: So I find out my friend has been signed by the Philadelphia Eagles

Blackout
07-21-06, 08:27 AM
Me and this guy on another car forum were talking about who had a better offseason with transactions. He said the Eagles had a better offseason while I said the Cowboys had a better one. So just for S & G's I decided to check out who the Eagles picked up and to my surprise I noticed that they picked up a buddy of mine and signed him to a year contract. I have a feeling that he won't make the team because he is a kicker and with David Akers on the team I just don't see it happening but either way I think it cool for him to even be on the team and now I can't wait for the preseason to start so I can see if they will put him in. BTW his name is EJ Cochrane

Elvis
07-21-06, 09:17 AM
http://www.kffl.com/player/14178/nfl

Considering where he came from, this sounds like an outstanding opportunity. With the right attitude he could end up surprising everybody. For right now at least, he's WAY ahead of a lot of the other kickers who came out this year.

slk230mb
07-21-06, 09:30 AM
There's always the practice squad. But congrats to your friend.

CVP33
07-22-06, 08:49 AM
I hope he negotiated a good deal for himself. It's kind of hard to make ends meet if you make the league minimum of $260,000 per year.

YRS EXP.....................MIN. Salary
......0.........................$260,000
......1.........................$305,000
......2.........................$380,000
......3.........................$455,000
....4-6........................$540,000
....7-9........................$665,000
....10+........................$765,000

Blackout
07-22-06, 10:35 AM
He signed a 1 year deal for $275,000. And either way with the league minimum I would be more then happy to make that much!

CVP33
07-22-06, 10:42 AM
He signed a 1 year deal for $275,000. And either way with the league minimum I would be more then happy to make that much!

But then I couldn't buy a new car every year. :bigroll:

Elvis
07-24-06, 09:10 AM

That's more than just a foot in the door. What they've said is "this kid has a chance to develop." From here on out it's about staying healthy, being on time, and improving.

thebigjimsho
07-24-06, 10:58 AM
There's always the practice squad. But congrats to your friend.Kickers do not go on the practice squad unless there is a strange injury situation.

Patrick7997
07-24-06, 02:57 PM
Just being on a roster is great....

Someone else's kicker will get hurt, some other team will have seen your friend make a big kick in a preseason game, they'll bring him in.... and the rest, as they say, will be history.

Ryan Longwell, late of the Green Bay Packers, was a nobody guy who came from nowhere, and at one time, he was the most accurate kicker in NFL history (minimum 100 attempts).

He was brought in just as "another" kicker to compete with highly touted rookie kicker Brett Conway, who, it turned out, stunk. Enter Ryan Longwell....

So, your friend has a hell of a chance to catch on, either in Philly or somehwere else....

Blackout
07-24-06, 02:59 PM
Well he is one lucky guy to have landed himself with the Eagles. He is a rarity in the NFL being a left footed kicker and he gets to work with the best left footed kicker in the NFL. I'm going up with the g/f on thursday to go and check out the Eagles practice. My buddy said he could get me in to meet the guys after practice was over. I remember when a buddy of mine was going out with Troy Vincent's daughter (another alumni from my high school) and she called us up one night saying how she was bored because her dad had friends over. We asked who was over and she was like, "Oh the usual, Donovan McNabb, Brian Dawkins and Duce Staley. Must be nice!

thebigjimsho
07-24-06, 06:48 PM
Damn! Troy Vincent's daughter? I remember when my Dolphins drafted him...:bighead:

Blackout
07-24-06, 08:14 PM
Damn! Troy Vincent's daughter? I remember when my Dolphins drafted him...:bighead:Yeah. She was pretty hot and my dumb ass friend broke up with her!

illumina
07-24-06, 10:05 PM
Well Blackout, the Cowgirls are gonna go bust as of October 8th :p

I'm goning to try my freakin' hardest to see if I can't get back out to South Philly for that game...