: 95 Infinity Q45, Jesda where you at?

nickc50310
07-21-06, 09:52 AM
SO my girlfriend is in the market for a new ride. She is in the 4000 to 6500 price range. Weve looked at a few different cars thus far. I really wish she would get a mid 90s Eldo but she is refusing! ARG!!! Im open to any ideas on quality reliable cars so let me know of any ideas!

The other night I went and looked at a 95 Infinity Q45 for her. I was VERY impressed! I dont really like the exterior but the interior on these is GORGEOUS! The car has 99k miles and is in great shape. Has a few scratches but nothin major and no rust. The interior is perfect- just a lil wear on the drivers seat. The leather in this car is gorgeous! They are asking 4299 for the car but I plan on offering 3900. Do you guys think this is a good deal? Im assuming Infinity is VERY reliable??!! Are they very pricey to fix if something does break?? I will run a carfax first.

slk230mb
07-21-06, 10:26 AM
He is on vacation outside of the country.

Lord Cadillac
07-21-06, 10:55 AM
Cross-shop the Lexus LS400 of those years as well.. More reliable, better interior - should be around the same price 1994 and under...

Lord Cadillac
07-21-06, 11:02 AM
Why is she against the Eldorado? I loved my 95 ETC...
http://www.80sxchange.com/caddy.htm

Jesda
07-21-06, 11:25 AM
Consider the Eldo.

The 94-95 Q45 (96 loses VVT) is an oustanding luxury value for money, and the most reliable of the "real" Qs. Later years, 97+, are just rebadged Nissan Cimas. The original was developed specifically for the US market (but sold simultaneously in Japan and briefly Australia).

The LS400 from 98 onward is a much quicker, much richer car than the 97+ Q45/Cima. But before the second generation LS400, came around, the Q was the performance king of Japanese luxury cars.

Prices for parts are reasonable if you order from Everythinginfiniti.com. Nissan recently jacked up parts prices though, so they arent as cheap as they once were.

Maintenance costs for the Lexus are higher for all years due to the way parts are installed and priced. Everything is layered one on top of the other, difficult to gain access to. The Q is pretty DIY friendly and logically laid out. 90-93 Qs suffer from plastic chain guide failures and insufficient tranny cooling (my '90 and '92 got new trannies and chains/guides). 94-96 are stone reliable and a damn bit of fun to haul down the left lane.

Wes and I maintain this site: http://www.q45.org/

nickc50310
07-21-06, 12:37 PM
OOOOOOOOOO Jesda replied to my thread from Thailand, I feel special!! Thanks for the response bro! Sounds like this Q45 may be the way to go! She better not be able to beat my CTS in a race or I will cry!

Elvis
07-21-06, 12:42 PM
Jesda's "one night in Bangkok" has turned into a month!