: Attention those with yahoo

Stoneage_Caddy
07-22-06, 08:51 PM
My messenger went down ealier today ....I lucked out and was still able to communicate with my date tonight but when i got back home i got to work on figureing out what was going on. I did a little research useing yahoo's "ask a question" feature and found many people with the same issue ...looks like yahoo crashed in such a way that not only did it take out messenger but it took out mail as well ....Yahoo hasnt said anything about it yet so who knows how long it will be .....

Just a heads up to anyone thinking its there computer , dont take a hammer to it yet ....

codewize
07-22-06, 09:43 PM
I have personally been monitoring some pretty aggressive scanning on the NET this week. I looks as though the Internet is 'under attack' if you will with so much port scanning and SPAM spoofing attempts I see servers becoming unavailable regularly for a few seconds or minutes then they return.

My firewall is also dumping about 4 times the normal amount of traffic. It's almost like a global DOS attack but of coure that can't really happen.

Not pretty on my end.

black93sts
07-22-06, 11:14 PM
Yeah, my Yahoo/SBC DSL completely crashed earlier today...

Elvis
07-23-06, 09:08 AM
My Yahoo home page is down today too.

speedyman_2
07-24-06, 10:50 PM
Yahoo went out on me over the weekend. And a little while this morning. Really sucks.

codewize
07-25-06, 02:38 PM
I think an attempt to deploy new Ad servers went south. They have now nix'ed the roll out until 2007.

Stoneage_Caddy
07-25-06, 10:07 PM
test 2 to see if i have posting abilites

once again , we had to do alot of work to undo the damage i did on saturday thinking it was my pc and not yahoo

Boombotz
07-25-06, 10:10 PM
test 2 to see if i have posting abilites

once again , we had to do alot of work to undo the damage i did on saturday thinking it was my pc and not yahoo

We see you loud and clear.

Stoneage_Caddy
07-25-06, 10:15 PM
test 4 to see if im able to "refresh"

Stoneage_Caddy
07-25-06, 10:16 PM
yup , up and running again ...thanks for lookin into it tom ....asked my dad and he figured it out in like 30 seconds