Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  gdwriter 
#1 ·
God, this keyboard sucks.
Anyway, we finally checked into a hotel with Internet access somewhere in Thailand. Its pretty god damn nice, I must say.

Things I've noticed:

--Thanks to heavy economic development, the standard of living is about the same as Spokane WA, and better in some ways (LOL, aim high).

--There's Wifi EVERYWHERE. The PSP really is the ultimate international travel companion. Strangely enough, the hotel we're at doesnt have it, but there's an "Internet room" which apparently is seldom used. There's leftover furniture and a bicycle crammed into this cubicle. I guess vacations arent really for Internetting.

--Everything's cheap. Rampant piracy is AWESOME. Singha beer. FIFTY CENTS A BOTTLE!!!

--Mercedes-Benz and BMW are the only luxury brands here, with a smidgen of Volvo.

--Lots of Nissan Frontiers and Chevy Colorados (they get the diesel version of the Colorado here).

--This little town we're in, the name of which escapes me, is almost identical to Clearwater, FL.

--I saw one Cadillac, but it was on TV. A white 2000-2005 Deville on the news that some Thai government official was stepping out of.

--I have diarrhea. Liquid craps from day one. Its like I stepped off the plane in Bangkok and POW, my bowels started filling with a lakeful of H2O.

I'll post a crapload of pics next week. I mostly photographed the cars. I want to order a massage but can't freaking read Thai. I can very completely understand it, and can barely speak it.

No hookers for me, despite being girlfriendless since winter. :D You can tell the trannies by the hideous gobs of clownface makeup they wear, oh and of course the cock.

On average, women here are much better looking. There's more fatties now though, thanks again to economic growth. I keep seeing ads for Bowflex and Fatty Spas that I didnt see 11 years ago.

Just ordered a burger, pizza, and shrimp cocktail from room service (just had dinner at a local restaurant but I'm curious). We'll see how goobered up it is compared to the proper American version.

'Tis all for now.

See less See more
#3 ·
Jesda said:
God, this keyboard sucks.

--I have diarrhea. Liquid craps from day one. Its like I stepped off the plane in Bangkok and POW, my bowels started filling with a lakeful of H2O.

I'll post a crapload of pics next week.
Please...don't...we don't need to see it. You telling us you have diarrhea is more than enough...

#7 ·
Dateline: Washington, D.C.
The Immigration and Naturalization Service announced today that they are implementing a new plan designed to keep South Eastern Asians from re-immigrating back into the U.S. Departmental Spokes-Officer I.M. Kiddin said, "We are concerned about the number of young Thai, especially those with IBS and other lower intestintal tract discomfort, who re-enter the country after a supposed "vacation". We believe the vacation ruse is merely a poorly designed attempt to find local womenfolk and return them to the United States of America as workers in local convenience stores. Our operatives are currently survelling several suspect characters. Many are in disguise as gender-switching street performers.

#9 ·
We're traveling around the country in a 12-passenger Toyota van. With two seat belts. BUT HEY THERES DVD AND A SUB. I had to endure Van Helsing and Tokyo Drift. Blech. Lack of cleavage from Beckinsale too.

There's Sprint coverage here. I should have brought my phone! Unfortunately, for American and Canadian CDMA PCS phones there's only analog coverage, since the digital network here is GSM.

Asian drivers are freaking insane. Thank goodness back home I'm one of the only ones. :D I wonder if the locals hate how I can completely understand them, but I reply in English, resulting in mass confusion and on-the-fly sign language.

#10 ·
Cool, thanks for keeping in touch.

#11 ·
So Jesda.....you're back in your homeland? :hide: :leaving:

Hahaha just kidding! Asian food does the same thing to me ;)

#14 ·
Jesda said:

this is perfectly normal jesda , ive encounterd it on my of my travels abroad , thats why you should always have immodium ad with you. Ive heard the biggest cause of this is due to the diffrent issues in water. Which as you know is in everything from there canned sodas to that cheap beer your hurting your liver with. Doesnt matter what country you end up in , as soon as you leave north america youll have an issue.

a bout i had in bahrain lasted well over a week. I called it the "Bahrain o ring blowing shits" ....Becuse as soon as you got atop your porcelin throne it blew out with such force youd swear you blew an o ring or ass gasket.

So , medicate now and enjoy your vacation ....

#15 ·
Happened to me in Rio, but not until the second to last day before leaving, and it wasn't horrible...stomach pains and lots (LOTS) of small craps, but that could have just been the ungodly amount of beer you could drink for eleven dollars there coming back to haunt me. :)

#16 ·
Stoneage_Caddy said:
a bout i had in bahrain lasted well over a week. I called it the "Bahrain o ring blowing shits" ....Becuse as soon as you got atop your porcelin throne it blew out with such force youd swear you blew an o ring or ass gasket.
:histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric:

Damn, Stoney, I nearly shit myself laughing over that. "Ass gasket." That's a colorful metaphor I'll definitely remember.
:histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric:

#20 ·
Elvis said:
I'm locking the thread as soon as one of you throws a rod
That's possible?! I didn't know you could lock THAT up!

Jesda, it's a damn good thing you're not in St. Louis right now, they got POUNDED by storms last week.

#22 ·
Elvis said:
I'm sure Jesda would prefer things to be "locked up" as opposed to what he's been experiencing. :bigroll:
Hah yeah, good point.

#23 ·
Hey Jesda, I'm sure it's due to the storms and power outages in St. Louis—and not that you can do much about it from Thailand—but Q45.org is down. I tried uploading pictures from a car show this weekend to my site that's hosted there, and I could not connect to the server. The Web domain appears down as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.