: The devilles headed to the uplostry shop

Stoneage_Caddy
02-09-04, 02:48 PM
hey found a shop to do the upolstry work ont he caddy , to fix the broken down foam in the drivers seat and to replace the leather/vynal on the armrest will cost 160 bucks , that sound ok ? seems very reasonable to me

the guy did one of these :hide: and said the frame seemed to be just fine so thats real cool , the other dude said the frame was busted but this one said it was just the foam was compacted down from 110,000 miles of previos owner fatness

elwesso
02-09-04, 06:41 PM
Sounds like a very good price to me....

Night Wolf
02-09-04, 09:48 PM
I would like to do the same to my '93 CDV this year... the back seat is like new! (gotta love Coupes) but the fronts, especally the drivers is showing some wear... not as much as showing it, but feel, there is a huge differnce if I sit int he front and back etc... so I want to get the front seats re-stuffed, and the foam behind the headliner is cheap and if you touch it, it imprints, so I want to see about fixing that..... There may not be many performance parts for this car, but I am using premium quality everything and keeping her in as best shape and as new as I can.....

Ralph
02-09-04, 10:28 PM
Sounds fair. You got leather seats, right?

Stoneage_Caddy
02-10-04, 01:03 PM
yup , forget the color code for it , he looked it up useing one of cadillacs old leather charts from 1994

you should see the copper leather colored insterts he put in a 04 escalade ext , the craftsmanship is immpecible

AJB2323
02-11-04, 10:26 AM
I need to get my front seats done, the have like white scratch type things on em, not sure what they are. I know they arent paint. And the seats in the front are like wrinkled from wear. I think I might get this done soon. I also need a new carpet in the car, and I need to dynamat the shit out of it.

Elvis
02-11-04, 05:04 PM
Hey Stoney, do you have any "before" pics you can show to compare to the "after?"

$160 sounds real good to me.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-12-04, 12:25 PM
none on me , or at least that show any detail . he redid the armrest in new caddy leather matches up with the original stuff , he left the seat saying if he did only the one planel it wouldnt look right and to wait untillt he whole thing starts to crack , but he did restuff it , and gave me extra lumbar support per my requset , was very nice to have the seat fixed for my hour drive back home from school (i drive 260 miles a week)

onecad
02-17-04, 01:40 PM
i'd like to know what solutions there are for the steering wheel....mine is worn in a few spots right through the leather. Would a new cover for the steering wheel be too costly?
joe

Stoneage_Caddy
02-18-04, 11:25 AM
that im not very sure of , i have a similar issue on my steering wheel , right now im trying to locate a leather reapir kit that i used to sell at pepboys 6 years ago , if i find it i have an idea on how to fix it and ill give it a try and post results

ChiMick
02-18-04, 11:29 AM
Joe: What year leather wheel are you looking for? I found a nice one on eBay that I thought was a reasonable price. It came in the mail yesterday and I was pleased what condition it was in. :dance:

I got lucky and they had the exact colour I needed, but getting a LIGHT wheel and having it dyed DARK is an option I would think????

eBay search tip! Some folks list parts like this: "1990-1993 Cadillac Steering wheel". So if you search for "1991 Cadillac Steering" you will not hit the example auction! In this case it pays to know what years have the same parts as your car and search all the combinations.