: It's time to start thinking about a GP

the Sandman
03-28-03, 08:25 PM
CadillacForums is growing rapidly, and I think we are nearing the point where we can take advantage of our numbers to get some good deals going.

It's time to start thinking about a GP. :grouphug:

BeelzeBob
03-28-03, 09:10 PM
So what's the most common part or thing needed? I guess that's the first step in getting this started. Right?

elwesso
03-28-03, 09:25 PM
I would say getting a TechII and then letting the board use it.

Over at NICO, they have been thinking of getting a consult (similar to a techII except for Qs), and having one of the moderators be in charge of it, and then charging each person like $20 to use it. Then they would send it to the next person. I think that it would be a step in the right direction. We could compile a detailed document on how to operate the tech.

jerseyMan
04-02-03, 11:52 AM
Not sure what you guys are talking about. What's a "GP"? And, what is a TechII ?

elwesso
04-02-03, 03:25 PM
a tech II is a device that can read codes, and semi reprogram the computer. But, they are 1200 or so to buy, so mostly only dealers have them. And most dealer charge you to have their techs to use them. I have heard that the TechII isnt something that you can just pick up and use, it takes up a lot of knowhow.

GP= group project

the Sandman
04-02-03, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by jerseyMan
Not sure what you guys are talking about. What's a "GP"? GP = Group Purchase (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139) (Click on the underlined link for additional information).

elwesso
04-02-03, 06:58 PM
Again the brain fart count rises :banghead: :banghead:

the Sandman
07-18-03, 09:51 AM
Isn't there enough interest in *any* Cadillac products for a GP yet??

Let's hear some more ideas...please! :bouncy:

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-18-03, 10:06 AM
Ive posted two or so gp ideas with no response....

the Sandman
07-18-03, 10:13 AM
I've posted two or so GP ideas with no response....Yes you have :thumbsup:. Unfortunately, for whatever reason they haven't caught on...yet. The first one is by far the toughest - breaking the ice so to speak. I say we keep floating ideas and get our first GP under our belts.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-18-03, 12:33 PM
how did u get the supporter title sandman?

the Sandman
07-18-03, 12:51 PM
how did u get the supporter title sandman?Press the "donate" radio button above or check it out here (click on link) (http://www.cadillacforums.com/subscribe.html). I'm the first! :D

ultravorx
07-18-03, 01:12 PM
Maybe a group buy for:
Zaino polish
Exhausts
Intakes
Ventshades(by weathertech)
Billet Grilles
Maybe audio equipment
HID Heatlights
Silverstar headlights

Frank

the Sandman
07-18-03, 01:23 PM
Maybe a group buy for:
Zaino polish
Exhausts
Intakes
Ventshades(by weathertech)
Billet Grilles
Maybe audio equipment
HID Heatlights
Silverstar headlightsZaino isn't doing GP's right now, but maybe around Christmas time. I might be interested in some of the other things listed here...what about the rest of the Community? :hammer:

bs4sho
07-18-03, 01:35 PM
id be interested in the audio equipment :D

Katshot
07-18-03, 02:38 PM
A Tech 2 is useless without the GM software.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-18-03, 03:04 PM
What audio equipment, my bro works at a shop and could defn hook us up!

AKPsiMC03
07-18-03, 06:49 PM
how about eibach lowering spings? shox.com might do that.

elwesso
07-18-03, 11:00 PM
What would be great if we could find someone to supply us with OEM parts wholesale...... Or at least discounted, so we dont have to pay dealer prices......

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-18-03, 11:51 PM
gmpartsdirect.com....

elwesso
07-18-03, 11:57 PM
Im saying that would give special deals to us on big items (trannys) and on other parts.......

At NICO, infiniti of scottsdale gives us discounts on OEM parts for NICO members.......

the Sandman
07-19-03, 07:50 AM
A Tech 2 is useless without the GM software.Obtainable?

elwesso
07-19-03, 11:34 AM
A techII may not be the best thing.... What can you do with a TechII that you cant do through OBD.....?

JJhomer83
09-12-03, 10:17 AM
I am intersted in gp.

Grilles, rims, tires, engine mods are good for GP

I would like to see supplies in GP, wax, leather wipes, fliuds, oil, etc....

devillain00
09-28-03, 08:21 PM
I would definetly be interested in; the audio equipment, the intake, billet grille, and headlights. they look nice on teh bmws.
Peace
C

elwesso
09-29-03, 05:22 PM
Ive said it once...... Ill say it again......

BG44k!!! Best stuff in the world!!!

ewo
11-17-03, 05:37 PM
id be interested in the audio equipment :D

Me too. I now wish I had purchsed the Bose stereo with GPS for my CTS

DieselGuy
11-23-03, 09:03 PM
I use a Tech II daily one thing that no one has said here is updates. Maybe no is aware of it here ,..it but most updates are downloads that ONLY deales can get. For instance you have a 02 Monte with a 0300 code ( misfire) you have to load the vin , hook up to Gm service download the correct update and then load it to the vehicle PCM. Same goes for the speed rating on tires and other itmes like that Hell even the remote entry on some models have to be downloaded fro the site. Lack of memory space on the Tech II.

Sorry after I posted I saw a post I missed about soft ware. You can get them and use them for your own use but they are others that Blow the tech II out of the water.. Snap-on tools if very nice I have used it and it works as well as the techII with out the draw backs other than price.

GMike
11-24-03, 09:49 AM
I just purchased a pre-owned 2002 Escalade AWD:

Things I have already purchased for upgrade:
20" wheels and tires
Diablo Preditor Programmer
Wood Dash Kit
Service Manuals

Future Upgrades being considered:
-Volant Cool Air intack w/snockel
-Corsa Exhaust (already have one on my boat Crownline 225BR)
-Lowering Kit f2"/r3" (Ground Force $399 best price so far)
-Maybe Audio upgrades to Bose system. (not sure it is viable based on the difficulty to upgrade/replace Bose system and maintain steering wheel controls).

junior2377
12-06-03, 12:13 PM
what about some of the vogue stuff...

http://vogue-tyre.com/upimages/accessories/500/281-cts-1pcwing_500.jpg

http://vogue-tyre.com/upimages/accessories/500/272-vtxi-mclicensebezel_500.jpg

jonrodman
12-21-03, 08:24 PM
I purchased a thoroughly abused 96 STS last summer. Just recently it has completed its $5000 overhaul and I don't really need anything for it right now. Everything works like it should right now. The only issue I have is that speed limiter. I would love to tryout a Tech II or similar device, but am too cheap to shell out the bucks to buy one myself. That is where I would start for a Group Project. The other parts are tires. Maybe a group buy on tires. We would all have to agree on the best tire. I have my preference, but am open to other tire ideas.

Jon
96STS

HippieD9
12-25-03, 12:52 AM
I'd go in on audio stuff, or maybe transaxle stuff (esp. posi units).

D.

TimsToy
01-10-04, 08:16 AM
My question is what can we get? Who has connections for what products? If we can 1st come up with a list of what we can actually expect to get (at a good discount) we could then take a poll to choose the item(s.) As interest builds it would also make it easier to set up the 2nd, 3rd, etc. group purchase.
Just my 2 cents.
Tim

smigdiggler
01-12-04, 06:49 PM
Hey guys,

I only have one item available and that is for the escalades, but if you can get 5 folks in on a group buy, then I will offer you a great deal.

Thanks,

Dave Smig

evo
02-17-04, 11:37 PM
i might have access to pick up headlights or foglights from eagleeyelights.com but i'm not sure how to set up a GP or anything...

the moderator or anyone can PM me if you guys think this is a good idea.

tonysailor
01-04-08, 06:41 PM
I would ask if there is any interest in a GP for STS-V Spoiler for our non STS-v cars?

I would jump on it asap.

Thanks for letting me put in an idea.

Tony

CIWS
01-04-08, 09:17 PM
You bumped a thread that's almost 4 years old ? :nono:

obrienw
12-29-09, 05:57 AM
Hi, am new here but here are my thoughts.

K&N filter for stock intake
Modified intake with K&N
Clear static grip headlight overlays (McNeil makes these I think)
Winter tire/wheel combo (would be hard as is expensive and probably have all diff sizes here)
Dyno time (have to be done by region)

bendebusk
10-29-13, 04:12 PM
Lockpicks for older model Cadillac SRXs!