: I Bought A Bike!!!!!!!!!!

Adam
07-18-06, 06:16 PM
well i have never been much into motorcycles but i do like Ducati's... ok i love Ducati's! well with the way gas is going and everything i needed something that was good on gas and fun to drive... SPORT BIKE! so i got a 2006 Ducati 749 Dark! man this thing is freakin sweet! i dont have any pics guys (sorry). our work camera is busted and my brother's camera is dead and he cant find the charger. i'll get some as soon as possible though! long story short, wedding is canceled (and has been for some time now). Megan's known for a while. i had to pay off a lot of credit cards and now most of them are paid off. i still have like 2 to go and hopefully those will be paid off by January. anyway, no V for me now... kinda sucks but i am happy with my CTS and now i have a new toy! man is this thing ever fun! i get looks all the time in it! damn i love this bike! heres a pic of the bike (not mine but just like it):

Adam
07-18-06, 06:21 PM
oh, i have only had it for a few days now and rode it twice so no good review as of yet. i can say that its super fast and i did like 100 mph like it was nothing (its got 108 hp and only weighs like 400 some lbs.). the ride was real cool and i like the way it handles. my boss doesnt like crotch rockets cause of the way you have to sit but i dont mind, its actually pretty fun.

Spyder
07-18-06, 06:58 PM
Do you have experience on a bike yet? Lots of hours? Congrats on the purchase...

I need a hog...but most likely will never do it. Too many other toys that are first on the list...Hemi's, boats, jet skis, firearms, trailer, etc etc etc...but yes, congrats, for sure!

urbanski
07-18-06, 07:15 PM
:(
i thought you were buying my car :(

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-18-06, 07:21 PM
Congrats! Ducatis are like the super elite sport bikes right?

LittleB
07-18-06, 07:42 PM
Nice! :thumbsup: that bike is HOT!!!!

SoCadillac
07-18-06, 07:58 PM
Please, please, please take riding courses. They can mean the difference between life and death, and you'll learn many things about riding. As you become more proficient do some track days, so you can hone your control in a closed environment where instructors can watch how you ride and teach you how to ride better. Today's 750s are as much a missile as the liter bikes and getting into a serious trouble is just a throttle twist away. If this is your first motorcycle it is not only a seriously fast bike, but one that demands a lot of its rider; Ducs are just that way.

Adam
07-18-06, 08:52 PM
Please, please, please take riding courses. They can mean the difference between life and death, and you'll learn many things about riding. As you become more proficient do some track days, so you can hone your control in a closed environment where instructors can watch how you ride and teach you how to ride better. Today's 750s are as much a missile as the liter bikes and getting into a serious trouble is just a throttle twist away. If this is your first motorcycle it is not only a seriously fast bike, but one that demands a lot of its rider; Ducs are just that way.

ive got a little experience but not much. infortunately there are no classes around here... none that i have found anyway. oh and believe me i havent drove it too crazy. i did do a straight stretch and hit 100 and my balls crawled up inside of me and got scared so i backed it down. haha. i have liked Ducati's since i can remember and have always wanted one (since i was in like 5th grade). i have a cool bike. no what i have been driving though has been doing the speed limit and the interstate (most of my driving). i have drove a few bikes in the past (not mine but belonged to friends) so i do have some experience. had to get my licence changed and take a test but no big deal. no i work at a hospital guys and i see what comes in on motorcycle accidents. i am well aware of what can and does happen. im no idiot. i have seen heads caved in... heads stuck in helmets detatched from the body... you name it i have seen it.

Nice! :thumbsup: that bike is HOT!!!!

thanks babe! this thing is a pu$$y magnet let me tell ya!

:(
i thought you were buying my car :(

but you've wrecked it... haha. no, no V for me :( maybe one day!

Do you have experience on a bike yet? Lots of hours? Congrats on the purchase...

I need a hog...but most likely will never do it. Too many other toys that are first on the list...Hemi's, boats, jet skis, firearms, trailer, etc etc etc...but yes, congrats, for sure!

thanks bro! little experience but yeah enough. i love this thing!

Adam
07-18-06, 09:00 PM
Congrats! Ducatis are like the super elite sport bikes right?

YUP! Super Bike bro! damn i love it!

EcSTSatic
07-18-06, 09:23 PM
[/font]
ive got a little experience but not much. infortunately there are no classes around here... none that i have found anyway. oh and believe me i havent drove it too crazy. i did do a straight stretch and hit 100 and my balls crawled up inside of me and got scared so i backed it down. haha. i have liked Ducati's since i can remember and have always wanted one (since i was in like 5th grade). i have a cool bike. no what i have been driving though has been doing the speed limit and the interstate (most of my driving). i have drove a few bikes in the past (not mine but belonged to friends) so i do have some experience. had to get my licence changed and take a test but no big deal. no i work at a hospital guys and i see what comes in on motorcycle accidents. i am well aware of what can and does happen. im no idiot. i have seen heads caved in... heads stuck in helmets detatched from the body... you name it i have seen it.

So please tell me you ride with a helmet!

Congrats BTW. I prefer the classic British rides like Triumph, BSA and Norton but that Ducati looks great!

SpeedyArizona
07-18-06, 09:39 PM
Nice bike Adam, I was never one for sportbikes but.....well I guess I'm still not. I'm glad you like it:thumbsup: , it isn't my cup of tea though. I can't argue that Ducati's aren't king of the sportbikes...

But now since you brought up the topic, I should get a bike:D. The '07 Harley Davidsons have a Twin Cam 96 and a 6 speed:highfive: ! I stopped to look at a few new '07's on Monday afternoon (a couple Dyna's and 1 or 2 Softails). I love this new Screamin' Eagle Road King but for $30,000, it isn't going to happen:tisk: .

Again, nice bike:thumbsup: !

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-18-06, 11:33 PM
Alright so lemme just say this, one of my best friends is NUTS about bikes. Sport bikes to him are like Cadillacs to us. Anyways, he's planning on getting an R6 next spring.
So tonight when we're out driving around, we get behind this blue R6, and we're doing about 45 or so, and this guy on the bike drops it into 1st and goes WOT. He does a wheelie then goes up to about 75 or so.. in all of 5 seconds. THEN we get next to him at a light. He goes WOT again and winds it all the way up again and gets the wheel to lift off at the shift.

How cool/ ironic is that?!

kali_cts03
07-19-06, 01:59 AM
Congratz lowlow!!! :thumbsup:
Make sure to get them pics up when you get some....

I'm also looking to pick up a bike soon, only like a 500 - nothing bigger then that for now..... already have a dirt-bike so figured I get a street one as well!!!

Speaking about bikes, I'm going to the Leguna Seca this week / weekend for the motorcycle races!!! :)

ewill3rd
07-19-06, 07:12 AM
http://www.msf-usa.org/

Check it out for rider training.
As a very experienced rider myself and a graduate of one of the MSF courses, I'd say you are almost nuts to ride without some sort of training, especially a Ducati as nice as that one.
I'd almost say my dream bike is a ducati too, and there is a dealer just up the road from my house!

I have never found anything that makes me happy as motorcycling.... I wish I had more time to do it.

Adam
07-19-06, 07:28 PM
So please tell me you ride with a helmet!

Congrats BTW. I prefer the classic British rides like Triumph, BSA and Norton but that Ducati looks great!

oh yes i ride with a helmet... im no fool. like i said, i have seen what happens to people with and without helmets. i dont ride like an idiot. plus i know that this bike is very powerful and i respect that. thanks bro!

Adam
07-19-06, 07:31 PM
Nice bike Adam, I was never one for sportbikes but.....well I guess I'm still not. I'm glad you like it:thumbsup: , it isn't my cup of tea though. I can't argue that Ducati's aren't king of the sportbikes...

But now since you brought up the topic, I should get a bike:D. The '07 Harley Davidsons have a Twin Cam 96 and a 6 speed:highfive: ! I stopped to look at a few new '07's on Monday afternoon (a couple Dyna's and 1 or 2 Softails). I love this new Screamin' Eagle Road King but for $30,000, it isn't going to happen:tisk: .

Again, nice bike:thumbsup: !

oh lord i hope you arent married cause if so youre wife is gonna kill me. good luck bro, hope you get one! ive never been one for Harley's. they are nice and a few guys i work with have them, but i am more for... well Ducati's. not much into bikes save for these. everyone told me i should have got like a honda or a suzuki to start out with... sorry dont like those, im in love with Ducati's and thats what im gonna ride!

Adam
07-19-06, 07:32 PM
http://www.msf-usa.org/

Check it out for rider training.
As a very experienced rider myself and a graduate of one of the MSF courses, I'd say you are almost nuts to ride without some sort of training, especially a Ducati as nice as that one.
I'd almost say my dream bike is a ducati too, and there is a dealer just up the road from my house!

I have never found anything that makes me happy as motorcycling.... I wish I had more time to do it.

thanks bro! they do have one in Kingsport at South so i am gonna check it out. THANKS!

Adam
07-19-06, 07:34 PM
Congratz lowlow!!! :thumbsup:
Make sure to get them pics up when you get some....

I'm also looking to pick up a bike soon, only like a 500 - nothing bigger then that for now..... already have a dirt-bike so figured I get a street one as well!!!

Speaking about bikes, I'm going to the Leguna Seca this week / weekend for the motorcycle races!!! :)

thanks brother! yeah i'll get them pics as soon as possible. after i work the race this year i am gonna try and get a digital camera and get some pics of it... oh damn the race is just a month and a few days off... ya'll arent gonna hear from me for a while. ill be workin 12-16 hour days for about 7 days straight.

ewill3rd
07-19-06, 08:38 PM
It's one of the most amazing experiences.... but it can be the most lethal.

I have an R6, it's an old 2000 but it's in primo shape. I have put almost 10,000 on it but I don't ride nearly as much as I used to.
I had two bikes before this one, both Yamahas and this one is amazing compared to those. I have heard the new R6 is even more amazing than the one I own but you really have to ride it to ride it... if you know what I mean.

I have never been a chrome and gears kind of guy, I like the sleek clean look of a sport bike, always have since they really slammed onto the scene back in the mid 80's. My first bike was actually one of the first full fairing sport bikes and named "best handling bike you can buy" for the year it came out.
It was a bit under powered, and air cooled but it taught me some valuable lessons about riding... as in how NOT to! Fortunately I only got a few bruises but it could have been a lot worse.

My number 1 piece of advice is take an MSF course.
Number 2, think of the dumbest thing the guy in front of you can do and expect him to do it, because he's going to!
Number 3, always wear a full compliment of safety gear. Jacket, gloves, helmet and boots are a must have. Good pants would be good too but I haven't found a pair of those that I relaly like so I can't really say much.

Don't learn to respect the bike the hard way (like I did). Modern bikes are more powerful and handle better than anything that was on the market when I bought my first bike. Technology has lept forward at an incredible pace, particularly tires.
There used to be a huge gap between DOT street tires and racing tires.. now it's not really so anymore. In fact many racing events have to be on DOT rubber that you or I can buy at the store!
My main point would be, you could easily over ride your abilities and put yourself in a situation that the bike can handle, but you can't. Know your limits and no matter how much people tell you to pop wheelies and do cool stuff, don't do it until you are 110% sure you can.

Now that my sermon is over... I expect to see pictures!
On a personal note... join the AMA, tell them I sent you... I'll PM you my member number if you want... that way I get 10 bucks off my next renewal!! LOL
Next if you are going to ride sport, you must subscribe to sport rider magazine. It's incredible! It has lots of tech articles and good riding tips in the back of every issue.

Enjoy!

SpeedyArizona
07-19-06, 08:53 PM
oh lord i hope you arent married cause if so youre wife is gonna kill me. good luck bro, hope you get one! ive never been one for Harley's. they are nice and a few guys i work with have them, but i am more for... well Ducati's. not much into bikes save for these. everyone told me i should have got like a honda or a suzuki to start out with... sorry dont like those, im in love with Ducati's and thats what im gonna ride!

Not married, nobody can tell me how I can and cannot spend the money I earn:D. I used to ride when I was in my teens but after college I never got the urge until recently.

And I've also had people say "Get a Honda or Victory for $10,000 less", sorry don't want one. I'm not going to have someone else tell ME how to spend MY money:want: .

Ducati's are the Cadillac of sport bikes:thumbsup: . I would've been disappointed if you would've bought a Suzuki:D!

ewill3rd
07-19-06, 09:13 PM
There are some other really good brands, but you don't hear much from them.
Aprilia makes some nice bikes for big $$$
Bimota used to make some really nice machines too.
Not sure if they are still around.
Seems like the Italians really know how to make nice bikes.

The japanese know how to make decent bikes that are more affordable.

Adam
07-20-06, 05:35 PM
oh yeah i agree. no i dont go and dick around on it and race people of pop wheelies for that matter. i like this bike too much and i dont want to mess it up (not even the slightest chance). i believe i'll check out one of those riding classes. and like i said, i will get pics as soon as i can. my brother lost his charger and we have no idea where he put it. and we arent getting a new one at work... atleast not til the new budget comes out and Lord knows if we will then. yeah i'll check out that AMA thing and feel free to pm me your number. it doesnt cost money does it?

It's one of the most amazing experiences.... but it can be the most lethal.

I have an R6, it's an old 2000 but it's in primo shape. I have put almost 10,000 on it but I don't ride nearly as much as I used to.
I had two bikes before this one, both Yamahas and this one is amazing compared to those. I have heard the new R6 is even more amazing than the one I own but you really have to ride it to ride it... if you know what I mean.

I have never been a chrome and gears kind of guy, I like the sleek clean look of a sport bike, always have since they really slammed onto the scene back in the mid 80's. My first bike was actually one of the first full fairing sport bikes and named "best handling bike you can buy" for the year it came out.
It was a bit under powered, and air cooled but it taught me some valuable lessons about riding... as in how NOT to! Fortunately I only got a few bruises but it could have been a lot worse.

My number 1 piece of advice is take an MSF course.
Number 2, think of the dumbest thing the guy in front of you can do and expect him to do it, because he's going to!
Number 3, always wear a full compliment of safety gear. Jacket, gloves, helmet and boots are a must have. Good pants would be good too but I haven't found a pair of those that I relaly like so I can't really say much.

Don't learn to respect the bike the hard way (like I did). Modern bikes are more powerful and handle better than anything that was on the market when I bought my first bike. Technology has lept forward at an incredible pace, particularly tires.
There used to be a huge gap between DOT street tires and racing tires.. now it's not really so anymore. In fact many racing events have to be on DOT rubber that you or I can buy at the store!
My main point would be, you could easily over ride your abilities and put yourself in a situation that the bike can handle, but you can't. Know your limits and no matter how much people tell you to pop wheelies and do cool stuff, don't do it until you are 110% sure you can.

Now that my sermon is over... I expect to see pictures!
On a personal note... join the AMA, tell them I sent you... I'll PM you my member number if you want... that way I get 10 bucks off my next renewal!! LOL
Next if you are going to ride sport, you must subscribe to sport rider magazine. It's incredible! It has lots of tech articles and good riding tips in the back of every issue.

Enjoy!

Adam
07-20-06, 05:40 PM
Not married, nobody can tell me how I can and cannot spend the money I earn:D. I used to ride when I was in my teens but after college I never got the urge until recently.

And I've also had people say "Get a Honda or Victory for $10,000 less", sorry don't want one. I'm not going to have someone else tell ME how to spend MY money:want: .

Ducati's are the Cadillac of sport bikes:thumbsup: . I would've been disappointed if you would've bought a Suzuki:D!

oh ok good. i was afraid a crazed woman would be coming to my door with a gun. yeah my boss has a Suzuki. he loves it. i call them so sucky...

yeah i have heard it a lot but those people are just jealous cause i have the Ferrari of sport bikes. i was like why buy a peice of crap? besides i have been set on a Ducati since i can remember.

SoCadillac
07-20-06, 06:45 PM
Bimota used to make some really nice machines too.
Bimota resurfaced, but your wallet had better be thick, very thick (I love the TESI 2D):

http://www.bimota.it/

ewill3rd
07-21-06, 06:32 AM
The AMA's website is www.amadirectlink.com
There is a fee to join, it helps pay for legal fees for the AMA lawyers to fight anti-motorcycle legislation and help members with lawsuits from death or injury against negligent drivers. You can find lots more info at their webstie.
You get a magazine every other month chock full of articles and event listings and a pin (for those who like pins) for every year of membership.
I think mine is $39 a year. A small price to pay when you read what they do with the money.

I don't guess it's any harm to post my member number.
For anyone interested in joining, tell them I told you about it.
My number is 353190
If they ask you anymore than that, I'll gladly add info.

I am sure Bimota has been making bikes, I just haven't been paying attention and yes, I know how expensive they are. They are big money.
I haven't seen one for quite some time.