: Texas Holdem' Tournament - My worst beat EVER!

CVP33
07-23-06, 07:47 AM
Played in a city wide tournament last night. We're two hours in and I've built a decent chip stack. I'm dealing so I'm last to act. Great pot and everyone's in. I finally look at my hand and I've got pocket 7's. Not a great hand but a damn good one especially if everyone's "just" calling the blind. Blinds were $100 so I raise to $400. The table folds around to me except for one call. The flop comes: 7, A, 2. Player who calls me goes "all in". Now I can't put this guy on pocket Aces so I quess he's got A,K. I call his "all in" and we turn over our cards. Sure enough he's A,K with a pair of Aces and I'm sitting on a set of 7's. The guy stands up and starts stacking his chips getting ready to push them over to me. The turn card is an Ace. So now I've got a 7 over A's full house and he's got a set of A's. Now you poker players out there have already guessed the river card, another A. He wins with runner, runner making 4 Aces. I handled very well and didn't implode. Oh well, I'll get em' next time

Me = 7,7

Community Cards = 7,2,A,A,A

Opponent = A,K

gary88
07-23-06, 10:44 AM
Now that is one amazing hand! You don't see that happen a lot.

Brett
07-23-06, 11:04 AM
bout 2 months ago...i got pocket 4's on the big blind, no great hand, but nobody raises me so i stay in....flop is 4 4 J....1 guy makes a sizable bet, everyone folds but me, i call him..... turn is Q, he goes all in, I go all in...hes got pocket Q's, so my 4 of a kind to his 3 q's.............and yes, you guessed it, the river was a Q, and my 4 of a kind lost...................i will never forget this hand.

Boombotz
07-23-06, 11:09 AM
bout 2 months ago...i got pocket 4's on the big blind, no great hand, but nobody raises me so i stay in....flop is 4 4 J....1 guy makes a sizable bet, everyone folds but me, i call him..... turn is Q, he goes all in, I go all in...hes got pocket Q's, so my 4 of a kind to his 3 q's.............and yes, you guessed it, the river was a Q, and my 4 of a kind lost...................i will never forget this hand.

Brett,
I'm still waiting to play. :bouncy:

illumina
07-24-06, 02:41 AM
I stopped playing Hold'em when everyone else and their mothers decided they wanted to play. In other words, it's become too watered-down to me...:(

Patrick7997
07-24-06, 02:42 PM
Brett, that has to be the capper..... 4 Queens over 4 4's.... insane....

Heh heh, what can you do.... hard to lay down quads !!!!

Brett
07-24-06, 02:47 PM
Boomer, we got a possible tournament going together for the 12th of August, likely in Land O lakes

Elvis
07-24-06, 03:38 PM
I started playing bridge about the time the Texas Hold 'em craze started. It's a lot more challenging mentally and you don't lose as much money either.

They say bridge is a lot like sex. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.

Boombotz
07-24-06, 07:58 PM
Boomer, we got a possible tournament going together for the 12th of August, likely in Land O lakes

Count me in. PM me the details or if you want I will PM you my phone #.

slk230mb
07-24-06, 10:47 PM
They say bridge is a lot like sex. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.

Hahahaha