air bags, then yeah it could be, but old school lowriders with hydros and 13s almost never roll FWD.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-01-06, 01:13 AM
Now if your talking about the people that do, like, 20s, tint, sound systems, candy paint, air bags, then yeah it could be.

That's what I am thinking of. Cars like Caddeville's.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-01-06, 01:14 AM
well , im heart broken here....and trust me , as close as i live to wolf its very possible i might see it as many miles as i drive a day ....

but one thing to note , wolf really shouldnt hope i find it .....becuse if he runs im killing him (the perp) and the car with gladys ....

I can only imagine what you would do to the the guy when you catch him!

Night Wolf
08-01-06, 02:18 AM
Nothing more... I spent a little while driving around local residental areas.... nothing came up.... I will keep doing that tho.

Tomorrow I am going to call St. Pete police, Clearwater police, Pinellas County Sheriff and the FHP.... cause I was thinking... even tho I put in a stolen car report, if from the time it was stolen until I made the report, it could be sitting in an impound yard or something... I dunno... worth a shot anyway.

It was just a thought it may be someone from the school.... there are a few guys I woudln't second guess... but its just a hunch... too many things seemed to line up that way tho.... but who knows, I am defintily not leaving that as the only possibility.

The car stands out... not fire engine red '59 Caddy stand out... but... the Coupe in general, the color, the tint, the Seville SLS wheels with white wall tires and NY tags... atleast for me it stood out quite a bit.... I guess good and bad.... bad cause it possibly drew unwanted attention, but good cause its not a white '98 Corolla that you see in every other driveway.

We'll see what tomorrow brings... gotta work... but I'll make those calls and check around a bit more too.

DopeStar 156
08-01-06, 02:28 AM
If I had to guess, someone's ****ing with you. Someone could've got a set of keys made at a dealership with your VIN, started it up and drove off, maybe even filled it up some. Someone you know prolly has it stashed under a tarp in their yard. I'm lighting candles and hexing souls as we speak....

Night Wolf
08-01-06, 03:02 AM
I really want to think its some lame joke by someone that knows me.... but.... that alone may seem out there...

Ya know... it just sucks.... first, I drove the '79 DeVille down from NY over Christmas break, and a month later it got into a major accident.... there goes one Caddy.... then the '93 Coupe... my first car.... that I've had for over 3 years gets stolen. There goes Caddy #2 (err... #1).....

So for the first time I do not have a Cadillac at my disposal.... I still legally own 2 Cadillacs, I have the titles in my name and all that fun stuff, but they are not here. Also for the first time, I rely on the Oldsmobile more then ever..... the car started off as the $500 winter car 3 years ago.... now I am relying on it as my sole mode of transportation 1,300 miles from home (if I can even consider NY home anymore).... she leaks power steering fluid from the badly rusted power steering cooler lines (on the agena to replace some time in the future) but the darn thing dosn't skip a single beat. Long live Oldsmobile, the Delta 88 and the 3800 V6.... gosh.... 133k miles and I still get over 400 miles to a tank of [regular] gas. I would think it would be safe to say that an '89 Olds Delta 88 with steel wheels and factory wire hub caps isn't exactly a hott car in town..... 1 car was in a big accident... 1 car was stolen.... what seems to be left now? That Olds has been thru quite a bit already..... all I know right now though is... the Oldsmobile must remain running and driving at all costs... it needs to. So far it hasn't had a single issue doing just that.... very thankful.

but..... it's time the DeVille comes back.... at first its like ok... cars gone... now its like....ok, the car was stolen.... when you think about your car being somewhere when you leave, and not there when you come back.... well... its not a cool feeling at all... and I am ready to get it back now.

CadiJeff
08-01-06, 03:19 AM
Rick I just checked and it's not on ebay but I'll keep doing what I can from Ohio which unfortunately isn't much
still sorry, 2 cadi's in one year damn man, mabe it's a sign to find another place or something. If I were in your place and it were either or both of my cadi's you could follow me by the trail of dead and dying I left in my wake, I have a slow temper but that would push me over to the dark side And I would become Darth Cadijeff.

DopeStar 156
08-01-06, 03:51 AM
Long live Oldsmobile
Too late....

davesdeville
08-01-06, 07:26 AM
Rick that really sucks to hear bro.

But look on the bright side, all the cars here end up in Mexico/getting stripped. Your state doesn't touch Mexico, so you have a chance of getting it back at least.

Not much consolation I know...

Sandy
08-01-06, 09:19 AM
I have an idea.

Assuming it was stolen >> People who steal a car are not the most careful drivers or parkers ! See if your local police dept. can or would run a check of YOUR license plate to find out IF that car had been issued a parking ticket or a moving violation. That will give you an idea where it is at. Remember, there is a grace period, BEFORE they come after you for lack of payment, so THAT time frame has probably not yet come to pass. See if they'll run your plate and see if its got any recent violations against it ~ ESPECIALLY parking !

2nd ..... any chance any family members have borrowed it ? Did the place where it was parked have it towed ?

Was there any broken glass on the ground WHERE you last parked it ?

Elvis
08-01-06, 09:40 AM
I feel really bad for you Rick. Somebody mentioned the word "violated" earlier, and that's probably the best description for how this makes you feel.

On top of that, we all give our cars personalities like they were our children or pets. The thought of somebody else behind the wheel of your baby, or even worse dismantling her has to be killing you.

I'm really sorry and I hope this all works out for you soon. You've taken all the right steps, maybe you can put together a flier with a picture, description, tag# and VIN and circulate it to all the police departments in Florida. I'm sure there's somewhere on the web where you can get mailing addresses and e-mail addresses of all the sheriff's departments.

Good luck.

illumina
08-01-06, 11:14 AM
Rick, ask your apartment manager the number to their tow guys. If they're anything like the ones we have around here, they'll be shady bastards and not report things so they can sell the car on a salvage title or something.

Otherwise, when you get the car back and all, and let it sit for any period of time, disconnect the distributor hotwire, the fuel injection wires, and the battery cable as well as pull the ignition fuse. If the thieves can get through that mess, they deserve the car! This is what I do to my cars when not in use for a while...

Night Wolf
08-01-06, 11:42 AM
I have an idea.

Assuming it was stolen >> People who steal a car are not the most careful drivers or parkers ! See if your local police dept. can or would run a check of YOUR license plate to find out IF that car had been issued a parking ticket or a moving violation. That will give you an idea where it is at. Remember, there is a grace period, BEFORE they come after you for lack of payment, so THAT time frame has probably not yet come to pass. See if they'll run your plate and see if its got any recent violations against it ~ ESPECIALLY parking !

2nd ..... any chance any family members have borrowed it ? Did the place where it was parked have it towed ?

Was there any broken glass on the ground WHERE you last parked it ?

nobody borrowed the car, nobody is here that would need to borrow it, I have the only set of keys..... except for the set at the house in NY.

The complex didn't have it towed... I called the towing compnay they use (manager lady gave me the number) and they had nothing.

Thats a good idea about running the plates for violations or tickets.... I'll see what I can do when I call the different police departments.

Night Wolf
08-01-06, 11:43 AM
no broken glass, or eve the slightest tire skid mark.... all 4 tires were locked up on the car... if it was towed out, someone had to be a pro... otherwise it was driven out.

caddypimpin05
08-01-06, 03:59 PM
Why the hell would anyone chop an old 93 coupe deville, the salvage yards are full of those and similar cars, it is a nice car but the legal equivilant would be easier and less risky, something dosn't add up. Either a drug dealer wanted it or someone jacked it to piss you off.

sorry to hear about this Rick
good luck

Hey jeff obviously ur from ohio, in ny some peoples are effed in the head just cause a car is common dont mean that they wont wanna steal it ive seen more commmon and lesser valued cars on the side of freeways all stripped if your a crook why go and pay money for parts when you can steal a WHOLE car for relatively free Im tellin u man peoples are messed up obviously none of us in here sees any sense in jackin a car but there are a lot of people that see otherwise

Destroyer
08-01-06, 04:18 PM
Hey jeff obviously ur from ohio, in ny some peoples are effed in the head just cause a car is common dont mean that they wont wanna steal it ive seen more commmon and lesser valued cars on the side of freeways all stripped if your a crook why go and pay money for parts when you can steal a WHOLE car for relatively free Im tellin u man peoples are messed up obviously none of us in here sees any sense in jackin a car but there are a lot of people that see otherwise
Well said and written!:thumbsup:

gary88
08-01-06, 04:26 PM
Damn, I hate to hear that. I can't even imagine how you must feel right now. Keep your head up, hopefully things will take a turn for the better.

If we all pitch in a dollar, he can have $44,116 towards a new Cadillac...

OffThaHorseCEO
08-01-06, 04:49 PM
hell in that case everyone can pitch in a dollar for me too

i think someone whos name may or may not start with an A may or may not have sold the car.....

just kidding

hey call the local scarp yards, some people have no use for car parts but still need money, cadillacs are very metallic, scrap yards pay for metal, stolen caddy....pay for metal... put em together

Night Wolf
08-01-06, 04:58 PM
Already called local salvage yards.

OffThaHorseCEO
08-01-06, 05:09 PM
Already called local salvage yards.

theres a difference between salvage and scrap

Sandy
08-01-06, 06:02 PM
Don't CALL the police, Rick. On the phone, you'll get told NO !
Go in person, plead your case. Put drops in eyes to look like tears. Beg, dance, whatever. Explain. They can do it, IF IF IF they WANT to, especially if you get a desk sargent. Just in the town you left it in, or locally. Pray the SOB has gotten a parking ticket.

One set keys. No busted Glass. Hmmmmm. I give up. A 6-pack of good coffee is always appreciated in the police station, with some donuts. Good luck

caddypimpin05
08-01-06, 06:34 PM
yea sandy is right its more effective when you go in person they take you more serious lol i dont kno about the crying hey it might work who knows lol and the donuts and cofee remark was pretty funny lol

Frost
08-01-06, 07:25 PM
Whoa now, CP05, that is one heck of a different colour on your Caddy there!

(Sorry for the temporary thread-jacking - this won't take a minute) It can't be factory - what name does it go by?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-01-06, 07:38 PM
So if there are no shards of broken glass or tire marks, it wasn't joyridden. It was done by professionals. Now who would hire professionals? Chopshops are the only people I can think of, but I suppose a rich enough drug dealer would be able to hire someone to do that.

If it was somebody from school who took it, is it easy to hotwire that car? I know it's damn near impossible on the newer cars. How would one unlock a door w/o breaking the glass? The old "coathanger" trick won't work on that car. Maybe somebody got the VIN and had a key made at the dealer. It's not hard at all.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-01-06, 09:10 PM
to get it running without a key would be a trick ....hes got a setup like mine with the vats chip and everything ....youd have to have all 16 flavors and such to get around that .....then once around that youd still have to deal with turning the ignition tumbler without the right key ....

we had alot of early 90s devilles come into the dealer i used to work for that had been broken into but were never stolen ....id love to know how there getting around vats ....becuse i do know of escalades getting stolen ...

also keep in mind , your car may not be running around with your plates anymore .....it could be running around with someone elses plates ...

i dont think anyone would have went thru the time and effort to tow a 93 coupe just to steal it or chop it up .....there just inst a demand for parts like there is with camrys and such ....

too bad the cops havent pulled the car over yet , they seemd to pull you over once a week for something ......

Elvis
08-01-06, 09:32 PM
Is there a port near there? It could be an international thing. Maybe going to Havana? Rio?

Adam
08-01-06, 10:15 PM
dude that really sucks man. i hate that for you. im not reading through all 8 pages so i am hoping it was recovered... although i doubt it. lemme know!

caddypimpin05
08-02-06, 12:23 AM
Whoa now, CP05, that is one heck of a different colour on your Caddy there!

(Sorry for the temporary thread-jacking - this won't take a minute) It can't be factory - what name does it go by?
glad u like it I call it candy grape or photoshop purple yea thats what i do on my free time i photoshop my cars lol it would look kinda hot tho i think for those of u who missed it here it is again

Benzilla
08-02-06, 12:32 AM
Actually, I've seen that color on a caddy before........

........Thats why I hate most lowriders.

illumina
08-02-06, 01:07 AM
All of this talk about shipping ports and chopshops is nonsense. Nobody is going to cover the cost of shipping a '93 Coupe Deville with worn paint to another country or whatever the thought is. I'm not putting the car down, but the likelyhood of that is slim-to-none.

A good thief can pop the lock, peel the column, and fire the car up with little effort (regardless of the PASS-key), and take the car out all the while having a 'clean' workspace, meaning they don't leave any traces of themselves so they can get caught. I'll bet money that the car is in an alley/garage in the nearby bad areas.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
08-02-06, 03:37 AM
In the UK they often LIFT the car onto the back of a lorry (truck) using a specially designed lifter. Basicallyit hooks under the car (the wheels I think) and 4 straps go up to a central point and the whole vehicle is lifted.
And because it looks very official (tow company or whatever) no-one asks questions, even if the alarm is going off (well, you wouldn't would you?).

CadiJeff
08-02-06, 03:40 AM
In the UK they often LIFT the car onto the back of a lorry (truck) using a specially designed lifter. Basicallyit hooks under the car (the wheels I think) and 4 straps go up to a central point and the whole vehicle is lifted.
And because it looks very official (tow company or whatever) no-one asks questions, even if the alarm is going off (well, you wouldn't would you?).
Me personally? You bet your a$$ I would!.....and in the past, have.(used to be a security guard)

Night Wolf
08-02-06, 03:55 AM
still nothing.

Yeah, I tend to agree... just how far is someone going to go on a 13 year old daily driven Cadillac.... sure the Coupes are rare, but there are at least 1 or 2 in the yards here..... I doubt someone is having it shipped overseas etc...

the PASS-key... well, 3 months ago the Secutiry dash light came on... there is no way to get a code from it to see what the problem is, so you gotta find it yourself... well, car always started, so I left it.. got tired of the secutiry light and pulled the bulb. So.... I don't know if the PASS-KeyII was active or not...

these GM cars, it is very easy to steal and drive away with tho.... classic slim jim that we sell at Advance (I have one) and honestly, with a steering wheel puller and lock plate remover tool, you could have the wheel off and the ignition cylinder out and start the car..... I know I could have it done in under 10mins.... obviously that isn't a short time, but I've only did it a couple times.... heck when I was in the process of fixing the steering column on the Olds, I drove around for a day using a screw driver to start it.... 1 little screw is all that holds the ignition cylinder in.

gosh its just so not cool.... in the last 3 weeks, $750 or so was spent on the 4 new Goodyear Assurance.... and about $200 was spent on misc. stuff... ISC motor etc.....

Between the '79 and the '93 I had about $8,000.... actual value between the 2..... but have nothing from them now.....

ah gosh... Olds has been great tho, the H-bodies are such awesome cars.... awesome on gas too... gosh it goes forever on a tank of gas.... its going thru power steering fluid somewhat quick now (from full to add on dipstick in about 3 days) but I'll live with it for now.

Didn't get to look much tonight for it.... but I'll go around tomorrow for a while.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-02-06, 08:41 AM
I'll bet money that the car is in an alley/garage in the nearby bad areas.

That sounds like the most plausable explanation with the recent information.

Night Wolf
08-02-06, 12:04 PM
So besides driving around and looking myself.... there isn't much more I can do?

77CDV
08-02-06, 12:42 PM
Rick,

Speaking from experience, it's over. Light a candle, say a prayer, lift a glass of single malt in her honor, then let go. I'm afraid she's gone for good. Mere words cannot express how very sorry I am for you. Requiescat in pace.

Craig

dp102288
08-02-06, 01:02 PM
I feel so bad that someone who loves their car as dearly as Wolf has to suffer a loss like this. After all the time and money you put in, getting nothing is a shame. I hope whoever did this to you rots in hell. We can even send them their early. :gun2: :brutal: :blasted: :gun:

Destroyer
08-02-06, 09:23 PM
After all the time and money you put in, getting nothing is a shame. Nothing?. No insurance?. I'm betting he gets it back, in what condition I dont know. These cars as Rick said can be found at the local pick and pull junk yards. I doubt it went to a chop shop. When the '79 got wrecked I felt bad for him (even though I thought there were too many pictures of the thing everywhere), now I feel real bad though and I hope he at least gets some money from the deal in order to find a replacement.

Benzilla
08-02-06, 11:17 PM
To many pictures of the thing everywhere? Jesus Christ, what do you want? This is a car site, people come here to show off and talk about cars. When somebody has a car they are proud of, I want to see pics of it, whats wrong with that?

Rick, well this is really a shame, but atleast you were talking about trading it in soon anyway, if you don't get it back what are your plans?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-03-06, 12:28 AM
I don't think he ever wanted to trade that car in. Not with all the memories and stuff. I think he was gonna hold on to it as long as he could. Which, sadly, was far too soon.

I think Rick had said earlier his insurance for the '93 didn't cover him under thefts and vandalism. Which means again, he will not recieve money for the loss of another vehicle. I'm so sorry buddy!

illumina
08-03-06, 01:14 AM
I'll bet dollar to dollar that within a week, Rick will notice a 'white' or 'black' (or whatever color) Coupe Deville where the new paint job isn't quite right and doesn't quite match that Landau top he has. That's when he needs to take note where the car goes and have the police follow and get the car back. I've seen it enough times to know how this sad game works.

Chances are, without gas and all, the car didn't make it very far at all. That's why I would say it's somewhere close. A garage or a pull-in could be the likely area where the car was left. I find it very unlikely that someone would take the car to a gas station to fill up (obvious reasons) should the car have run out; it's a matter of two ass-clown thieves pushing the car out of the light if you understand what I mean and getting gas later for whatever suits their needs for the car.

Give it some time; the car will turn up one way or another, then you can take claim and put this shit to rest.

illumina
08-03-06, 01:19 AM
Another thing Rick is that I would keep checking the impound lots around town for the car: chances are that she ran out of gas, the thieves took the plates off the car and dropped it somewhere, and it may have beed towed. Without tags, identifying the car is pretty difficult and the police won't know right away if it's your car or not. And also without tags, a tow company has legal right (in most states) to take the car, and reporting it isn't easy because of the possibility that the tags were taken off.

Night Wolf
08-03-06, 02:12 AM
Nothing?. No insurance?. I'm betting he gets it back, in what condition I dont know. These cars as Rick said can be found at the local pick and pull junk yards. I doubt it went to a chop shop. When the '79 got wrecked I felt bad for him (even though I thought there were too many pictures of the thing everywhere), now I feel real bad though and I hope he at least gets some money from the deal in order to find a replacement.

I will be getting no money at all.... there was no theft coverage.

Night Wolf
08-03-06, 02:32 AM
To many pictures of the thing everywhere? Jesus Christ, what do you want? This is a car site, people come here to show off and talk about cars. When somebody has a car they are proud of, I want to see pics of it, whats wrong with that?

Rick, well this is really a shame, but atleast you were talking about trading it in soon anyway, if you don't get it back what are your plans?

That car is/was never, ever going to ever leave my possession.....ever.

But, something out of my control proved that otherwise.... if it was ever in a wreck or something, I'd rebuild it... but when its totally gone... well... not much I can do there.

Ever since I owned the car... over 3 years... gosh I just did soo much to preserve it forever.... synthetic oil, always put speical stuff on all the rubber gaskets on the doors and trunk etc.... always kept the car clean, when I would be working on it, like when the dash was apart, I lightly engraved my initals on various plastic things knowing that some time in the future I'd be back in there and see it.... soooo many things were replaced on that car, all new suspension and brakes, nearly every engine accessory was rebuilt or replaced, all origanal R-12 A/C worked great.... the brand new Assurance tires.... my sound system I spent 3 years building and finally got it nearly perfect..... I did so much custom work... the digital dash, the car is leveling light, the real wood trim..... gosh the list goes on.

The car was going to never, ever leave me.... Aimee loves that car too and thought it was totally awesome that I wanted to always keep it and we would always be able to drive it in the future. I was going to drive it for a few more years, then when I had the abaility, park it in a garage or something and at some point, restore it up nice, new paint job, rechrome everything, fix up some leather/vinyl rips etc....

Both DeVille's..... gosh.... and nothing to show for either of them now.... except a whole bunch of parts left over, for both cars... still in my apartment to be reminded of every day. The '79.... yeah I could put a dollar value on it.... I could have sold it if I wanted.... tho I now know how awesome of a car it was.... but the Coupe.... gosh, there is no dollar value on that... seriously, even with all its quirks, someone would have had to offer me an absurd amount of money for me to part with it.... rareity, what it stood for, what it ment to me, what it was in general, sentamental value etc.... the list goes on. In the back pocket of the drivers seat is the log book of the car that lists every single thing I did or had done to the car since I bought it... mileage and date stated also.

I am very thankful for what I do have, which is quite a bit.... health, Oldsmobile, apartment, school, great future.... and most of all.... Aimee. But cars are my thing, my hobby, the one materialstic thing I enjoy most. All 3 of my cars kept me out of trouble in High School, and meant/mean alot to me.... but the 2 DeVille's were.... just so me... gosh those ment everything to me..... I got mad at myself for not taking the '79 back even after the accident, but I just didn't have the means to like I would have back home.... and there is still hope for the Coupe... granted some stuff may be missing, but I just want the car back.... things can be replaced and fixed.... but that car itself... the very car I memorized the VIN to a long time ago.... I want....need back.

It's hard to think that in over 3 years of my owning it... 3 years of always keeping it waxed and detailed.... 3 years of parking far away out in the parking lot to never get a door ding.... 3 years of just being picky in general about the car could be erased so fast....

I will keep my eye out for any Coupe.... gosh, any '91-'93 DeVille draws my attention... especailly the Coupes..... there are so many countless ways I can tell my car from any other, even if it was a differnt color and had different wheels etc.... give me literally a minute to go up to it and look at it, and I'll tell you if its my Coupe. Gosh I know that car all too well.

Night Wolf
08-03-06, 02:37 AM
I'll bet dollar to dollar that within a week, Rick will notice a 'white' or 'black' (or whatever color) Coupe Deville where the new paint job isn't quite right and doesn't quite match that Landau top he has. That's when he needs to take note where the car goes and have the police follow and get the car back. I've seen it enough times to know how this sad game works.

Chances are, without gas and all, the car didn't make it very far at all. That's why I would say it's somewhere close. A garage or a pull-in could be the likely area where the car was left. I find it very unlikely that someone would take the car to a gas station to fill up (obvious reasons) should the car have run out; it's a matter of two ass-clown thieves pushing the car out of the light if you understand what I mean and getting gas later for whatever suits their needs for the car.

Give it some time; the car will turn up one way or another, then you can take claim and put this shit to rest.

Thats what I am hoping... that it just shows up.... when my aunts '84 Grand National was stolen, it was 2 weeks before they found it.... stripped tho, and it was a total loss....

What isn't cool is that they had about a whole week head start from when I even filed the report.... so this Sunday is coming up on possibly 2 weeks it's been stolen and 1 week I filed the report.

There must be alot of impound yards... do I just search the yellow pages or soemthing? ask if a '93 Coupe DeVille came in at all?..... local cops aren't very helpful... in one case, the local dept. said they were unable to run the tag to see if anything came up from when it was stolen until when I filed the report, saying it is a federal policy, then I called the Sheriff's office and they had no problem doing it.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
08-03-06, 04:00 AM
I wonder if it was stolen for the stereo system you put in?

Krashed989
08-03-06, 04:18 AM
I wonder if it was overhauled.....

Hey... It could happen....

Frost
08-03-06, 04:57 AM
NW, your detailed post of what you did to that car and the depth of emotion involved in same, brought back to me my own memories of doing things to my own vehicles, and at that level.

When we get into it, I mean REALLY into it, as far as working on these things, of course we will be able to identify our rides. No matter what the bastard might do to disguise it.

It could be a scratch on the upper mantle of the dashboard that you'd planned on fixing but never got around to it. It might be a "nick" on some chrome or stainless steel piece in some small, insignifiant location that draws your eye. And then "BINGO"! You will have found it.

I hope and pray that you get reunited wth it, NW. I had a similar thing happen to one to my rides (right down to the lack of theft insurance) and while mine never returned, the recounting of what you did and how you feel about your's,,,, opened the flood gates of memories for me.

Take care, NW.

Sandy
08-03-06, 10:24 AM
Here is a very good idea.

1) Take out a local newspaper advertisment. Size of 2 inches across by 1 inch up & down. Bold black print on a newspaper white background in whatever the major paper is in your area.

LOOKING TO BUY
1990-1993
CADILLAC DE VILLE
COUPE

just like that above.

Under the word "COUPE"

put

"Mrs. Carlson"
(000)- 000-0000 {Phone Number}

The phone number you use is your
number, and YOU are MR. Carlson, when speaking to any caller !! !!

Make an appointment to go & see the car. 8 outta 10 chance it will be yours.
Suggestion.....
go with a police officer.....
or a group of freinds. DO NOT GO ALONE !! !! !! !!
Group of MALE friends, that would be, BTW

gdwriter
08-03-06, 01:07 PM
Sandy, that's a great idea.

I'll bet Stoney would be willing to go. Good training for the global ass-kicking tour.

http://www.gdwriter.com/images/ethel.jpg

dbdartman
08-03-06, 02:06 PM

1) Take out a local newspaper advertisment. Size of 2 inches across by 1 inch up & down. Bold black print on a newspaper white background in whatever the major paper is in your area.

LOOKING TO BUY
1990-1993
CADILLAC DE VILLE
COUPE

just like that above.

Under the word "COUPE"

put

"Mrs. Carlson"

Another suggestion would be to advertise for PARTS for same car. may I suggest: "hood, fender & door" or: "rear bumper & trunk lid". If you get a "promising lead" then you can always ask if they have more parts available...

Good luck!

Sandy
08-03-06, 02:55 PM
The problem with "Hood, Fender & Trunk Lid" is that they are the same for a Sedan deVille, a Fleetwood Sedan or Fleetwood Coupe.

By saying

CADILLAC DE VILLE
COUPE

You are acting like a NOVICE, as we (and many) would say "Coupe de Ville" BUT, by saying Cadillac De Ville Coupe, one is - ahhh, dimly lit.

Night Wolf
08-03-06, 03:28 PM
I wonder if it was stolen for the stereo system you put in?

Its possible, but unless someone knew what was in it (not many people... since I don't brag about anything or play the music loud when in parking lots etc...) then nobody would know.... the only thing that could be seen from looking in, is the 3 year old Alpine CD player (should have removed the face plate eh?) and maybe the tweeters screwed into the top of the A-pillars.... but thats it.... the speakers in the dash, doors and rear deck were covered by factory grilles, the sub and both amps were in the trunk....

Night Wolf
08-03-06, 03:31 PM
NW, your detailed post of what you did to that car and the depth of emotion involved in same, brought back to me my own memories of doing things to my own vehicles, and at that level.

When we get into it, I mean REALLY into it, as far as working on these things, of course we will be able to identify our rides. No matter what the bastard might do to disguise it.

It could be a scratch on the upper mantle of the dashboard that you'd planned on fixing but never got around to it. It might be a "nick" on some chrome or stainless steel piece in some small, insignifiant location that draws your eye. And then "BINGO"! You will have found it.

I hope and pray that you get reunited wth it, NW. I had a similar thing happen to one to my rides (right down to the lack of theft insurance) and while mine never returned, the recounting of what you did and how you feel about your's,,,, opened the flood gates of memories for me.

Take care, NW.

Yeah, honestly, there are over a hundred ways I could tell thats my car without ever opening a door, or hood.... like you said... certain things nicked or flawed in some way... and gosh, the underbody.... I've been under the car so much, and I'll never forget that.... dents/scrapes, new components etc... If I ever see a Coupe anyway around here, it'll atleast be getting a walk around from me.

Night Wolf
08-03-06, 03:34 PM

LOOKING TO BUY
1990-1993
CADILLAC DE VILLE
COUPE

just like that above.

Under the word "COUPE"

put

"Mrs. Carlson"

The phone number you use is your
number, and YOU are MR. Carlson, when speaking to any caller !! !!

Make an appointment to go & see the car. 8 outta 10 chance it will be yours.
Suggestion.....
go with a police officer.....
or a group of freinds. DO NOT GO ALONE !! !! !! !!

Hmmmm..... not too bad of an idea... more then likely, I'll give it a shot.... right now I am taking anything I can get for finding the car....

illumina
08-03-06, 04:21 PM
My brother's '86 Monte Carlo SS was ripped off some time ago and it resembled this case. It was almost a whole month before the car was recovered by the police, as it was found roughly 10 miles from my brother's home near the Ohio State campus, having no tags or anything. I believe it turned up because it was towed for having no tags, and it wound up in city possesion because it was found on city property.

The thieves had taken the stereo and all, drove the piss out of that car, and blew the engine up. When it was found, the locks weren't even popped; they used a hanger or whatever to open her up, peeled the column, and took off.

Rick, your car will likely be found, but like some of the others said, it might be stripped a little bit. I would expect the need for some cash to make the car right again. Me and my brother put in a used, but working engine, and now we're doing a high performance application to the car.

As for the impound lots, go through them all, and start with the ones fairly close to you. Not many towing companies are going to haul cars excess miles to a lot...

brougham
08-03-06, 06:43 PM
Well I hope wherever it is it's still in good condition and you get it back.

brougham
08-03-06, 06:47 PM
The problem with "Hood, Fender & Trunk Lid" is that they are the same for a Sedan deVille, a Fleetwood Sedan or Fleetwood Coupe.

By saying

CADILLAC DE VILLE
COUPE

You are acting like a NOVICE, as we (and many) would say "Coupe de Ville" BUT, by saying Cadillac De Ville Coupe, one is - ahhh, dimly lit.

But chances are whoever has it doesn't know those parts are the same. No one is going to steal a coupe deville just to resell it.

pimpin88
08-03-06, 06:53 PM
dang rick. only 19 and already lost two of your cars. that coupe was awesome. i hope more than anything for you that it is recovered and you get your baby back. good luck man. and definitely try putting an add in the paper.

just checked ebay. . . .nothing :-(

Jonas McFeely
08-03-06, 09:05 PM
Damn dude,that sucks.I liked your car.I dont think i wopuld be nearly as calm as you are about this.IF my Fleetwood or my new 85 Seville(yes,im back and with a new Caddy,pictures coming soon) was stolen i would go nuts and cry like a little girl who had her barbies taken away.Best of luck man,i really hope you get it back or at least find the spineless bastards who took it.

Sandy
08-03-06, 09:48 PM
Here's yet another idea, but this one will cost ya a few bucks.

Again, a 2" x 2" advertisment in the local major paper.

Leaving for South Dakota in a few days.
Wanting to buy a '90s Caddy to go in
Call: 999-999-9999.

Idea beind this is that they've had their fun with it
and now....where to ditch it......
But Wait, here's a dude willing to pay $$$$ for it,
and get it the F outta here, all the way to So Dakota,
Y*E*S ! They Call, You an 3 Pals go have a look.
If not yours, tell 'em you don't like the color......

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-03-06, 10:16 PM
Damn dude,that sucks.I liked your car.I dont think i wopuld be nearly as calm as you are about this.IF my Fleetwood or my new 85 Seville(yes,im back and with a new Caddy,pictures coming soon) was stolen i would go nuts and cry like a little girl who had her barbies taken away.Best of luck man,i really hope you get it back or at least find the spineless bastards who took it.

Aha! I was wondering where you ran off to!

dbdartman
08-04-06, 10:13 AM
Just remembered a story from a friend who had a van stolen about 20 years ago.

It was gone, he did all the police & insurance things, & was paid off (it was reasonably new) by his ins. Co. He got a new car & the van was forgotten. 18 MONTHS LATER he gets a call from the Trenton police: His van has been recovered! Out of curiosity, he asked where it turned up. Seems the cops found it parked, idling, in the middle of a traffic circle! Turns out the only things missing were his tapes & the 2 FRONT SEATS. :confused:

Just goes to show, anything can happen...

Sandy, I understand that the fenders, hood & trunk are not unique to the coupe, but the doors are. That's why my FIRST thought was to advertise for a fender, door, & hood (looks more like minor accident repair parts). Guess I shouldn't have mentioned the trunk & rear bumper. :duh:

CoupeDevilleRob
08-04-06, 07:34 PM
I don't know how Florida is, but in New York mechanics, auto body shops and junkyards usually cluster together in 2-3 block areas. If my car was jacked I'd be riding around those areas, maybe even get out and kick over a few stones. Be slick though, maybe go into a body shop asking if they know anyone who has an early 90's Caddy because you need parts. Again, I don't know about Florida, but around here all these guys know each other and what they have laying around. I'd try at different times of the day too, maybe go around early in the morning and again in the evening. You have any friends who are cops? The police dept is probably too busy to launch a manhunt for your car, but maybe a cop buddy could steer you to what areas are prone for car dumpings and you could do some searching yourself. If you do decide to do some independent investigating, take a few friends with you and know when a situation gets too hot and when to punch out. Happy hunting.

cadillacdrvr8692
08-04-06, 07:54 PM
That really does suck...that is a nice car man, and sucks that it was not in same place it was left...i couldnt imagine what i would do if mine were to be taken ...and not that i have had a car stolen from me , but from how i think it would feel........very sorry to hear that.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-04-06, 07:57 PM
Dude, you need Clint Eastwood, Chuck Norris and Macgyver to find you the '93. I'm sure they could track it down in no time, and then R Lee Ermey could Skullf**k whoever took it. :p

davesdeville
08-05-06, 07:51 AM
Rick if you find who stole it, the global asskicking tour will be making a stop in your area...

dp102288
08-05-06, 12:49 PM
^^ Hell yes. Everyone one on the board in FL can kick this guy's (or gal's) ass.

Night Wolf
08-05-06, 10:58 PM
Still nothing at all.

Tomorrow marks the possible 2 week date its gone.

gosh....

go from owning 3 cars .... 2 Cadillacs... down to 1 car and no Cadillacs all from the state of FL.... 2 Caddys in 6 months.

I've got the Olds tho.... it is a great car... it has the underbody rust issue from being in NY since 1989... but oh well. Since it's my only car now, and I drive it so often.... I am going to do some things to it... first is get the windows tinted.. gosh this heat is horrible... then I am going to order a set of the plastic vent shades, and I'd like to get some after market 6x9's for it... already have the old Pioneer cd player I bought off ebay for $35, and the front 3.5" Blauphunkt (sp?) speakers.

Today I ordered the power steering return line hose.... its the actual power steering cooler... 50 bucks and its new... mine are badly rusted and its leaking. The front struts were replaced in NY, but now I realize the rear should be replaced too... so those will be getting done int he up coming months...... other then that it's oil changes and gas and see how long she'll go... 133k and no sign of stopping at all.... the 3800 is going to outlive the car.

With all this going on... it's got me thinking about cars.... gosh... I just don't know if I am going to be getting the Coupe back... I want it back.. badly.... but.... gosh. I don't know how much the Olds is willing to go on after college.... I've seen these cars rust out in bad places... preventing it from driving, mine hasn't got there yet.... but I'll have to decide what to get.... right now it seems like it's a matter of money... of course... if limited money, I am thinking 1995 Eldorado ETC.... the mintest one I could find here in old Caddy heaven (around $6k) if for whatever reason I have more funds.... then it's Jeep Wrangler Rubicon time.... tho at around $14k.... I just don't think that will happen just yet... plus, I need another Caddy, and that Eldo is a car that has always gave my Coupe a tough run.... plus, it will be getting harder to find '95 ETC's.... the newer Jeeps have a nearly 10 year lead on them.

gosh I am trying to keep my hopes up.... but every day that passes and its the same thing as the day before.... nothing.... just.... well.... dosn't really help so much.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-05-06, 11:27 PM
wolf , man im still just sick about this ...I found myself chaseing yet another early 90s deville ..im starting to think im not gonna find it ....

one thing tho i did learn from this ...im keeping gladys on full coverage insureance , and im working away at my own anti theft system ...i reaslly didnt think anyone stole cadillacs like ours ....figured they were pretty safe ...

why is it that something bad happens to everyones first car ....and they spend the rest of there life lamenting the loss of the car ...

its unreal , and dude , im always around to talk ....real sorry for ya on this ...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-05-06, 11:57 PM
Rick, for the love of Christ, forget the Jeep and get another Cadillac! You NEED another one! Cadillacs are your thing, I can't picture you driving a Jeep, even though you always liked the Wranglers. I think you should get that ETC you want, but any '93-'95 model, or another '79 deVille. BTW, would you ever consider getting another '91-'93 Coupe deVille or would it be too hard to replace it?

Night Wolf
08-06-06, 02:10 AM
wolf , man im still just sick about this ...I found myself chaseing yet another early 90s deville ..im starting to think im not gonna find it ....

one thing tho i did learn from this ...im keeping gladys on full coverage insureance , and im working away at my own anti theft system ...i reaslly didnt think anyone stole cadillacs like ours ....figured they were pretty safe ...

why is it that something bad happens to everyones first car ....and they spend the rest of there life lamenting the loss of the car ...

its unreal , and dude , im always around to talk ....real sorry for ya on this ...

If you are ever serious about selling Gladys.... well... you know who to go to first.... aint like I don't have the room now.

I try not to think about it.... but sometimes I can't help it. Even with all its quriks, I still love that car and it was never going to leave my possession.

Strange tho.... legally, I still own two Cadillac's.... yet neither of them are here.

Night Wolf
08-06-06, 02:38 AM
Rick, for the love of Christ, forget the Jeep and get another Cadillac! You NEED another one! Cadillacs are your thing, I can't picture you driving a Jeep, even though you always liked the Wranglers. I think you should get that ETC you want, but any '93-'95 model, or another '79 deVille. BTW, would you ever consider getting another '91-'93 Coupe deVille or would it be too hard to replace it?

I want a Jeep, alot.... it's on the list.

For the Eldo, it's 1995 only, and ETC only.... I'd like a factory Astro roof too, tho it dosn't matter... and the colors gotta work... they gotta age well.

'79 DeVille.... eh. When I was in NY there was a '79 a few miles from my house... 67k miles, $900obo... it was a Coupe. Very basic tho, full bench seat (no split) no cruise or delay wipers... repainted... in ok shape... but some rust... I don't do rust.

I don't think I'll get another '79.... I dunno.... I am still getting my mothers '89 Brougham at an unspecified time.... tho that car needs quite a bit of work.

About getting another Coupe... I dunno... I was thinking about that... I came to the conclusion that it would have to be one of the other 119 1993 Coupe DeVille's in Slate Bronze Metallic.... and I would do it. That color made the car. Sure any car can be repainted.... and I don't care if that one would need to be repainted in the future... but i'd want another Slate Bronze Metallic.... wayyy too many things are factory painted that a repaint (from another color) would never look right. Interrior... well, it'd be nice if it was Neutral Shale... although if it was that one color.... taupau? I dunno... I liked it more then mine. I would then go and make that car exactly how my Coupe was... but it would never be the same.... my Coupe had it's own soul.... and lots of memories.... it may look kinda the same but it would never be the same.

Otherwise it'd have to be one really nice '91-'93.... and preferably '93 Coupe.... triple black or something in amazing shape at the right price.... but even then.

I know there is someone on the forums with a '93 Slate Bronze Coupe... I should track him down... gosh it's been like a year since we talked.... see whats going on with that car.

But, in short... no, I am not looking for another '91-'93 Coupe... maybe in the future, but not now.

Actually, my luck with Cadillacs dosn't seem to be that great 0-2 as it is right now.... Hopefully the Olds will hold out.... who knows maybe I'll have to jump ship and become a full time Olds fan... Oldsmobile always held a close 2nd, right behind Cadillac.... maybe an Aurora is next or something.

it sucks..... and unlike the '79 incident where I was in somewhat control, I was there and had decsions to make, and ultimiately knew what happened with the car.... this just sucks... I don't know where the Coupe is, who is doing what, and what shape its in.... and I may never know that.

I do know one thing.... this whole ordeal has brought back some feelings for my '79...... I should have kept the darn thing... gosh... I could have... and rebuilt it..... or something, but atleast I could have had something to show for something.....

I took two complete, total losses.... no money and no cars.... figure each DeVille was worth about $4,000.... the Coupe has 4 brand new Goodyears.... $750 there.... about 2.5k on them... sweet 80k mile tires... I splurged cause I was going to be driving the car a long time.... then my sound system I took so much time and effort to build.... about $2,000 there (wow.... never realized it was that much... spread out across 3 years tho) and all the other work.....

I mean, right there is almost a Jeep, an Eldo, an Aurora, a last gen Riviera etc... basically nearly any of the cars I would really like to get..... but that isn't the case, and I am down to a 1989 Oldsmobile Delta 88 with 133k miles that I paid $500 for nearly 3 years ago.

Yet.... for life in general... I am happy and I have alot to be thankful for... when I was in NY, a medical thing came up..... 8-1 chance it was cancer, and it wasn't.... I decided it ws time to take the Oldsmobile down... now I have a mode of transportation. I have my apartment, and my school, my job, my health.... and most of all.... Aimee.... I am so blessed to have her in my life.... and I really realize whats important... I could spend the time getting really upset with the car, and when I am alone, and think about the car, I do get upset.... but instead when I am with Aimee (nearly any time I am not at school or working) I am just so happy, that I have someone I love so much, and she feels exactly the same way in return..... it puts things into perspective... cause without her.... well... I can't even begin to imagine that. I know if Aimee wasn't in my life when this happened, I would be so much worse off right now... first the '79, then the Coupe..... it would really drag me down.

Sorry for the tangent there.... I am tired and got carried away I guess.

The Coupes keys are still on my key ring.... along with my favorite Cadillac key chain I've had for years.... I want to take them off, but I feel that I may still come across the car and the keys will come in handy.... otherwise the keychain gets lighter (yet again) and I'll have to find an equally cool Oldsmobile keychain or something...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-06-06, 10:11 AM
Rick, I can think of many cool Oldsmobiles that aren't that expensive to buy.
-1990-92 Toronado/ Trofeo
-1988-90 Ninety Eight Touring Sedan
-1991-93 Ninety Eight Touring Sedan
-Cutlass Calais 442, or anything with the HO Quad 4
-1983-87 Hurst Olds/442
-1995-99 Aurora (especially with Autobahn package)
-1991-96 Cutlass Supreme International Series
-1993-98 LSS
-Basically any Toronado, they're all quite cheap.

Ever think about becoming a Lincoln owner? How about a Buick?

Stoneage_Caddy
08-06-06, 01:34 PM
you know wolf ....you should take the Olds home to its people sometime. Oldsmar Florida was founded by Ransom Olds as a place where people from the Oldsmolbile company could come when they retire ....

Night Wolf
08-06-06, 02:44 PM
Rick, I can think of many cool Oldsmobiles that aren't that expensive to buy.
-1990-92 Toronado/ Trofeo
-1988-90 Ninety Eight Touring Sedan
-1991-93 Ninety Eight Touring Sedan
-Cutlass Calais 442, or anything with the HO Quad 4
-1983-87 Hurst Olds/442
-1995-99 Aurora (especially with Autobahn package)
-1991-96 Cutlass Supreme International Series
-1993-98 LSS
-Basically any Toronado, they're all quite cheap.

Ever think about becoming a Lincoln owner? How about a Buick?

I've considered nearly every Olds you listed... I like them all, some more then others... still pondering the idea.

Lincoln has been thought about too... '95-'97 Town Car... I think... the years with the nice front end and newer interrior.... '98+ are still too much money.... the Mark.... eh... I'd rather have an Eldo. I've thought about a last gen Fleetwood... but... I dunno... I'd rather have an Eldo, or a Seville STS.... something about the styling never worked for me.

Buick I've thought about alot... kinda tired of the same ol family sedan thing... which is what a Park Ave is.... although the last gen Riviera is high on my list of favorite cars.... supercharged... I really like the 3800, so if I wanted a normal car with the 3800, it'd be an Intrigue.... I like gen 2 Aurora.... but it would be close between that and a '98+ STS.... But, this is way off in the future... not thinking about it too much, I can drive myself crazy with it.... right now the Eighty Eight is holding out just fine.... even tho it's older, higher mileage and overall not in as good shape.... there are pretty much no little quirks at all with the car.... kinda nice to have everything work as it should and just not worry about it....

Night Wolf
08-06-06, 02:51 PM
you know wolf ....you should take the Olds home to its people sometime. Oldsmar Florida was founded by Ransom Olds as a place where people from the Oldsmolbile company could come when they retire ....

No way!? Mr. Olds actually started up a whole community? Gosh.... nothing but good has came from Oldsmobile.... America's oldest automobile brand....

But... the Olds gets to go to Oldsmar nearly every day.... Aimee's mom lives in Oldsmar.... I never knew that..... gosh, that is really neat.

Also Ransom E. Olds.... I found out that he started up a truck company.... REO.... back in the 50's they made large trucks, at my fathers, they have a late 50's or early 60's REO oil truck that they use to transfer oil from the tanks to the buildings... huge inline-6 gasoline engine.... kinda neat how it is, in turn... an Oldsmobile.

I dunno, there is just this huge feeling around any Oldsmobile for me.... I like Olds for alot of reasons... kinda why if I did get a car next, there is a high chance it's another Oldsmobile..... gen 2 Aurora really, really grabs my attention.... too bad the Northstar wasn't the full 4.6 for more power tho.... that could probably be changed later on in life... still want a Jeep, but they hold their value too well... mean while the Aurora/STS looses their value pretty quick... and they are both quite a bit of car for the money..... even the '95 Eldo's hold their value pretty well....

Stoneage_Caddy
08-06-06, 04:01 PM
you can also go to ormond beach florida , where an olds mobile raced for the first time (and lost , to a winton)....years before the wright brothers could get that airplane to fly at kitty hawk ....

its just north of daytona

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-06-06, 08:09 PM
Rick's it's gotta be very odd to go from owning three cars to owning just one in less than a year. When you fix all the problems on the '89, what are you gonna have to tinker around on? I remember you telling me how much you loved to tinker under the hood of the '79 fixing all it's little things and personalizing it. I think you owe it to your self to get some other car, something with as much personality and class as your '79 had, some sort of detroit iron. Not the detroit plastic made ever since about '85 or so. I remember way back when, when you first got into Florida, you found that red '72 Eldorado Convertible, and you wanted it sooo bad, but you decided not to get it because you didn't have enough space and you already had a '70s Cadillac. Now you have more than enough space and I suppose you would have money saved up, so why not splurge on an older Cadillac, Oldsmobile (or god forbid) a Lincoln? That's what I'd want to do. You already have the daily-driver, now it's time for a "fun car" to replace the '79 and '93!

Just think about it, $5,000 will get you a pretty damn nice '70s Cadillac or Lincoln, and I remember which models you like a lot!
*68-70 Coupe deVille Convertible
*71-72 Eldorado Convertible
*71-73 deVille/ Fleetwood
and although they weren't you favorites, I remember you saying you'd buy a Mark IV if you absolutly had to ;) And I think I remember you saying you liked that '77 Town Car I drove, those are cheap too. Those '80s Town Cars like your grandpa had can be had for nothing too. You'd have to TRY to find one for over $3000! That would be #1 on my list if my Caddy was stolen w/o theft insurance (as it is now! I am changing that this week!)

I plan on buying a collector Cadillac/Lincoln as my next car. Either a '77-78 Eldorado Biarritz or a Mark IV. There's no reason to replace the '92 with another daily driver type car as long as it keeps running fine. But it's been getting a lot of problems lately, and if that keeps up, I may have to replace it.

Oh yeah Rick, before I forget, my family is planning a return trip to Sanibel Island next summer, so the Chadillac will be in Florida yet again, and this time we'll go drinking or something!

Night Wolf
08-07-06, 02:05 AM
you can also go to ormond beach florida , where an olds mobile raced for the first time (and lost , to a winton)....years before the wright brothers could get that airplane to fly at kitty hawk ....

its just north of daytona

Heh... I had the joy of seeing an origanal 1903 Oldsmobile at a car show once... and the guys started it up and ran it.... the whole valve train was exposed and stuff... they said they would drive it around town and stuff.

I mentioned the Olds thing to Aimee's mom, she knew all about it, right behind their house was supposed to be a huge golf course and stuff (now a pond with an excercise trail) and was saying it was going to be really upscale, but the depression kinda stopped that.

Night Wolf
08-07-06, 02:54 AM
Rick's it's gotta be very odd to go from owning three cars to owning just one in less than a year. When you fix all the problems on the '89, what are you gonna have to tinker around on? I remember you telling me how much you loved to tinker under the hood of the '79 fixing all it's little things and personalizing it. I think you owe it to your self to get some other car, something with as much personality and class as your '79 had, some sort of detroit iron. Not the detroit plastic made ever since about '85 or so. I remember way back when, when you first got into Florida, you found that red '72 Eldorado Convertible, and you wanted it sooo bad, but you decided not to get it because you didn't have enough space and you already had a '70s Cadillac. Now you have more than enough space and I suppose you would have money saved up, so why not splurge on an older Cadillac, Oldsmobile (or god forbid) a Lincoln? That's what I'd want to do. You already have the daily-driver, now it's time for a "fun car" to replace the '79 and '93!

Just think about it, $5,000 will get you a pretty damn nice '70s Cadillac or Lincoln, and I remember which models you like a lot!
*68-70 Coupe deVille Convertible
*71-72 Eldorado Convertible
*71-73 deVille/ Fleetwood
and although they weren't you favorites, I remember you saying you'd buy a Mark IV if you absolutly had to ;) And I think I remember you saying you liked that '77 Town Car I drove, those are cheap too. Those '80s Town Cars like your grandpa had can be had for nothing too. You'd have to TRY to find one for over $3000! That would be #1 on my list if my Caddy was stolen w/o theft insurance (as it is now! I am changing that this week!)

I plan on buying a collector Cadillac/Lincoln as my next car. Either a '77-78 Eldorado Biarritz or a Mark IV. There's no reason to replace the '92 with another daily driver type car as long as it keeps running fine. But it's been getting a lot of problems lately, and if that keeps up, I may have to replace it.

Oh yeah Rick, before I forget, my family is planning a return trip to Sanibel Island next summer, so the Chadillac will be in Florida yet again, and this time we'll go drinking or something!

3 cars to 1 in less then 6 months..... 6 more days marks 6 months the '79 is gone.

Rick's got a girlfriend now..... that means NO time at all... the last 6 weeks, the Coupe was the most dirty it's ever been... vaccumed only to remove the sand from the beach.... right now the Olds needs a small handful of work, and I don't even have the time to do that.... and its my only car..... well, these next 2 days I have about an hour and a half in between school and work, that I will not see Aimee, that I can work on the Olds.

I don't have much money at all saved up, thats the issue.... no money to get another car, so it would have to be in the future..... kinda sucks that insurance didn't cover both.... or even one car... it'd me nice to have about 8 grand sitting in the bank right now.

'89.... the Olds or the Brougham? If its the Brougham, then that car has enough issues to keep me busy for years.... but I dunno what the plans are right now with it... it's not going to be a daily driver anymore... not with the Olds here. The problem with a classic car is.... they require alot more attention then a daily driver, I live in an apartment, and have no idea what the future leads, and I will no longer be alone in this endeavour.... a classic just dosn't make sense at this time.

I took pictures of that '72 Eldo, I think the phone number is in one of them... there was another '72 Eldo that I never looked at... then just tonight was a '69 Sedan DeVille at the movie theatre parking lot... drove by us... so I showed Aimee and told her about it (who thinks its so cool that I can tell the different cars and stuff) and she said she really liked it.... not a Corvette... but still cool...... I'd like a '68 DeVille sometime in the future.

Now just isn't the time for another classic. The Olds is doing awesome, and for that I am thankful.... come time that I need a new daily driver.... I'd like to check out cars in the $6k-$7k range.... *IF* I don't get a Jeep (which I still want alot) choices would be Eldo ETC, Aurora or last gen Riveria....

the 1st gen Aurora is starting to grow on me alot... worst part was the tail lights, never liked them.... I saw a silver one for sale on the side of the road... didn't have time to stop and look tho... but they are really nice... I'd like to look up close with one and perhaps drive one..... but gosh the 2nd gen is so nice.. the gauges, the dash, shifter, seats, door panel patterns and stuff

I dunno, it's alot to think about right now... and the goal right now is to still try and get the Coupe back...

Night Wolf
08-07-06, 03:10 AM
1st gen Aurora is still really iffy with me.... but here is a car that I really, really like, alot.... this is a near perfect example of one.... black with tinted windows and chrome wheels.... gosh...

eBay Motors: Buick : Riviera (item 320014160203 end time Aug-09-06 19:30:00 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-BUICK-RIVIERA-LOW-MILES-HEATED-SEATS-STUNNING_W0QQitemZ320014160203QQihZ011QQcategoryZ6 142QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

\Oh yeah Rick, before I forget, my family is planning a return trip to Sanibel Island next summer, so the Chadillac will be in Florida yet again, and this time we'll go drinking or something!

Sanibel island... you'll be passing literally right past me to get there. That is where Ms. Aimee and I, along with her father, step mother and brother all went for 4th of July.... nice plan, typical tourist stuff. It was 500 miles round trip, we took the Coupe there and back.... ah gosh... good times....

Maybe we can meet up at some point or something, that'd be cool.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-07-06, 10:22 AM
That Riviera is dead sexy. I like those Riv's a lot, but the 1st gen Aurora has a much better interior, so it would be a hard decesion between the two of them. The Aurora has the better interior & exterior design, and it's easier to live with on a day to day basis because it's a sedan. But the Riviera has the better drivetrain IMO, and is a lot quicker, with much more aftermarket. Plus, the Riv has those cool guages, plus it's arguably "sexier" because it's a long, low coupe.

I wouldn't even consider a 2nd gen Aurora. The exterior is so ugly IMO, but the interior is quite nice.

As for the vacation in Sanibel, you would have to come down to Sanibel to pick me up because we'd be flying in, and getting a rental car, and I wouldn't be old enough to drive that. So unless I were to drive down in my '92, I wouldnt have a car.

Sandy
08-07-06, 08:21 PM
It's so funny reading here.

I was never very fond of the 1st Gen Aurora, but did back flips over the 2nd Gen. I'd LOVE to own the final year Aurora !! :thumbsup:

77CDV
08-07-06, 10:26 PM
Rick,

I really feel for you, and I remember thinking all the same things you are now when my 77 was stolen back when I was in college. Who would want to steal a (then) 16-year-old Caddy with 150K on the clock and a dying tranny? Would I ever see her again? What ever became of her? (Answers: someone amoral, just for the parts; yes; I really would rather have not known once what was left of her was recovered a year later.) When the time came to look for a replacement, my dad warned me not to be to picky, as I would never find my car out there among the possible choices. He was right, literally and figuratively. Glad to read you've figured that out on your own.

I expect that once you're settled into life, you'll go looking for another 93 coupe, in slate bronze metallic with neutral shale leather interior. You'll find the pull the memory of her exerts on you impossible to resist. No, it won't be the same, but it will, finally, be enough.

I still can't find the words to say how very sorry I am for all the bad car-related luck you've had this year. Fortunately, you've found Ms. Aimee, so on balance I'd say you're ahead. :) Now, you've got to enlist her help fixing up the Olds. That way you can hang out and get the car in shape. Good luck, Rick.

Craig

Night Wolf
08-08-06, 11:55 AM
Rick,

I really feel for you, and I remember thinking all the same things you are now when my 77 was stolen back when I was in college. Who would want to steal a (then) 16-year-old Caddy with 150K on the clock and a dying tranny? Would I ever see her again? What ever became of her? (Answers: someone amoral, just for the parts; yes; I really would rather have not known once what was left of her was recovered a year later.) When the time came to look for a replacement, my dad warned me not to be to picky, as I would never find my car out there among the possible choices. He was right, literally and figuratively. Glad to read you've figured that out on your own.

I expect that once you're settled into life, you'll go looking for another 93 coupe, in slate bronze metallic with neutral shale leather interior. You'll find the pull the memory of her exerts on you impossible to resist. No, it won't be the same, but it will, finally, be enough.

I still can't find the words to say how very sorry I am for all the bad car-related luck you've had this year. Fortunately, you've found Ms. Aimee, so on balance I'd say you're ahead. :) Now, you've got to enlist her help fixing up the Olds. That way you can hang out and get the car in shape. Good luck, Rick.

Craig

You speak of many good points... I remember you said the same too when I lost the '79 in Feb. The part about Aimee is so true tho, I could loose everything, but still have her, and in retrospect, I really wouldn't have lost much. I've waited my whole life for the one, never knowing when that time may be.... then it just happened....

She likes cars alot, she would be there by my side working on things... the problem is finding time to do it.

About the cars... the more I try to like the 1st gen Aurora... it's just not working.... the 2nd gen is still really nice...

but, a car that I *really* like is, the last gen Riviera.... that black one is totally awesome... there is a very high chance a Riv will be my next car.... it'd be between that, or the '95 ETC... and the Eldo has the Cadillac and Eldorado nameplate, and perhaps my favorite interior (dash) layout of any car..... but there is something about the Riv... its such an amazing looking car, and I am very partial to the 3800.... the s/c 3800 performs almost as well as the Northstar stock, throw even 500 bucks at it and it's performing better....

I think in a year form now I am gonna be a Buick owner.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-08-06, 12:10 PM

And me , a Fiero owner ....

Night Wolf
08-08-06, 12:15 PM
So Here is the Olds.... not in bad shape... interior is clean, driveline is solid, if she didn't have the underbody rust thing going on, this car would be mint.... that rust thing is the only possible issue why this car will not go another 100k miles either.

Now that its my only car, I want to kinda fix it up a little... somebody bumped into something with the front bumper on the right side... slightly bent the bumper aorund the turn signal... no big deal, but it pushed it in (the shock thing) and it never came out... been like that since I bought it.... never bothered me, but now it does... so I am gonna spray PB Blaster around the shock, get a cable puller at work, then mount the puller to a tree or something and slowly winch the bumper back out... it should pop out.

The windows are getting tinted, its a must.... now that I had a car with tinted windows, all my cars must be.... keeps it so much cooler, and is just better. I am going to see is sparying the passenger front window motor with PB Blaster helps that, if not, I'll have to replace that... it barely even goes up.... and later down the road I'd like to get 6x9 speakers for the back and *possibly* a 4ch. amp for the in-car speakers.... no sub for now... the sub I built myself that cost about $600 is stolen along with the whole car....

Just a few pictures... the car, the 3800, which, IMO is just about the best engine made and the power steering return line (cooler) that is bad... I have the brand new one in the box in the back seat... just haven't got around to replacing it yet... maybe today tho.

Benzilla
08-08-06, 02:13 PM
Actually, thats not a bad looking car! way better than the last pics I saw of it before the new paint, I say clean it up, get the tint and other stuff, have the little things fixed, and you'll have a nice looking daily that will stick with you through the tough times.

And if somebody steals that one you need to move the hell out of FL!!

Night Wolf
08-08-06, 03:29 PM
yeah, it really is in nice shape, the only thing is the rust... like under the rear seat (above the gas tank area) there is a rot hole, the lower portions of the A pillars are rotted, and the underbody in general is rusty... but in other places is clean.... I have seen it so bad on some cars where the rust/rot actually caused the engine cradel to drop out, mine isn't near that bad.... so its got some years left on it, I am thankful for the car, I like it alot.

Here is the video I made a while back of the car.... its been thru alot... started life as a knock around winter car.... I was kinda hard on it at times too... but it keeps on going.

http://inoventionseast.com/Oldsmobile/Oldsmobile1.wmv

I JB welded the exhaust manifold yesterday.... no more exhaust leak. Some time in the future I want to get the plastic vent visors for it, 45 bucks and I can open the windows in the rain/parking lot, and it really cuts back on wind noise.... these older GM's with the recessed windows all had that problem, they would really cut it back.... the Coupe had it alot too, but they didn't make vent visors for Coupe DeVille's.

Benzilla
08-08-06, 05:06 PM
Now are you talking about the old stainless steel/chrome ones or the clear black plastic ones?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-08-06, 08:43 PM

Hah, so you're working your way DOWN the GM ladder. First A Cadillac, then an Oldsmobile, then a Buick, then after that I suppose a Pontiac (Solstice?) then a Chevy (Silverado?) then god forbid, a Geo.

If I HAD to have a S/C 3800 car, it would be a '97-'99 Riviera. The 95-96's had a lot of bugs they didn't work out yet.

pimpin88
08-08-06, 10:06 PM
Hah, so you're working your way DOWN the GM ladder. First A Cadillac, then an Oldsmobile, then a Buick, then after that I suppose a Pontiac (Solstice?) then a Chevy (Silverado?) then god forbid, a Geo.

If I HAD to have a S/C 3800 car, it would be a '97-'99 Riviera. The 95-96's had a lot of bugs they didn't work out yet.

hey, i drive a geo. they are damn good cars for what they are. :rant2:

Night Wolf
08-09-06, 01:02 AM
Now are you talking about the old stainless steel/chrome ones or the clear black plastic ones?

smoked plastic vent visros.... the steel ones are actually cheaper (for the Olds) but no thanks.

So tonight.... for the first time I owned the Oldsmobile... the fornt bumper is fixed.

I bought a 2 ton cable ratchet from work... parked in front of my apartment, it wasn't long enough to reach the tree tho... so I drive around back to one of those crash poles right before the card reader for the gate, perfect, pull up to it, put it in park and set the parking brake (still really pulled up against the tranny), pull the cable thing out, hook it to the edge of the bumper and to the crash pole, and start winching in... eariler today I soaked the shock absorber (that the bumper is mounted on) in PB Blaster to help it. It took quite a while before anything good happened... just pulled the car up a bit... then the bumper gave a little creek and came out a bit... after cranking away at the puller, the bumper managed to come out in little spurts at a time, until it was finally all the way out.... relased everything, got my stuff and went back to my apartment.

It looks alot better, the front bumper is now even... you can see the overspray lines from when it was painted, but oh well. The passenger side dosn't quite line up as nice as the driver side cause it was hit.. the bumper is ever so slightly tweaked a little.... but it looks alot better.... t was just bothering me before when it was like that.

Anway, I talked with someone i know who knows a good deal about stealing cars... he basically said on that market, a 1993 DeVille is nearly worthless, with a new BMW right next to it, nobody would give the DeVille a second thought, and unless there was a very slim chance that someone wanted that exact same car, then they woudln't bother with it... add to the fact that its in the middle of an apartment complex, and not many of those sort of people would touch it, and if it wasn't some random kids looking for a joyride, in that case most likely recovered from the cops by now..... it had to be someone I know or someone that knew I was gone... or someone that is friends with someone that knows I was gone etc.... but even then... its just a hit and miss, as there is nothing I can do about finding out who it may be...

Zorb750
08-11-06, 04:22 AM
My question is this though...

Not to offend, Rick, but this car is 14 so years old, right? Why would someone steal that? I mean most cars are stolen for parts now, and an early 1990s Cadillac isn't exactly the easiest car to peddle the parts of.

I know of situations where police took away a car (locally) because it matched a car they were looking for, and it was gone until the owner filed stolen car reports, and sat through a couple of sessions of 20 questions with the cops before they finally believed that he had no idea what they were talking about. I will see if I can find the article for that, I usually save the funnier ones from the local papers.

Now, there's also a chance a reposession agency stole it. They have been known to make mistakes and take the wrong car too.

(I'm still on the first page, having issues getting to page 2, it returns a server error. I don't know if this post will fly either...)

Zorb750
08-11-06, 04:55 AM
Here's yet another idea, but this one will cost ya a few bucks.

Again, a 2" x 2" advertisment in the local major paper.

Leaving for South Dakota in a few days.
Wanting to buy a '90s Caddy to go in
Call: 999-999-9999.

Idea beind this is that they've had their fun with it
and now....where to ditch it......
But Wait, here's a dude willing to pay $$$$ for it,
and get it the F outta here, all the way to So Dakota,
Y*E*S ! They Call, You an 3 Pals go have a look.
If not yours, tell 'em you don't like the color......

Another added benefit of these advertisements will be that if whoever stole your car does see these and notices the sudden sharp rise in people aggressively interested in 1990s Cadillacs, the restult could also be in your favor. He may either think "Wow, people are watching these cars" and get rid of it (abandon) or perhaps think that someone is onto him and similarly abandon the car.

Night Wolf
08-11-06, 11:54 AM
Still nothing at all.

Looks like I may never see my Coupe again.

illumina
08-12-06, 11:36 PM
Rick, up here they just had a big crackdown on junkyards buying cars without titles. In other words, they're stolen cars that they get a hold of because of the scrap metal. Check them by going to each one.

STScadillac
08-13-06, 12:09 AM
Still nothing at all.

Looks like I may never see my Coupe again.

Im so sorry man that looks like a pretty sweet car. Hopefully you'll get it back in one piece and not to much damage to it. Good luck.

derrty_deville
08-13-06, 02:37 AM

A Geo isnt the end of the ladder. Daewoo is rock bottom. Worst cars ever. I'll never drive one of those again.

Stay up Rick, After a dark night comes a brighter day. Full coverage next time especially when the sub box costs $600.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-13-06, 10:53 AM
A Geo isnt the end of the ladder. Daewoo is rock bottom. Worst cars ever. I'll never drive one of those again.

Good point. The dealership I work for sold Daewoo's, so we still get a lot of those in for service. They are honestly the worst cars ever. I've never seen one with more than 75k miles on it, they tend to go out with low miles. They were cars that were sold to the customers that had horrible credit, and they have horrible credit for a reason, they have no money. So when their Daewoo needs service, they can't afford to fix it or just don't want to, and that is what kills them. Just last week, we had a 71k mile Lanos hatchback get towed in. The timing belt snapped and it bent the valves and damaged the pistons, and the owner isn't gonna throw down the kind of money needed to fix it. So now it just sits in the back of our lot.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-13-06, 02:24 PM
buy the lanos , and toss a northstar ...in the back ....like a old renault R5 ...

supersonic shitbox

STScadillac
08-13-06, 08:26 PM
buy the lanos , and toss a northstar ...in the back ....like a old renault R5 ...

supersonic shitbox

Thats pretty funny! I saw a fiero with a northstar in it one time.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-13-06, 08:28 PM
Thats pretty funny! I saw a fiero with a northstar in it one time.

Oh yeah, that's been done quite a few times before.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-14-06, 07:35 PM
Oh Rick, I just remembered something... Since your car was stolen, you now have to steal three other cars..just like in that movie "Pay It Forward", but instead of doing good acts, you're committing crimes! :p

derrty_deville
08-14-06, 09:43 PM
Good point. The dealership I work for sold Daewoo's, so we still get a lot of those in for service. They are honestly the worst cars ever. I've never seen one with more than 75k miles on it, they tend to go out with low miles. They were cars that were sold to the customers that had horrible credit, and they have horrible credit for a reason, they have no money. So when their Daewoo needs service, they can't afford to fix it or just don't want to, and that is what kills them. Just last week, we had a 71k mile Lanos hatchback get towed in. The timing belt snapped and it bent the valves and damaged the pistons, and the owner isn't gonna throw down the kind of money needed to fix it. So now it just sits in the back of our lot.

And they top out at 105

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
08-15-06, 03:16 AM
Depressingly they rebaged Daewoo as Chevrolet over here.

Those of us in the know refer to them as Cheveroos.

New cars at your local Chevrolet dealer - Chevrolet UK (http://www.chevrolet.co.uk)

DBA-One
08-15-06, 06:41 PM
They are doing this here as well. The Chevy Avaeo (SP?) It is a very ugly little car.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-15-06, 08:36 PM
The Aveo is built 20x better than the Daewoos ever were, and is half as ugly.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-15-06, 11:57 PM
Funny thing is the Aveo is built by daewoo

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-16-06, 12:21 AM
Funny thing is the Aveo is built by daewoo

Yup, but for what ever reason, it just feels so much better than the Daewoos.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-16-06, 12:49 AM
yup !

DopeStar 156
08-16-06, 03:36 AM
Chevrolet has made it's way into my heart as a personal favorite over the years. I can see myself buying many more over the years as a brand of choice.

CadiJeff
09-01-06, 12:45 AM
Hey Rick has there been any news?

Frost
09-01-06, 08:20 AM
Yeah, CadiJeff,I was thinking the same thing this morning.It's been a while now,,,,,,,,

Night Wolf
09-01-06, 03:38 PM
Not in the least bit.

It's gone, I doubt I'll ever see it again.

That car ment so much to me, no other Cadillac or '93 Coupe DeVille could replace it. Loosing both the '79 and the Coupe within 6 months of each other, 2 cars I really, really liked is not cool at all.... the Oldsmobile gets me around but continues to rust out more and more everyday... I'll be getting the Isuzu Amigo... once Aimee finds a car (the Buick Regal she was gonna get is now sold).... I want something that isn't rusting out, too complicated and always has little quirks that bug me, yet is still a very fun vehicle.... basically a Jeep... they are way too much money, so the Amigo is the closest thing.

As it is now, it's like I don't even want another Caddy.... I dunno.... I still really like Cadillac, but I guess form loosing both cars my mood is just changing.... I am sure sometime in the future I'll get another, and I dunno what the story is with my mothers '89 Brougham, if I was to do anything to that it would be a 500 swap, but that is way in the future.... Even cars like a '95 Eldorado ETC that I really like... its getting to the point now where I am gonna be replacing more things then I'll be driving it.... I've done that once before... the Coupe... EVERYTHING on that car was replaced, fixed, updated etc.... I put all my money into it cause I would have it forever, always using premium stuff etc... and I just don't think I could ever do that with another car again... not to the level that I did the Coupe.... if I got a really nice Buick Riviera like I wanted (but again, too much money) that would have probably came close....

.... but I am done with that for now. The Coupe, despite 13 years and 120k miles, was a new car, I would drive it anywhere and have no problem at all. I just want a vehicle I don't need to worry about... basically the Oldsmobile, but the rust/rot has became an issue.... a big safety issue there... so ontop of a vehicle I don't have to worry about, I want something that isn't going to rot itself out by next year.... so here comes the Isuzu. No power windows that stop working with age (Olds) no auto leveling suspension that has alot of quirks (Coupe) no tilt steering that loosens itself up and needs to be tightened back up with is a big pain ('79 and Olds...twice) none of that.... Only things I wish the Isuzu had that it dosn't are the full instruemnt cluster (with tach, oil press and voltage.... tach is a must tho, especially since its a 5spd... not that I can't drive it, as I have, but I just like it) also cruise control and delay wipers.... all 3 of which I plan to add. I'll be really happy then.

Sorry for the extended post.... I just try not to think of the situation much, when I do tho it really bothers me and makes me think alot... somebody else has my car, that ment to much to me, that I put countless hours into, that I spent so much money on, and that I had so many unforgetable memories in... my first car, I was never, ever going to get rid of it, that way I could be 65 years old, walk out in the garage and say, thats my 1993 Cadillac Coupe DeVille... my first car....

.... I gotta stop thinking about it now...

Benzilla
09-01-06, 05:26 PM
I really think you should try to get your mother's Brougham, its a fullsize Cadillac, exactly what you need. Plus you've known it forever, don't let it get thrown away.

CadillacSTS42005
09-01-06, 05:45 PM
Night
why not check this out
for 3800 and only 84K man thats a killer car!!!
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1717

Florian
09-01-06, 05:55 PM
Night
why not check this out
for 3800 and only 84K man thats a killer car!!!
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1717

Definately pimp-a-licious! :highfive:

F

Benzilla
09-01-06, 06:10 PM
Its weird, I love cloth tops, and I like that body Eldorado. But for some reason I can't stand that car. I really don't know why, maybe its the pics.

CadillacSTS42005
09-01-06, 06:23 PM
i hate cloth tops but not even on ebay will you get that price for that nice of a car...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-01-06, 07:39 PM
I personally think cloth tops on the last gen Eldorados are atroticious. I'd never buy one with the cloth top. No offence to any that own one with the cloth top. See, the last gen Eldorados always seemed quite sporty for a Cadillac, and the cloth top contradicts that in the biggest way. Same thing with the vogues and the E&G grille.

Benzilla
09-01-06, 07:52 PM
Gee thanks...

CadiJeff
09-01-06, 08:05 PM
sorry Rick, not trying to bum you out. I was just hoping you had some good news.

and benzilla I like that look (depending on the color combo) Especially in tripple black w/ gold trim!

CadillacSTS42005
09-01-06, 08:31 PM
I personally think cloth tops on the last gen Eldorados are atroticious. I'd never buy one with the cloth top. No offence to any that own one with the cloth top. See, the last gen Eldorados always seemed quite sporty for a Cadillac, and the cloth top contradicts that in the biggest way. Same thing with the vogues and the E&G grille.

http://i1.tinypic.com/27xntxi.jpg
you dont think THATS sporty????

Benzilla
09-01-06, 09:20 PM
He just said he did. WTF?

CadiJeff
09-02-06, 01:24 AM
I think it's plenty sporty, thats why I drive one, though I think that one could do with out the catera grill

Caddy Man
09-02-06, 09:39 AM
http://i1.tinypic.com/27xntxi.jpg
you dont think THATS sporty????

what are you talking about?? He said he DOES find them sporty...just not with cloth tops and E & G castle grills.

Night Wolf
09-02-06, 02:00 PM
I really think you should try to get your mother's Brougham, its a fullsize Cadillac, exactly what you need. Plus you've known it forever, don't let it get thrown away.

I will be getting it sometime, but it will not be a daily driver and needs too much work for me to start fixing up right now, so it will wait... there is too much going on now to restore a car... and I don't have the money for what I'd like to do.

CadiJeff
09-02-06, 04:16 PM
I will be getting it sometime, but it will not be a daily driver and needs too much work for me to start fixing up right now, so it will wait... there is too much going on now to restore a car... and I don't have the money for what I'd like to do.
built 500 conversion?:D:D:D (evil laughter thunders in the background)

CadillacSTS42005
09-02-06, 05:36 PM
my grille is from E&G

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-02-06, 06:14 PM
Oh your grille is fine. I actually like that one more than the stock one.

When I think of "E&G Grilles", this is what comes to mind:
http://www.usspeedonline.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/1986-0101-94-F.jpg

Now granted, that's on a DeVille, but even on a last gen Eldorado, it's not sporty and definetly not fitting.

Benzilla
09-02-06, 07:10 PM
I like the E&G grilles on 1994-1996 Devilles, 80s caddys, 2000-2005 Devilles, and 1993-1996 Fleetwood Broughams. on every thing else including my Phaeton, I can't stand them.

But there is a really nice '96-ish Eldorado in town that I actually think is quite stunning, listen up:

Frost Beige metallic, deep brown cloth top, original chrome rims with blackwalls, chrome lower rocker moldings, chrome & gold E&G classics grille. I know you people think that sounds ugly or something, but the damn thing glows.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-02-06, 09:13 PM
For me, E&G grilles were always something that the pimps and dealers put on their Cadillacs, which is why they aren't something I like to associate with the fine name of Cadillac. Plus, they were designed to make them look like Rolls Royces, which is sort of like saying "Well I can't afford a Rolls, so this Cadillac is the next best thing." Or it kind of brings down the Cadillac name by posing to be something else.

Benzilla
09-03-06, 12:04 AM
True, but they originaly called them "Classic Cadillac" grilles way before people called them Rolls Royce grilles. Lincoln was the first to rip off Rolls Royce.

STScadillac
09-03-06, 01:10 AM
Ive only seen a few caddys that actually look good with E and G grilles on them. CadillacETC1997's isn't bad looking.

CadiJeff
09-03-06, 03:54 AM
well there are several cateras around here with similar grills, they look ok on that, but it just seems a bit too small for an ETC

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-03-06, 10:41 AM
True, but they originaly called them "Classic Cadillac" grilles way before people called them Rolls Royce grilles. Lincoln was the first to rip off Rolls Royce.

I always thought that if that's what Cadillacs were designed to look like, Cadillac would have done it from the factory like Lincoln did.

Adam
09-03-06, 02:27 PM
But there is a really nice '96-ish Eldorado in town that I actually think is quite stunning, listen up:

Frost Beige metallic, deep brown cloth top, original chrome rims with blackwalls, chrome lower rocker moldings, chrome & gold E&G classics grille. I know you people think that sounds ugly or something, but the damn thing glows.

I'VE SEEN THAT ONE! i seen it a few months ago at the hospital up here! i believe it was the same one... no you know what it had Vogues on it now that i think about it. could have been the same one though... same color cloth top and everything. good possibility though. in any case you are right, its a beauty! i about wrecked when i seen it.

Benzilla
09-03-06, 03:53 PM
The one I know works at Ryans steak house next to Wal*mart in Morristown, I haven't really looed at in in a couple months, it might have vogues by now. I saw it when it was for sale at Rusty Wallace and almost traded my '84 Cutlass for it.

I just don't see how anybody could think that thing is ugly.

Benzilla
09-03-06, 03:56 PM
I always thought that if that's what Cadillacs were designed to look like, Cadillac would have done it from the factory like Lincoln did.
Thats why I hate the one on my '79, it looks out of place, I love how the stock grille flows with the body lines.

I still think it looks good on a few cars though.

cadillacdrvr8692
09-06-06, 01:08 PM
speaking of...does anyone know if they make any other grilles for the 92 sedan? besides the two e&g vertical bar grilles??ive been looking EVeryWHERE