: 300C / Charger Forums lose another sponsor

CVP33
07-17-06, 07:59 PM
It seems that ekool, AKA John Gonzales, is selective on the "truth" he shares on his forums. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt8-general-discussion/21805-farewell-site-supporter.html

DILLIGAF
07-17-06, 08:42 PM
Chris,I was convinced that guy was a doucher months ago.I would like to point out the number of idiot followers he has.Mopar people,like the cars,hate the drivers.CVP exempt of course.Thats the first time i've been over there for months.Not going back over there any time soon.ekool,you are an a$$ hole imo,bite the hand that feeds you on this one,idiot.

Destroyer
07-17-06, 09:04 PM
Great read, seems like JH is getting some payback:thumbsup:

HITMONEY
07-18-06, 03:33 AM
<shrugs>

So what did ekool do that was wrong... after reading all the threads... it seems he did what was right.

Blackout
07-18-06, 05:25 AM
ekool is a dumbass. He ruined such a great thing over on the srtforums awhile back. Now all the old guys from there have branched off and made their own forums

urbanski
07-18-06, 06:09 AM
i'm ecool :cool:

AirJigga25
07-18-06, 08:48 AM
i like how hennessey is getting his ass handed to him...
the truth hurts sometimes. The internet is a beautiful thing.

Blackout
07-18-06, 03:50 PM
BTW all of us who don't like him too much call him etool now:thumbsup:

CIWS
07-18-06, 04:48 PM
i'm ecool :cool:

I thought you were the Walrus.....goo goo goo joob. :D

DBA-One
07-18-06, 05:34 PM
I don't have time to read all this stuff. Where is this pay back blah blah?

thebigjimsho
07-18-06, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I don't see too much to blame efool for on this one. I didn't check the other forum that's being referenced and all the other threads and links, but Hennessey is a pretty shady outfit. Or, at least, has the reputation of one.

Elvis
07-18-06, 05:56 PM
Making an announcement that you're leaving a forum is never a good idea.

It's one thing if he had admitted that he wasn't making enough money to justify the expense, it's quite another to make accusations on your way out.

You can never win that way because you aren't staying around to defend yourself. Everyone you disagree with gets the final word and you end up looking like the one in the wrong.

And you've burned the bridge. Stupid business decision, IMO.

DBA-One
07-18-06, 06:12 PM
Sounds like that is the least of Hennessy's problems. I've heard a lot of bad stuff but never knew why until now. I think the site owner did the right thing based on what I read. Hennessey started it all with a public post. He invited trouble and that is what he got. Sites like that and even here try to serve the members, not simply the vendors because without us soooooo non-important members, who advertises in a ghost town?

CVP33
07-18-06, 08:06 PM
Just to explain a little. I found the events interesting, especially as to where John decides to draw his moral lines. He banned me for a private argument between he and I over 3 PM's. Then he claimed that I tried to sell parts on his forum. All of which was untrue and the Group Buy was sponsored by GSM. I posted the PM's to defend myself and then his lackeys attacked me saying I somehow betrayed the sanctity of PM's by publicly displaying them.

This is of course is all laughable now because John now claims to be preserving the integrity of his site and his members by not deleting negative posts by his members regarding a vendor. It doesn't matter if these attacks on the vendor are baseless, he still let's them run their course. What I find duplicitous and contradictory in his behavior is that he makes a separation between banning a member by fabricating and spreading lies while at the same time refusing to delete baselss accusations regarding a supporting vendor.

Wait a minute I just figured it out. John supports and promotes the spreading of lies and baseless accusations. This is the ONLY explanation. Nice job John! Keep up the great work. I think I'll go throw Hennessy some business. :thumbsup:

urbanski
07-19-06, 07:21 AM
I think I'll go throw Hennessy some business. :thumbsup:
he's 3 hours from me, stop by for a beer :)

PAW 47
07-19-06, 02:26 PM
ekool is a tool. No doubt about that! But all those 'tuners' have some sort of run-in with being sued its a fact of life. Thats why you always get a deal done in writing. People never learn...

I think Hennessy has a vaild point to pull out. After all, he is paying for advertising...

Destroyer
07-19-06, 03:06 PM
ekool is a tool. No doubt about that! But all those 'tuners' have some sort of run-in with being sued its a fact of life. Thats why you always get a deal done in writing. People never learn...

I think Hennessy has a vaild point to pull out. After all, he is paying for advertising...I have heard about the Hennessy stuff years ago. Read about it in magazines. He was scamming people and he should have to fess up to it. Doesn't matter if we haven't heard a good Hennessy tragedy for awhile, he still messed people up and stole. He should have been shut down at that time. You cant blame people for holding a grudge against him.

AlBundy
07-19-06, 06:26 PM
I just started checking that site out and they have noooo love for Caddys.

Lord Cadillac
07-19-06, 07:27 PM
I just started checking that site out and they have noooo love for Caddys.
Jealousy.. At least we can admit to like Chryslers from time to time...

CVP33
07-20-06, 12:51 AM
I find the 300C forums generally mean spirited. We know who are instigators are here and they play the part very well I might add. But at the end of the day, they can be reasoned with and middle ground is usually found. On the 300C forums the "on air" battles usually are followed by PM's by moderators warning posters to back off and then the not so veiled threats "on air".

Reading the posts regarding Hennessy are classic. Starts with a simple farewell followed by a couple of ignorant zealots with he said stories about their buddy who was screwed by Hennessy in 1991 with absolutely no facts or proof. When Hennessy defends himself he is quickly nailed by a moderator whom you would hope would be impartial, but is now emboldened by this "non-supporting" vendor's status and takes aim.

Moderators should be peace makers and deal in the delicate art of persuassion. Persuassion and influence are their own power, however subtle, and help ensure a smooth running forum with happy members. No one was ever persuaded or influenced with a baseball bat, as force will be met with force. What our mod's accomplish here everyday is underappreciated. The folks that "go away" here have truly crossed the line dozens of times and are most likely beyond saving.

Thanks to CTSVette, Urby, Jesda and others for getting it right. And thanks to the 300C forums for the theater. :thumbsup:

Elvis
07-20-06, 08:44 AM
Dodge people consider Caddy people to be snobs.

A lot of Caddy people used to be Chevy, Ford, and Dodge people, so there's no animosity.

davesdeville
07-20-06, 01:22 PM
It's like Reinhart reloaded...

ekool did the right thing by leaving the post. Hennesey should've simply refuted the statements and taken the criticism like a man instead of threatening legal action.

fpmesiIII
07-20-06, 06:40 PM
Hennesey and ekool both sound like idiots for even taking their battles personally online.

MrEr1c
07-20-06, 10:36 PM
i personally would never let someone with such a bad reputation as Mr. Hennessey become a supporting vender.

Edit: after a little internet searching, it seems that this dispute with Hennessey has travaled all over the web. Most all srt forums and even this caddy site and an SVT site and vette sites. MULTIPLE FORUM OWNAGE. I would be surprisd if this guy ever returns his rep to what it was before all these problems.. He really seems like an idiot.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
07-20-06, 10:57 PM
Just my 2cents, but I think this is one of the few times ecool is correct. Any boy can put his product/service on the market, but it takes a man to handle criticism.

DILLIGAF
07-21-06, 12:26 AM
Hennesey and ekool both sound like idiots for even taking their battles personally online.sorry,this statement made me laugh:bouncy: