: Seventy five degrees.

Spyder
07-20-06, 01:27 PM
That was the low last night. It'll be 112 today and the news just said it's going to get hotter. I really need to get A/C in my house...and my truck...and a sprinkler or two to run naked through in the yard. That'd be a helluva day off of work. A sprinkler, a Hurricane, a lawnchair. Occassional nekkid jaunts through the water and a good book to read while drying. I think I'm gonna do it. Monday.

gdwriter
07-20-06, 05:19 PM
Spyder, you don't have A/C at home?! Yikes!

It's supposed to be in the 90s here today, low 100s the next couple of days. Usually, summer's are pretty mild in Oregon west of the Cascades, but we have enough hot days that I sprung for central air when my house was built. Probably half of the houses in my neighborhood have it, and many that don't have window units.

Am planning to take Betty to a car show Sunday; it's supposed to be in a park, so I'm hoping I can park in a shady spot. The last show I went to, it got pretty hot on the drive home since Betty's A/C compressor seized last summer. Fortunately, Cruella's A/C is blowing 42º to 45º F. God bless GM air conditioning. That's one thing GM has always done well.

http://www.gdwriter.com/images/ethel.jpg

Elvis
07-20-06, 05:48 PM
I have to go cut grass now.

97 degrees.

DILLIGAF
07-20-06, 05:49 PM
It's fookin hot here in KS too.Where I work,116 in the shop all day,fans are worthless.AC in the house running all day and night,72 blissfull degrees.To bad i'll be out in the heat till bedtime at a baseball game.If we win=worth it!

Boombotz
07-20-06, 06:24 PM
You guys should move to Fl. Its only 94 degrees here and has never hit over 99 degrees here in Tampa. :bouncy:

gdwriter
07-20-06, 06:35 PM
You guys should move to Fl. Its only 94 degrees here and has never hit over 99 degrees here in Tampa. :bouncy:
Yeah, but Florida gets hit by four or five hurricanes every year. :eek:

Spyder
07-20-06, 06:54 PM
Yea...I can handle wind, but houses flying through the air I'll pass up.

I have a swamp cooler, but they're really rather worthless at anything over 90 degrees or so, and its so damned expensive to run I havn't even bothered to run the water hose up to it yet. I just run a fan when I'm home and let the neighbors worry about not looking in my windows when I'm walking around naked. :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-20-06, 06:58 PM
Yeah, but Florida gets hit by four or five hurricanes every year. :eek:

And the humidity is unbearable!

Rolex
07-20-06, 08:44 PM
I have to go cut grass now.

97 degrees.

I've been starting my lawn work after 8pm lately. I tried it in the middle of the day last week and it almost killed me. What's worse is the lawn management company fertilized the yard, and now it needs mowing at least twice a week! :thepan:

Elvis
07-20-06, 09:53 PM
I cut from 6:20 until 8:00. We got some nice cloud cover that made it bearable.

DILLIGAF
07-21-06, 12:13 AM
It's fookin hot here in KS too.Where I work,116 in the shop all day,fans are worthless.AC in the house running all day and night,72 blissfull degrees.To bad i'll be out in the heat till bedtime at a baseball game.If we win=worth it!Crap,baseball done!:crybaby:

70eldo
07-21-06, 02:35 AM
Yesterday we had the hottest day EVER in Hamburg: 102.2F

Frost
07-21-06, 04:13 AM
Well, it's no box of chocolates up here, either = regularly 95+ with the humidity easily cranking it 10 degrees higher than that.

I cut the grass at 8:30am - yes, in the morning. Any gardening has to be finished by 9:30am or it doesn't get done that day. We have 1 window shaker and it's installed in the bedroom window on the 2nd floor. Rated at 12,000 BTUs. With the help of 3 electric fans and the unit pegged at "high",, it cools the house down completely after 48 hours of continuous use. After that, it gets ratchetted down to "low" and the house stays in a livable condition

davesdeville
07-21-06, 05:49 PM
It's 93.5 right now, and got up to 95.9 yesterday... IN MY LIVING ROOM. I don't even want to know how hot it is outside.

gdwriter
07-21-06, 07:01 PM
104º at 4:45 p.m. PDT at home according to The Weather Channel Web site. Should be a nice, comfortable 75º in my house when I walk in the door (programmable thermostat).

God bless you, Willis Carrier (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willis_Haviland_Carrier).

From the introduction to a Time 100 profile (http://www.time.com/time/time100/builder/profile/carrier.html) of Willis Carrier by Molly Ivins:

"Would you like to write about Willis H. Carrier?"

"And who the hell might he be?"

"Man who invented air conditioning."

"A lifelong hero of mine!"

Jesda
07-22-06, 01:45 AM
The power's out back home in St Louis. Mayor Slay is calling for National Guard support to prevent rioting and to help with rescue efforts.

1: I dont have to be there until next week.
2: My house so far isnt affected.
3: Traffic is less congested for now.

WIN! WIN! WIN!

molotovman5000
07-22-06, 05:44 AM
haha try living in Arizona, 112 is normal weather over here we start to worry when it hits the 120's