: "World Trade Center" The movie...opinions/thoughts please!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-24-06, 11:27 PM
I just saw a commercial for a movie about the events of 9/11. It's coming out August 9th, starring Nicholas Cage. What do you all think of this? Personally, I think it's a bit too soon to make a movie about it, but I see no other problems as long as it's as true to the facts as possible.

gary88
07-24-06, 11:34 PM
Well they already made a movie about flight 93 and people didn't complain, so I guess now isn't a bad time to release a movie about the twin towers. Like you said, as long as they stay true to what happened and don't ruin it with exaggerated Hollywood drama it should be all good.

HITMONEY
07-25-06, 12:26 AM
I didn't go see flight 93 nor will I go see a movie about the Trade Center Towers.
Somehow, I think it is wrong see these events unfold again especially with popcorn in peoples lap sucking on Twizzlers. Just isn't right.

Caddy Man
07-25-06, 03:30 AM
I wasnt a fan of the idea of the movie United 93...I mean what happened on that flight was simply SPECULATION. And to sit there and pass it off as a true story...I thought went too far. None of us were there and we dont know what happened. Yeah sure there are ''phone calls'' saying passengers are taking over the plane, but still its speculation.

70eldo
07-25-06, 05:04 AM
From the previews I would say it's typically exaggerated...

BlackTooth
07-25-06, 06:03 AM
I personaly think it's too soon. I would like to see it made to not profit, but instead to benefit 9/11 related charities, but I doubt that's the case. I wouldn't have picked Oliver Stone to direct it, but I can see Nick Cage will do a decent job.

I am a movie geek/indy film maker, however, so I'm sure I'll end up at it.

Elvis
07-25-06, 09:54 AM
I agree it's too soon.

Twenty years from now they'll make a great movie about it.

Adam
07-25-06, 06:41 PM
im definitely going to see the movie. i do hope that the money goes to the victims but it probably wont. it looks pretty good and i dont know about exaggerated... havent seen it though so who knows.

black93sts
07-25-06, 11:41 PM
I won't see it. I have no interest in giving money to people who are trying to make money off of one of our nation's worst tragedies.

Lord Cadillac
07-26-06, 02:02 AM
I wasnt a fan of the idea of the movie United 93...I mean what happened on that flight was simply SPECULATION. And to sit there and pass it off as a true story...I thought went too far. None of us were there and we dont know what happened. Yeah sure there are ''phone calls'' saying passengers are taking over the plane, but still its speculation.

That's exactly how I feel about the whole thing...

Lord Cadillac
07-26-06, 02:03 AM
I won't see it. I have no interest in giving money to people who are trying to make money off of one of our nation's worst tragedies.

And another good call...