: 1995 seville pcm problem HELP

my first caddy
07-15-06, 11:31 PM
I have spent $500.00 between aamco,chevron and the Cadillac dealer only to find out that the slamming into gear and rough shifting is from a bad PCM ?They are probaly right.I plan to go to a cadillac only junkyard to find the pcm. What do i need to match up so it will work? Meaning numbers on the PCM or code? Also where in the heck:eek: is the PCM on my 95 seville SLS ????

eldorado1
07-16-06, 12:08 AM
Slamming into gear and rough shifting are signs of a disconnected or bad transmission pressure solenoid. It could very well be the PCM as well.

You need to match up the service number on the outside sticker. If the 4 letter code doesn't match up, you need to remove the 2 screws on the outside of the "service panel", and pop out the PROM, and put it in the new PCM. Touch something grounded (like a sink) first so you don't damage anything.

I believe your PCM is located under or behind the dash, on the passenger side.

my first caddy
07-16-06, 12:41 AM
was told by the dealer like you said that a code for the pressure circuit in the transmission came up. They checked the resistance in the circuit and said it was fine which leads them to believe it may be the PCM.Before are start removing electric boxes any info on what the right box looks like(PCM) ?

parts68
07-16-06, 08:48 AM
I had a 95 acted the same way,after throwing a few other parts at it,replaced the PCM and it was fine.
Must be a bad batch of boards that crack in that circuit or a component that fails.
Yours is not the first Ive heard of doing that.PCM will have a red a white and a blue connector.Be sure and disconnect the negative battery terminal before removal and replace after new install.

my first caddy
07-16-06, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the help everyone !!!!! This site is great!!!!