79caddy1
07-24-06, 08:03 AM
http://www.tocmp.com/pix/Cadillac/index.html

Boombotz
07-25-06, 09:13 PM
Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

Benzilla
07-26-06, 08:07 AM
Thats really cool, but I wish they had some stuff for later models too.

Johnny Bravo
07-28-06, 12:29 AM
Notice the photo of the 1960, there are some plates under the left tires to angle the car a bit. Sometimes they would load the car with sandbags as well to make them appear low slung and mean.
Sigh... those were the days when they knew how to build them, and sell them.

I saw a commercial for the 2006 DTS last night. They couldn't have made the car look more unattractive if they tried.
The commercial was in monochrome, some awful electronic music played while the car rotatated unnaturally in what looked like an abandoned warehouse. Apparently, abandoned warehouses/factories are hip locations for car commercials these days, I saw a Mustang ad like that too.:bigroll:
Anyway, I didn't know it was a Cadillac ad until they mentioned it at the end.

What is wrong with GM, excactly whom are they trying to appeal to with this crap. Its a wonder they sell as many cars as they do considering the way they advertise them.:cookoo:

codewize
07-29-06, 06:13 PM
Are you looking for anything specific. I have M Media rights and get the full press kit every year. I probably have ALL of the GM marketing material for the last 10 years at least.

If there's something specific you'd like to see I'll take a look.

Thats really cool, but I wish they had some stuff for later models too.

codewize
07-29-06, 06:16 PM
Yup I saw that one too and had the same feelings. All of the recent commercials have been great. That one sucks and makes me hate the car.

Hello advertising dept. You're going off on a tangent. you've got everyone's attention, now lets keep it and sell some cars
:worship:

I saw a commercial for the 2006 DTS last night. They couldn't have made the car look more unattractive if they tried.
The commercial was in monochrome, some awful electronic music played while the car rotatated unnaturally in what looked like an abandoned warehouse. Apparently, abandoned warehouses/factories are hip locations for car commercials these days, I saw a Mustang ad like that too.:bigroll:
Anyway, I didn't know it was a Cadillac ad until they mentioned it at the end.

STS-in-Nottingham
07-29-06, 06:36 PM
Have you noticed the name of the Cadillac Tank? ...M5!!!

Benzilla
07-29-06, 10:24 PM
Are you looking for anything specific. I have M Media rights and get the full press kit every year. I probably have ALL of the GM marketing material for the last 10 years at least.

If there's something specific you'd like to see I'll take a look.
If you have anything from 1977-1992 I want to see it, especially for RWD Coupe Devilles.

also if you could get anything for the '96 Devlles, that would be sweet.

Benzilla
07-29-06, 10:31 PM
Also, I've wondered for a long time, if they put sandbags in the trunks to make the cars look better (which it does) then why didn't they just build them to be lower? people drop them anyway. Why not start out right, it'll handle better too.

codewize
07-30-06, 09:48 AM
Ok give me a few days. I have to look around. Some of this stuff is in local storage.

If you have anything from 1977-1992 I want to see it, especially for RWD Coupe Devilles.

also if you could get anything for the '96 Devlles, that would be sweet.

Benzilla
08-16-06, 11:45 PM
so... no luck?

deville_in
08-26-06, 08:54 AM
.... well .... the photo isn't old (2005) :worship:
... before the freshened up paint job ...