: Yep She's A Leaker

Eldobroken
02-06-04, 03:20 PM
:yup: :yup: Hi Guys 1994 eldorado touring coupe. Has anyone sucessfully stopped the oil leaks they seem to never stop even when i fix. Every time i fix one it leaks somewhere else. My question is for this leak. Can i ReTorque valve covers or do i have to replace gaskets they do not seem to be pushing out. Thanks in advance. ,Joe

elwesso
02-06-04, 04:57 PM
Replace the valve cover gaskets..... Retorquing might help a litlte but you wont be happy.. I guess its worth a try, always a good idea to do the cheap stuff first!!!

Oil leaks can only happen in so many places... What have you done to try and stop them???

Eldobroken
02-06-04, 07:22 PM
Replace the valve cover gaskets..... Retorquing might help a litlte but you wont be happy.. I guess its worth a try, always a good idea to do the cheap stuff first!!!

Oil leaks can only happen in so many places... What have you done to try and stop them???
Hi well also i have replaced the oil filter mount that was corroded bad. Weird beacuse no corrosion anywhere else. Also oil pan has been tightened more times than i can count. There is one bolt near the tranny up high behind bracket i had to modify a socket to even tighten it that also comes loose monthly. From what i have heard they didnt fix these problems till year 2000 i could be wrong but i think they changed to different gaskets. Thanks ,Joe

elwesso
02-07-04, 12:08 AM
Please dont expect that tightening bolts will give you results... In order to fix leaks you gotta tear stuff apart and replace gaskets......