: http://www.chrfab.com/ - Quality? Honest?

scourge
03-29-03, 10:59 AM
http://www.chrfab.com/ - Was doing a search for Northstar tuning options and came upon this site. I don't know this company but this is the place to ask if anyone has. I don't go for the wild chrome look personally. I'm more interested in the internals while keeping the outside of the engine looking stock.

Does anyone know anything about this company? I'm very interested to know about them and I think people here who want some Northstar tuning will be interested as well.

scourge
04-01-03, 04:52 AM
What.....no opinions? :(

scourge
06-18-03, 03:02 AM
Anyone with experience with these high performance engines?

Bigoz
07-07-03, 11:32 PM
Theres a guy in the caddy info .com forum
performance archives who had them port
and polish the heads on his 96 sts he ran 0-60 5.2secs qtr mle 13.9 once i save up ill do the same to my 94sts and probably more

elwesso
07-07-03, 11:59 PM
Sorry Scourge, I missed this thread (somehow :D ).....

I have seen this site before (i was doing an internet search), and from what I can tell, it looks like a reputable place...... But the question remains: is it worth it, will it make a difference.......

Someone has to give it a try :contract: ;)

scourge
07-08-03, 11:21 PM
Sorry Scourge, I missed this thread (somehow :D ).....

I have seen this site before (i was doing an internet search), and from what I can tell, it looks like a reputable place...... But the question remains: is it worth it, will it make a difference.......

That really is the question. I would think that opening up the engine to breathe and getting over 300hp from an "old fart's engine" would make for a nice sleeper.

I would put a NorthStar badge on the back of the car and maybe even on the lower front fenders on each side. The more I think about it, the more I want this car. Imagine taking a Catera drifting! :shocked2: Skilled drifters take out their luxury cars all the time to go drifting....but they have waaaaaaaaaay more skill then I do. Hmmmmmm, drifting Catera.... :burn:

Hmmmm drifting Fleetwood!!!!!!! :lightbulb

elwesso
07-10-03, 01:00 AM
Hmmmmmm, drifting Q45!!! It happens, trust me!!!

scourge
07-10-03, 05:12 AM
Oh, I've seen Cimas drifting so I know its possible in the USA. I would think its possible to drift a Catera. I know I would like to try! :banana:

Devil_concours
07-10-03, 10:43 AM
I can drift in a suburban but drifting in fwd catera doesn't sound like it's going to happened

ps pulling the e-brake around the corner is called powersliding not drifting

Brett
07-10-03, 11:38 AM
Catera is RWD

Devil_concours
07-11-03, 01:31 AM
Catera is RWD

I stand corrected. For some reason I've always thought that catera was a fwd car for some reason.

Katshot
07-11-03, 09:17 AM
Theres a guy in the caddy info .com forum
performance archives who had them port
and polish the heads on his 96 sts he ran 0-60 5.2secs qtr mle 13.9 once i save up ill do the same to my 94sts and probably more

13.9 sec. 1/4 from just ported/polished heads? Somehow I doubt it. If the E/T is true, I'm sure there was more done to it than that.

Bigoz
07-21-03, 01:13 AM
Hard To Believe But True Check Out The Caddy Info .com
Board , The Northstar Performance Section And
I Just Found Out It Was Really A 13.6 1/4

Bigoz
07-21-03, 01:15 AM
Other than that the usual performance exhaust, filter kit
nothing out of the ordinary