: New Here from Michigan.....

crazylegs
07-26-06, 12:29 PM
Is there any local members on this board. I am in Mount Clemens, just curious. My name is Chad and I am 26 years old. I am a parapolegic in a wheelchair from an accident when I was 20 years old. I am not a current Cadillac owner due to a van being more practical for me to get around. However my fiancee is wanting a new vehicle. I use to own an Expedition but passed that vehicle on to my dad. I really want to get an Escalade. Just a little bit about me.

Thanks,
Chad

crazylegs
07-27-06, 03:44 PM
WOW....I am the only one with no replies....I know you can't smell me threw the computer so I am not the stinky kid on the board.
I am just looking for a simple Hello....LOL

Thanks,
Chad

RedGalant2k1
07-27-06, 09:37 PM
Welcome!

Good to see another Michigander!

crazylegs
07-28-06, 07:35 AM
Thanks....where about in Michigan are you?
I joke around a lot is this more of a serious forum?
I am getting a lot of views but no replies....just curious, thanks!

Thanks,
Chad

TSS
07-28-06, 12:41 PM
Relax dude. You only posted 2 days ago, and people harly look at this forum - try posting in one of the vehicle forums (ie. SRX/Escalade/etc). A lot of people, like me, only go to my specific form.

p.s. I am in Lansing and have a 2001 SLS and a 2006 SRX.

crazylegs
07-28-06, 01:09 PM
Sweet....I was just wondering....I see this board has great traffic and just thought I would have had a reply sooner. I was just messing around....I joke about 99.9% of the time. In my situation I have learned not to take life to serious....just take what it throws your way and make the best with it. Do you have any pictures of your rides? Thanks for the advice....LOL

RedGalant2k1
07-28-06, 07:41 PM
Thanks....where about in Michigan are you?
I joke around a lot is this more of a serious forum?
I am getting a lot of views but no replies....just curious, thanks!

Thanks,
Chad

Northville.

I think its much like any other forum, joking is surely allowed with respect to personal issues.

Sweet....I was just wondering....I see this board has great traffic and just thought I would have had a reply sooner. I was just messing around....I joke about 99.9% of the time. In my situation I have learned not to take life to serious....just take what it throws your way and make the best with it. Do you have any pictures of your rides? Thanks for the advice....LOL

I never introduced myself in this forum...hahaha...

My hooptie isn't worth pictures...hahaha.

crazylegs
07-28-06, 09:21 PM
If you need some new wheels for it let me know. It was nice meeting you.

P.S. we have a Free BBQ the second friday of every month starting at 7:00pm if you would like to come. Let me know.
Thanks,
Chad

CADDYBLACK99
08-02-06, 09:29 AM
Hey Crazylegs how the heck are ya!

Sorry for the delay welcoming you, someone is usually around to say hi! I travel a lot in the summer so i'm not here as often. The forum slows a bit duing the summer (although not too much) because of the nice weather. I am are out waxing the Caddy or riding my other two wheels.
Thanks for joining the forum!
:welcome:
Paul

crazylegs
08-02-06, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome....What other two wheels do you own?

Thanks,
Chad

Lord Cadillac
08-02-06, 04:32 PM
Hi Chad! Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up! Oh, and thank you for signing on as an Authorized Vendor! :)

Boombotz
08-03-06, 08:23 AM
:welcome: to the forum!

CADDYBLACK99
08-03-06, 01:20 PM
Its a 93' Tomos moped (...no laughing!):tisk: I use it to commute to work in the nice weather. It was 50cc but I modified it to 70cc with a performance exhaust. Top speed 38-43mph; fastest= 46.5mph. Very scarry, but very fun!
Paul

crazylegs
08-04-06, 02:43 PM
Is that the one you can peddle like a bike too....LOL....my cousin use to have one....that thing was cool!!!

c5 rv
08-05-06, 02:36 PM
Welcome, Chad! I have a wheeler in my family as my wife had a brain injury falling from a horse about 10 years ago. With my help, she can stand and pivot to transfer. Our SRX is the perfect height for easy transfers.

I spent about 6 months in a chair in 2000 after a home accident. I was really glad I had an accessible house built. I'm out of the chair now, but old and slow on some days.

crazylegs
08-06-06, 08:57 AM
Glad to hear you over came your hard times. As dumb as this sounds I actually enjoy being in a wheelchair. Everyday I run....well roll into new challenges. It helps make me a stronger person plus I enjoy being different. It has given me a totally different outlook on life and I know I am blessed to even be alive. It was nice meeting you. Thanks for sharing your experience! Where are you from?

Thanks,
Chad

TSS
08-06-06, 02:35 PM
Reminds me of the sermon at Church today...entitled:

"Making the best of a bad situation."

I can't say I know what you have gone/are going through. But, I hope if I ever do, i have your attitude.

c5 rv
08-06-06, 08:19 PM
We're outside of Howell.

You have a point about life in a chair. I've never shopped so fast as when I went through Wal-Mart in a chair with one of my sons trying to keep up pushing a cart. We had an extra chair in the house when I had my accident and it certainly beat using crutches.

Have you checked out www.wheelchairjunkie.com ? I used to be a regular there, but it's more aimed toward powerchair users. We have enough damage around our house from my wife pushing a manual chair. I don't dare buy her a powerchair.

crazylegs
08-07-06, 02:03 PM
My house has it's battle wounds as well....LMAO...I have never been on that site I will have to check it out....I don't wish my situation on anyone but if anyone ever gets there trust me it is not that bad....LOL....I just remember anytime I am having a hard time is that there is always someone out there who has it worse....If you are up for a drive you should come to Mount Clemens this friday night....we are having a huge FREE BBQ starting at 7:00pm. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,
Chad

UGOTIT
08-07-06, 05:55 PM
Hi Chad how did the mustang run at the track?

crazylegs
08-08-06, 11:25 AM
We only got to make two passes. First pass 8.12@170 then on the second pass we went 8.07@172. We have made a few changes and are hoping to get in the 7's next time out.

Thanks,
Chad