: Might be getting this Escalade...

Lord Cadillac
07-17-06, 11:46 PM
Hey. I might actually be back in a Cadillac again. After selling the DTS, I've been waiting for the right vehicle.. This could be it.. There's more pictures of it here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/79934-2003-cadillac-escalade-esv-weak-brakes.html.. Hopefully it'll look like this soon...

LittleB
07-17-06, 11:49 PM
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck! It's very nice :D :thumbsup:

Elvis
07-18-06, 09:01 AM
Do it, Sal!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-18-06, 09:13 AM
Oh hell, even the leader of this group is going to the dark side! :sneaky:

If you like it then get it!

Lord Cadillac
07-18-06, 10:46 AM
Do it, Sal!

I know you want me to get the Tony Soprano-mobile.. You've mentioned it before. :p There's also a 2004 Escalade ESV in white diamond a little south of me.. If this one doesn't work out, maybe we'll look into that one...

Lord Cadillac
07-18-06, 10:46 AM
Hey. What do you mean "dark side"? :p

Elvis
07-18-06, 10:53 AM
I know you want me to get the Tony Soprano-mobile.. You've mentioned it before. :p There's also a 2004 Escalade ESV in white diamond a little south of me.. If this one doesn't work out, maybe we'll look into that one...

He's had both. :D

Be sure to disable that OnStar sh**. You don't want agent Harris tracking your movements.

It's definitely a good look for you, Sal. Maybe it could be a tax writeoff for you? And the comfort is surpassed only by the Fleetwood you got rid of.

(I would prefer white diamond if that's an option.) ;)

Good luck!

Lord Cadillac
07-18-06, 11:28 AM
Tax write-off? How? I don't drive my vehicle for any business purposes.. However, I do plan on advertising this site on it.. Then again, this site isn't a business...

Yeah, if the Escalade had a bench seat option, it would be as comfortable as the Fleetwood.. I can't believe the Fleetwood was about 4 inches longer than the ESV!

Boombotz
07-18-06, 12:01 PM
Here in Fl we also get to claim the sales tax as none taxable income.
I know it help me when I purchased my Lade and F-150.

Elvis
07-18-06, 03:26 PM
Tax write-off? How? I don't drive my vehicle for any business purposes.. However, I do plan on advertising this site on it.. Then again, this site isn't a business...

If somebody has offered to buy this site from you, I would think that you could claim it was a business.

There was a tax break on SUV's used for business purposes but I don't recall if you had to buy a new one or not. And I don't know if it's still in effect.

Get it anyway!

The Fleetwood was 2" too long to fit in my garage, and that's one of the reasons I didn't buy it. I could take those little bumper things off but I still couldn't walk around it with the door closed. The Suburban/Yukon XL was about the same. The Expedition fits but only allows about a foot, so it stays outside.

The thing I like about the new SUV's is that they've fixed the floaty suspension. As big and heavy as they are you still feel like you're in control. That's the main reason I didn't buy that Fleetwood three years ago.

Lord Cadillac
07-18-06, 05:17 PM
Not happening. More later. :(

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-18-06, 07:25 PM
Hey. What do you mean "dark side"? :p

I mean he's gonna buy the one Cadillac that isn't a "true" Cadillac (to me anyways). Meaning it shares a chassis with other GM vehicles. Plus, I don't personally like SUV's, but that's my opinion and shouldn't matter when you buy a vehicle.

I believe the leader ("King") of a Cadillac enthusiast group should buy the "king" of Cadillacs....the Fleetwood. :)

Lord Cadillac
07-19-06, 09:26 AM
Wait a minute. Doesn't the Fleetwood share a chassis with other GM vehicles? Yeah, I love the Fleetwood, though. If it could only be updated a bit.. It's just a little too "old" for me. I'm technology-happy so I need the new bells and whistles...

Lord Cadillac
07-19-06, 09:27 AM
Here in Fl we also get to claim the sales tax as none taxable income.
I know it help me when I purchased my Lade and F-150.

So if I buy a new car I can claim the sales tax as non-taxable income for the year?

Lord Cadillac
07-19-06, 09:28 AM
Ah. Taxes complicate my life as it is. I don't know if I could get this site involved.. I'd probably earn some money back at the end of the year but with my luck, I'd screw something up and get audited and create a big mess for myself..

As for the Fleetwood and it's floaty ride, I got used to that really quick. I didn't even notice it after awhile.. I loved that car...

If somebody has offered to buy this site from you, I would think that you could claim it was a business.

There was a tax break on SUV's used for business purposes but I don't recall if you had to buy a new one or not. And I don't know if it's still in effect.

Get it anyway!

The Fleetwood was 2" too long to fit in my garage, and that's one of the reasons I didn't buy it. I could take those little bumper things off but I still couldn't walk around it with the door closed. The Suburban/Yukon XL was about the same. The Expedition fits but only allows about a foot, so it stays outside.

The thing I like about the new SUV's is that they've fixed the floaty suspension. As big and heavy as they are you still feel like you're in control. That's the main reason I didn't buy that Fleetwood three years ago.

Boombotz
07-19-06, 05:22 PM
So if I buy a new car I can claim the sales tax as non-taxable income for the year?

The last 2 years here in FL we were able too. They have not made the annoucement yet. I don't know if it is going to happen this year, it should of been said already.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-19-06, 07:49 PM
Wait a minute. Doesn't the Fleetwood share a chassis with other GM vehicles?

Sort of. The Roadmaster/ Caprice/ Impy SS and Custom Cruiser all had the 115.8" wheelbase, but the Brougham and the FWB had the 121.5" wheelbase, which is different to me.

96Fleetwood
07-19-06, 09:23 PM
Sort of. The Roadmaster/ Caprice/ Impy SS and Custom Cruiser all had the 115.8" wheelbase, but the Brougham and the FWB had the 121.5" wheelbase, which is different to me.

Yep, the Fleetwood is a "D" body while the others were "B" bodies :thumbsup:

Lord Cadillac
07-20-06, 01:34 AM
Well rest assured if there was a Fleetwood made in the 2000s, that's what I'd be looking for. As long as it was as big as the Town Car or larger...