CIWS
07-15-06, 07:27 AM
Mucho Mucho Bueno Suerte :D

Rolex
07-15-06, 09:38 AM
Good luck!!! (what's the ABC exam?) :hmm:

LittleB
07-15-06, 01:51 PM
:yeah: HAHAHA I wanted to ask but didn't want to look stupid :D Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Spyder
07-15-06, 03:00 PM
Easy! No problem! Nothing to it! But...then again, every time I THINK a test was incredibly easy, I end up doing rather poorly on it.

California ABC = Alcoholic Beverage Control. State law enforcement, Special Agent position. Plainclothes 24 hour peace officer who works on liquor laws, licenses and establishments. Not EXACTLY what I want to do, but a great foot in the door and a step in the right direction. Results will be mailed out in 6-8 weeks, but I'm rather confident that I did well.

JimHare
07-15-06, 09:55 PM
I'd be curious to see some of the sample questions on an ABC officer test - do you remember any of them?

Caddy Man
07-18-06, 02:57 AM
spyder, just curious, have you looked into CPB (Customs and Border Patrol)? They seem to be openly recruiting right now.

bpmolder
07-18-06, 06:32 AM
I remember one of the questions:

What kind of donut is best to dunk into a cup of coffee?

A. Glazed
B. Plain
C. Powdered
D. Jelly

:nyanya::rofl: Just kidding....couldn't resist a cop joke. No offense intended.

Spyder
07-18-06, 12:50 PM
:)

A lot of it was actually grammar and spelling and crap like that. Gotta be able to write reports, ya know! Then there was a bunch of "situational" questions, where you're in a bar, something happens, and they give you a choice of things to do. A couple of basic alcohol-related law questions...Actually had to sign a paper saying that we wouldn't quote any of the questions or tell anyone what was on it because they re-use the test or portions of it or something along those lines.

CaddyMan, no, I havn't yet, although I DO plan on doing that soon. I just got the invitation to apply to a position that was closed, and figured I'd go for it. Money is good, benefits are great, hours good, locations are good, and I figured if I didn't like it, Investigative experience, in any branch, is always a good foot in the door to a new LE related job.

BP Molder, the powdered donut question was actually: T or F, it is safe to breath while eating powdered donuts.
The answer, of course, is no...have ya ever inhaled powdered freaking sugar and almost died? I do it every time I eat the stuff...evil bastards.

Lord Cadillac
07-18-06, 01:47 PM
Well, good luck on getting your foot in the door!

Rey Rey 650
07-18-06, 03:41 PM
Easy! No problem! Nothing to it! But...then again, every time I THINK a test was incredibly easy, I end up doing rather poorly on it.

California ABC = Alcoholic Beverage Control. State law enforcement, Special Agent position. Plainclothes 24 hour peace officer who works on liquor laws, licenses and establishments. Not EXACTLY what I want to do, but a great foot in the door and a step in the right direction. Results will be mailed out in 6-8 weeks, but I'm rather confident that I did well.

Ohhh! Good Luck!!! I have an ICE(Immigration Customs Enforcement) interview for a special agent position on friday in SF. My GF is a special agent for OIG in the city and works with a bunch of people from ABC. Well, ABC also has a department located in SF....Good Luck Man!

FastCTS
07-19-06, 09:43 PM
I remember one of the questions:

What kind of donut is best to dunk into a cup of coffee?

A. Glazed
B. Plain
C. Powdered
D. Jelly

:nyanya::rofl: Just kidding....couldn't resist a cop joke. No offense intended.

From my years of experience the answer is, "all of the above." :thepan:

bpmolder
07-19-06, 09:49 PM
From my years of experience the answer is, "all of the above." :thepan:

Well, I didn't know that, because I haven't had the benefit of academy training. lol