: sent out my pcm for perform reprogram

caddyv8v
07-25-06, 11:14 PM
finally got a chance to send my pcm out for a performance tune. rumor has it is good for 35-40 rwhp by allowing additional boost along with proper tuning. i hope to have it installed by mon or tues, and will report back some some observations and results.

CadillacSTS42005
07-25-06, 11:33 PM
hey man gl im glad to finally hear some pcm upgrades for the N* even if it isnt for the 4.6 w.o forced induction

urbanski
07-26-06, 08:26 AM
interesting
link?

V-Beach
07-26-06, 09:02 AM
Info on the Tuner? Do you know of anybody doing an exhaust for the STS-V?

urbanski
07-26-06, 10:14 AM
i want to know how they cracked the uncrackable N*.

Kadonny
07-26-06, 10:47 AM
I second the exhaust thing.

These cars scream for a Corsa.

slk230mb
07-26-06, 02:37 PM
i want to know how they cracked the uncrackable N*.

:yeah:

caddyv8v
07-26-06, 07:33 PM
ok. here is the link. before you click, i had to pull the pcm, install/flash a new one so the car is not sitting. i work for a caddy dealer, so much easier. gm was not willing to give me my computer code, so we simply got a computer from parts that is serving as a "core" while the shipping/flashing/reshiping occurs. should be back to me mon or tues.

http://westersgarage.eidnet.org/scprice.htm

scroll down and you will see sc caddy 4.4, clay.

Devil_concours
07-27-06, 08:17 AM
eventhough you guys discredit north* as an engine with no aftermarket, it has always been pretty popular amongst other non-cadillac crowds for fiero and dune buggy. Anyways, I remember seeing a turbo kit or two rated at 600+hp pretty far back

slk230mb
07-27-06, 11:29 AM
eventhough you guys discredit north* as an engine with no aftermarket, it has always been pretty popular amongst other non-cadillac crowds for fiero and dune buggy. Anyways, I remember seeing a turbo kit or two rated at 600+hp pretty far back

That is true, but most of those applications use aftermarket engine management computers.

ssstealth
07-27-06, 11:43 PM
Since they are into the programming, do they have a way to change the video/nav functionality to be enable at higher (than 5mph) speeds?

caddyv8v
07-28-06, 08:24 AM
i doubt that has ever occured to a tuner, however, a shop down the street from our dealer has a method to eliminate the lockout of the dvd video once selecting r/n/d.

jmaxwell3
07-28-06, 11:30 PM
Ok a couple of questions... Have the STSV cool ride. Need some additional juice. What was the price to have the PCM re-programmed? Additionally, has anyone seen any chips or programmers being made yet? Would love details on how to add some additional HP, firm up the shift points, improve the traction control, etc.

caddyv8v
07-28-06, 11:58 PM
i may be mistaken, but i recall the tranny having its own 32 bit processor seperate from the engine mgt. i know the tune i am receiving only involves the engine pcm. i wonder if yank has developed any of their convertors for the 6 speed in the sts-v. in my 2000 camaro ss, his 3200 stealth was incredible.

BlownN*
08-02-06, 07:42 PM
How on earth are they going to get additional boost without a hardware change such as a pulley? Sounds fishy.

caddyv8v
08-02-06, 08:40 PM
my understanding is the system allows under certain circumstances between 12-13 lbs of boost max, but bleeds off boost electron. i have heard it rumored that ungoverned, the system stock could allow up to 15lbs max. i was off today, unit should be in from tuner tomorrow, i will report back. no need to raise any flags yet, plus all get to have me as the financial test subject. clay

caddyv8v
08-03-06, 12:30 PM
update just in case the lynch crew is coming together, i spoke to the tuner this am, they have been behind and will be shipping the computer tomorrow. well, look for sometime next week before results are available.

BlownN*
08-03-06, 08:58 PM
I hate to be a wet blanket but I don't think that's how roots-type superchargers work. The bypass valve is more or less open or closed.
Aren't you afraid this will avoid the warranty?
Anyway, good luck and I hope you are satisfied with your purchase.:thumbsup:

IPEAVEY
08-04-06, 08:35 AM
Info on the Tuner? Do you know of anybody doing an exhaust for the STS-V?
DID YOU EVER FIND EXHAUST FOR YOUR STS-V? IM ALSO LOOKING!

V-Beach
08-04-06, 08:26 PM
I contacted Corsa, Magnaflow and Borla, none have any plans to do an exhaust for the STS-V.
I just can't help but wonder what the N* would sound like at idle and WOT.

caddyv8v
08-05-06, 01:22 PM
my situation is very different than most, so warranty is not a factor that will come into play, however, the tune results will be (hopefully) available next week. stay tuned...results will follow. get it...stay tuned...sorry.

urbanski
08-05-06, 01:34 PM
my situation is very different than most, so warranty is not a factor that will come into play, however, the tune results will be (hopefully) available next week. stay tuned...results will follow. get it...stay tuned...sorry.

"different" eh
can i buy her from you when you'e done :D ;)

Dr. Design
08-07-06, 04:15 PM
Hello,
We are working on this. We plan to start testing soon.
Thank you,

DID YOU EVER FIND EXHAUST FOR YOUR STS-V? IM ALSO LOOKING!

caddyv8v
08-11-06, 03:42 PM
got the computer back today, pulled the v in the shop and in 5 minutes it's plug and play...and NO ses light! now for the drive sop dyno only. diffently feels faster in 2nd & 3rd. before, i felt the power fall off in 3rd gear, now it pulls hard in 1, 2 & 3. After all said and done, the upgrade is very well designed, and performs to my expectation. clay

V-Beach
08-11-06, 06:52 PM
Are you going to dyno it?

caddyv8v
08-12-06, 07:27 AM
i would like to, but i doubt i will have the time, but maybe. my drive to and from work is only 6 miles, but on the way home i was able to compare (from sop only) how the car compared in performance from prior to the install. the sensation overall reminds me of how a e55 pulls stock. perhaps not quite as quick, but very close now. bottom line for 495.00, totally worth it. clay.

JHCain
08-22-06, 05:04 PM
i doubt that has ever occured to a tuner, however, a shop down the street from our dealer has a method to eliminate the lockout of the dvd video once selecting r/n/d.

Ok, I'll bite.. Who? How? Can I get it!?

-Jim

caddyv8v
08-23-06, 11:09 AM
sorry, i forgot about that part of the thread. the company is car tunes in atlanta/sandy springs. ask for dak. i don't think this is a do it yourself install part though. clay