: My '90 Brougham after a detail job

Benzilla
07-10-06, 10:30 PM
The weather has been really nice lately, so I decided it was time for another full job. 1990 Brougham d'Elegance, 118,000 and it still thinks its a new car. Diplomat blue, TBI 350, moonroof, d'Elegance package, CD player, perfect condition.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Cadillac_guy/100_0533small.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Cadillac_guy/100_0535.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Cadillac_guy/100_0537.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Cadillac_guy/100_0538.jpg

Interior, sorry their so fuzzy.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Cadillac_guy/100_0541.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Cadillac_guy/100_0540.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Cadillac_guy/100_0544.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Cadillac_guy/100_0542.jpg

Best view in the world :cool2:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Cadillac_guy/100_0548.jpg

96Fleetwood
07-10-06, 10:38 PM
That is a true beauty.. makes me miss my 1991 :(

bicentennialcadillac
07-10-06, 10:38 PM
She's gorgeous.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-10-06, 10:44 PM
You know ben, I actually like your 1990 the most :D

Benzilla
07-10-06, 11:52 PM
haha, thanks guys :) whats odd is that my Dad says he dosn't like it because its "too much of a blend-in car" whatever that means... I still think it looks great when clean. and I'm in love with the tangier carpet. I wish all cars - shit, even my house - had it lol.

Chad:

Really? My favorite is the Phaeton, followed very close by the Coupe.

I basicly bought this one because I liked it better than my '96 Deville, but still wanted a car with 4-doors. And I always wanted a blue Brougham for some reason. I was really lucky to find one with all the goodies on it. I sort of have this stuped little rule I think about when looking for a car, if I can't picture the car in a dark alley at night, with mafioso stepping out if it, then I can't buy the car... its dumb, but hasn't led me astray yet :D

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-10-06, 11:55 PM
Ben, it's triple navy with the D'Elegance package and the wheels I love, what's not to like?? :D
Now if it had white leather then it would kick ultimate ass!

Benzilla
07-11-06, 12:02 AM
yeah, its nice, but the Phaeton & '83 have my heart. I heard that you think the true image of a Cadillac is a dark blue Brougham with wires, so I thought you'd like it haha.

I was hoping it had white leather the frist time I saw it too, but I sorta also think it might be a little over the top... ok, screw that, it would kick ass! lol.

Frost
07-11-06, 03:48 AM
Another friend of mine up here has a '92 Fleetwood Brougham with the firemist colour, velour interior and just about every option know to mankind. I love his ride for it's sheer "presence" everywhere it goes.

Nothing says Cadillac like these beautiful Grand old Dames. Well done!

77CDV
07-11-06, 12:11 PM
OK, I'm openly drooling now. The frontal shot might just become my new screen saver! :)

Craig

Frost
07-11-06, 01:12 PM
Hah, 77CDV, I already did that! Hope Benzilla doesn't mind,,,,,,,,,,

KaddyKat
07-11-06, 01:21 PM
Can't get much better than that:worship:

gdwriter
07-11-06, 04:09 PM
Damn, Ben, I wish Tennesee and Oregon were closer together. I'd send Cruella over for a detail job. Love that blue inside and out.

http://www.gdwriter.com/images/ethel.jpg

pimpridein
07-11-06, 04:25 PM
Dude thats an awsome looking car . :highfive: :2thumbs:

Destroyer
07-11-06, 04:34 PM
Nice!. I've been trying to find a D'Elegance interior for mine with no luck. That sunroof is sweet too. Its my favorite of the bunch as well. :thumbsup:

Benzilla
07-11-06, 06:13 PM
Wow, I wasn't expecting such a reaction. I guess you guys like it lol. its just a Brougham, I mean how is that better than a Phaeton? But you like what you like I guess :) And yes, its ok if you want it to be your screen saver, I'm honored.

1990CaddyBrougham
07-11-06, 06:45 PM
118k miles????? WOW. She is a fine lady not showing her age at all...

Im liking the whole.. park all three Caddys in the driveway and the sencond class nissan gets the lawn.

350, moonroof, delegance, CD palyer.... DAAYYYUMMM

ralphb
07-11-06, 07:48 PM
Not only does the car look beautiful, but how did you get such nice pics ? !

Benzilla
07-11-06, 08:18 PM
Haha, yeah, caddys don't do lawn. :cool2: The Sentra is my Dad's car, he likes economy...

I don't really know why my pics come out so good, I just have a kodak digital camera.

Frost
07-11-06, 08:27 PM
Hey, some guys just have the "knack" when it comes to taking pics - although the quality of the camera can't be denied, either.

I have 2 friends that both fancy themselves as budding "pro" photographers - one has a somewhat dated, but very well maintained Canon 35mm while the other one has a top-of-the-line piece of equipment with a name that I can't even pronounce let alone remember, but I know it was mega $$$ to get.

Guess who consistently takes the better pics?
(HINT - I can remember the name of HIS camera!)

Destroyer
07-11-06, 09:05 PM
Wow, I wasn't expecting such a reaction. I guess you guys like it lol. its just a Brougham, I mean how is that better than a Phaeton? But you like what you like I guess :) And yes, its ok if you want it to be your screen saver, I'm honored.Its a well optioned Brougham and it is hard to find one that way. As for the Phaeton, its cool but I personally dont care for the color combo.

77CDV
07-11-06, 09:39 PM
Wow, I wasn't expecting such a reaction. I guess you guys like it lol. its just a Brougham, I mean how is that better than a Phaeton? But you like what you like I guess :) And yes, its ok if you want it to be your screen saver, I'm honored.

I wouldn't say either is better than the other, each offers her own style of luxury. The Brougham is a reserved, stately, commanding automobile, very traditional, classically Cadillac. The Phaeton is more rakish, even sporty and dare I say sexy in her way. It implies youth and fun and is the more approachable car, where the Brougham is far more imposing. To put it in your terms, the triggerman drives the Phaeton, the Godfather is chauffered (heavily protected) in the Brougham.:thumbsup: Either way, the owner is ignored at one's own peril.

Craig

Benzilla
07-11-06, 09:58 PM
Craig, you always have an answer. Thats pretty much the way I feel about it too, like my Dad said, the Phaeton seems like more if a young, sporty single guy car. He dosn't like the Brougham though, he says it looks like a blend it car... says the guy with a white Sentra lol.

I just go more for two doors I guess, but I also love the Brougham because its a 4-door. its easier to carry friends, go on vacation, and all that stuff than it would be in a two door. I can haul around my whole crew and get out Sopranos style, very cool lol. Plus the 350 with the towing package isin't hurting anything... the 307 just wouldn't be the same, I love a big car that can move.

Destroyer
07-12-06, 12:04 AM
Thats pretty much the way I feel about it too, like my Dad said, the Phaeton seems like more if a young, sporty single guy car. .WTF? Sporty single guy car? Yeah if your 80 and your wife died. :alchi:

Benzilla
07-12-06, 12:10 AM
Go **** yourself.

and WTF? they used the ****ing thing in Goodfellas.

And my 16 year old friend is about to buy a '79 Coupe too. because he knows what a car with class is.

Benzilla
07-12-06, 12:19 AM
Also I don't get why the older caddys are still thought of as "granny rides" by some. I mean, now days I hardly ever see old people driving anything much older than a '96, so where do people get this idea? Younger people get the old ones and work on them, thats what I see everywhere.

Destroyer
07-12-06, 06:50 AM
Go f*ck yourself.

and WTF? they used the f*cking thing in Goodfellas.

Enough with the Goodfellas thing already. Starting to sound like the guy with the snot green Caddy that had to make everyone aware that it was rare in every post. You say goodfellas and assume the car is as recognizable as the General Lee or Knight Rider. Gee, a gangster movie with a Cadillac, how many of those were there again?. Nice language btw!.

bicentennialcadillac
07-12-06, 08:09 AM
Also I don't get why the older caddys are still thought of as "granny rides" by some.

Ignore 'em. Some people just don't get it.

Destroyer
07-12-06, 08:32 AM
Ignore 'em. Some people just don't get it.No I get it. Yeah a lot of younger people really love the old big cars, kinda refreshing in a world of small economy cars everywhere but lets not get ahead of ourselves and think they are sporty or sports cars. These cars were built with the senior crowd as the target audience. We can however make them into performers and sportier than they were as I have with my 91 and several others have and are doing with their Fleetwoods. I cracked a joke and was told to go F**k myself. Some people are way too anal sometimes. Why take things so seriously?.

77CDV
07-12-06, 12:41 PM
No I get it. Yeah a lot of younger people really love the old big cars, kinda refreshing in a world of small economy cars everywhere but lets not get ahead of ourselves and think they are sporty or sports cars. These cars were built with the senior crowd as the target audience. We can however make them into performers and sportier than they were as I have with my 91 and several others have and are doing with their Fleetwoods. I cracked a joke and was told to go F**k myself. Some people are way too anal sometimes. Why take things so seriously?.

Interestingly, the Phaeton model was marketed towards people in our age bracket, and quite successfully, too. Remember that the grey-hairs of today driving Caddys were once our age, and driving Caddys. My parents are a case in point. When this car was new, my folks were in their late 30s and early 40s. Mom had her 77 CDV. My parent's friends and my friends' parents were all the same story. Mid to late 30s and into their 40s, all driving Caddys, Buicks, Lincolns, and the occasional Merc, Bimmer, or Volvo.

These folks are now the "blue hair brigade", and though some have changed their buying habits, many have not. Case in point, Mom is now in her early 70s and still driving a new Caddy. It was the baby boomers in the 1980s who changed what a luxury car was supposed to be, away from the plush, isolated Detroit model to a more minimalist, sport tourer paradigm. Ben and his cohorts are the boomers' kids, and these older Detroiters are a revelation to them and thus fascinating and worthy of obsession.

I guess what I'm rambling towards, Destroyer, is, try to remember how big a deal things near and dear to you were when you were 17, before a job and family were the overarching themes in life. I'm willing to bet you had a car amongst your vast number that you would have gone to the mat over if some "old guy" dissed it. Time and age have tempered us, and eventually it will also calm Ben and EvergreenBrougham, et al.

Ben,

Please try to remember that not every flippant comment about your cars is a high insult worthy of pistols at twenty paces at dawn. Destroyer was making a harmless crack meant to be a humorous bit of sarcasm. I suggest if you take it as such, you'll find little cause for venting such a visceral (and inappropriate) reaction.

Let the flames begin! :) :getaway: :hide:

Craig

Destroyer
07-12-06, 02:58 PM
I guess what I'm rambling towards, Destroyer, is, try to remember how big a deal things near and dear to you were when you were 17, before a job and family were the overarching themes in life. I'm willing to bet you had a car amongst your vast number that you would have gone to the mat over if some "old guy" dissed it. Time and age have tempered us, and eventually it will also calm Ben and EvergreenBrougham, et al.

Ben,

Please try to remember that not every flippant comment about your cars is a high insult worthy of pistols at twenty paces at dawn. Destroyer was making a harmless crack meant to be a humorous bit of sarcasm. I suggest if you take it as such, you'll find little cause for venting such a visceral (and inappropriate) reaction.

Let the flames begin! :) :getaway: :hide:

CraigI gotta say 77CDV, that was very well written except for the part I was refferred to as "some old guy", lol. Your points are well taken, and yeah, there was a time where my reactions would have mirrorred Bens pertaining to cars.

Bro-Ham
07-12-06, 03:13 PM
Hi,

I've been biting my tongue yet I must agree the foul language that is appearing ever more frequently on this forum is appalling. Hope things can clean up so this site can be reflective of the dignified cars we all adore.

Dave

bicentennialcadillac
07-12-06, 03:27 PM
It was the baby boomers in the 1980s who changed what a luxury car was supposed to be, away from the plush, isolated Detroit model to a more minimalist, sport tourer paradigm.

So true. These cars, especially in deVille guise, were sold to folks in all age brackets, and were main rides for many young families with cash to burn up until the early-to-mid-'80s. The HT4100 debacle really killed Cadillac for a ton of people.

Benzilla
07-12-06, 03:40 PM
Enough with the Goodfellas thing already. Starting to sound like the guy with the snot green Caddy that had to make everyone aware that it was rare in every post. You say goodfellas and assume the car is as recognizable as the General Lee or Knight Rider. Gee, a gangster movie with a Cadillac, how many of those were there again?. Nice language btw!.

I don't mean to go "over the top" with the whole goodfellas thing, I was just trying to say that in the media, pop culture, and even stuff I see in real life, these cars aren't thought of as granny rides anymore, where I live, whenever one of my friends see an older caddy they eather say "wow, wiseguy coming through" or "hey, pimp daddy Cadillac" It does get really old after a while, but thats what I hear where I am, and thats what I was trying to say. I wish that these old beauties could be loved for what they are, and not stuck with certian ideas that people have about them. And I told you to **** off because this whole granny ride thing has been bothering me for a while, and you were the straw the broke the camel's back.

Craig, what can I say, you have a talent with words. I don't know how you do it. And like I said, I jumped on him because of a lot of stuff that had built up.

And as far as the whole sporty Phaeton thing, thats just how I see it vs. a 4-door Brougham. to me, a cloth top just looks more sporty on this car, not on the new ones, but on a big body 2-door it does. plus the color combo. And quoting the '79 brochure, "...sporty connvertible-like roof treatment..." I really like how it looks.

thats all for me. :)

77CDV
07-12-06, 04:05 PM
Ah, peace, it's wonderful! :)

Craig

Destroyer
07-12-06, 04:09 PM
And I told you to f*ck off because this whole granny ride thing has been bothering me for a while, and you were the straw the broke the camel's back.

:)I was just messing with you for crying out loud. I drive a 4 door Brougham, and a 4 door Benz. Yes, older people bought both my cars new but I love these cars. If others are bothering you about the whole "granny ride" thing, get over it. Why let that stuff bother you?. You got heaps of praise for all your cars and one goofy remark I made and you explode all over the place. :thepan:

Benzilla
07-12-06, 04:25 PM
umm, hello, person trying to make peace here...

and the granny ride remark is just my own "problem" right after I got my first caddy, thats the first thing I heard, so it stuck with me. yes I need to get over it, but some things just won't go away, gay as it sounds.

brougham
07-12-06, 05:12 PM
Hi,

I've been biting my tongue yet I must agree the foul language that is appearing ever more frequently on this forum is appalling. Hope things can clean up so this site can be reflective of the dignified cars we all adore.

Dave

And that's exactly why this post is going to be closed.