07-08-06, 11:55 PM
http://www.renokeo.com/lastday.JPG

illumina
07-09-06, 01:20 AM
Oh my Holy ****ing God!

I hope that shit ain't got lead in it!

gary88
07-09-06, 01:23 AM
Looks like the kid on the right started eating it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-09-06, 01:26 AM
I can't have kids, because if I do, I'll have to kill myself :)

No just kidding, but I really don't want children.

DopeStar 156
07-09-06, 01:54 AM
Holy shit. That's a beatin'...

Frost
07-09-06, 02:41 AM
I knew waaaaay back in my 18th year on this planet that I never wanted to have any kids - then went on a quest to find a soulmate with similar wants and interests. That took me into my 32th year, but now we have made over twenty trips around the sun married, no kids and couldn't be happier.

I bought a Samsung 42" HDTV PLasma a few weeks ago. Saved up for it and did a humongous amount of research into the whole genre of flat panel communications before finally settling on this particular set.

I know EXACTLY how i'd feel and what my reaction would've been if I walked into my TV room and saw THAT mess.

And it wouldn't be pretty,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

SL1CK
07-09-06, 03:11 AM
And people think this is "cute".

A good spanking is what these "cute" things deserve.

JimHare
07-09-06, 06:36 AM
Those kids are a bit young to understand and learn from a randomly applied spanking - I'd spank the adult (or whomever) who left an open can of paint around. Unless these two little miscreants managed to get one open themselves, which I think is unlikely, you can't blame kids as young as these appear to be for messing around like that.

They don't, and couldn't, at their age, know any better. This is one of those things where an adult is more to blame.

CVP33
07-09-06, 07:42 AM
I saw the title and was prepared to extol the virtues of raising children, as I have 17 and 15 year old boys. After seeing the picture I was reminded of many similar incidents in our past and have found myself less zealous. Carry on, that pictures says a lot.

Frost
07-09-06, 07:42 AM
Yeah, just like that darling little 5 year old cousin of mine that poured the entire contents of a Dairy Queen "Blizzard" down into the rear centre speaker of my Father's 1969 Buick Riviera GS Stage 1.

Remedial Action? Complete replacement, done at the dealership.
Restitution Maker? My Uncle.
Trial Outcome? Found Gulity, with no chance of Parole.
Punishment? Not allowed to come over to our house for a long time. Although in retrospect, this was probably more for HIS protection, than anything else.......

Elvis
07-09-06, 07:43 AM
I think Jim just nailed this one.

The kid on the left is still smiling. The parent is too busy taking a picture to discipline the kids. The kid on the right doesn't have a clue.

I don't have any kids either.

SpeedyArizona
07-09-06, 10:00 AM
I don't know if I want kids yet, it's crossed my mind many times but I don't want to get married. I'm having fun and I like my life, marriage would screw everything up. At some point in time I may adopt, but it will be at least a few years if I ever do.

I just can't see myself married, I have a girlfriend and we have a good thing going already...

Cute pic though, I'm just glad it isn't my house:D.

addison_ii
07-09-06, 12:32 PM
That pic isn't cute and the parent needs their @$$ whooped for even taking a pic like that(or whomever the pic taker was). Then the kids need to be taught to not touch certain things. The "painter" needs to be thrashed for leaving an open can of paint around.
** Now that my rage has settled, I find myself laughing hysterically at the pic!!**

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-09-06, 12:56 PM
At that age, it's almost always the parent's fault for shit like that.

black93sts
07-09-06, 05:39 PM
Yeah, that's why you keep dangerous chemicals out the reach of toddlers.
Not cute, and whoever left that out should have their ass beat.

Patrick7997
07-09-06, 06:35 PM
Frost, you're the man.... I've been looking for this mythical "woman who doesn't want kids" forever.... I may as well be looking for the Loch Ness MOnster.... They either HAVE kids already (no thanks), or they NEED to have kids RIGHT NOW....

Crazy.

Actually, that is a very dangerous situation there, in that picture. I used to work in a paint factory... even latex paint has a lot of chemicals in it, and lots of those chemicals are absorbed thru the skin. And those little young bodies are a lot more sensitive to those things than adult bodies....

And even on your messiest paint job, what, you might reach 10% of your skin, having paint on it.... which you can handle. Those kids are near 50% coverage. The skin is a very large organ, and it can't function when it's covered in paint..... Paint is not a toy. Kids should not be handling paint. They could have lifelong irreversible damage done to their organs.....

And on to the important issues, whoever painted my 60-inch Sony LCD would pay the ultimate price..... I know, just kidding.....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-09-06, 08:04 PM
That reminds me of something that happened locally a few years back.

There was an old glass plant down here (HWY 3. in Rosemount for the locals) and it had been abandoned for a few years, but the company that was in there left some materials, mercury included, so some teenagers broke into this place out of curiousity and when they were in there, they found the mercury and they didn't know what it was, or how dangerous it is, so they started playing around with it and actually bottled it up and brought it home and I forgot what happened after that, but it made the news for quite a while.

codewize
07-09-06, 08:16 PM
Exactly why I don't have children. Now in defense of the kids who's the dumb ass adult that left an open can of paint where 2 toddlers could get to it.

Elvis
07-09-06, 08:49 PM
I've been looking for this mythical "woman who doesn't want kids" forever.... I may as well be looking for the Loch Ness MOnster....

I found her.

Patrick7997
07-10-06, 09:44 AM
Elvis, giving me the needle again..... (sigh). There was only one, and you found her, eh?? Or there was 2, Frost found one, you found the other???

Story of my life, right there in a nutshell.... :bigroll:

DBA-One
07-10-06, 09:51 AM
This wouldn't happen if parents were watching. I could see a little paint here and there but it is everywhere. They were left unattended for far too long.

jrs05caddyext
07-10-06, 11:19 AM
:yeah:

TagApl4
07-10-06, 12:12 PM
I would use the kids as a roller!!! In addition i would scrap my TV paint the rest white and from then on that is the only TV my kids are alowed to watch. See how cool Barney is when u cant see the fat bastard, then he will teach them a lesson worth learning.

EcSTSatic
07-10-06, 12:20 PM
Those kids are a bit young to understand and learn from a randomly applied spanking - I'd spank the adult (or whomever) who left an open can of paint around. Unless these two little miscreants managed to get one open themselves, which I think is unlikely, you can't blame kids as young as these appear to be for messing around like that.

They don't, and couldn't, at their age, know any better. This is one of those things where an adult is more to blame.

I agree with Jim. Some common sense on the part of responsible parents would be in order here.

Spyder
07-10-06, 12:31 PM
I found her.

You found the Loch Ness Monster?!

DBA-One
07-10-06, 01:02 PM
For all of you anti-kids folk,

I used to be the same way. My wife and I were married 3 days before Columbine. We were on our honeymoon in Vegas when it went down. We were having drinks at the Flamingo watching it on TV. At that time, my wife and I agreed that we didn't want children. Hell, we do not want our kids shooting us! For a few more years after that we lived as we wanted to: spent money on mindless things, did mindless things. Suddenly a "void" appeared. It started with my wife. She wanted a child very much. Me? Not really because I was too concerned with spending (read waste) money on my cars, toys, weed, whatever. The wife's will was strong and I had no choice, that much was clear.

About 10 months later we welcomed our first daughter in to the world. She was born two weeks before 9/11. It seems with every life changing event in my wife's and I personal lives a seemingly global event occurs, too. We had just bought a house, went from thousands in free cash every month to no cash, blah, blah, blah. An alarming time without question. Over the years with our first born we discovered how you are tied down with a child, broke because of daycare, and all the expenses that go with being a family. Know what? We elected to do it again! We will not live forever and the only logical answer is a sibling. Now I've got two girls and I could not be more pleased that G-d as sent such blessings to me.

I've got absolutely no regrets. My money wont love me back. My money doesn't bring me a blanket an pillow when I'm sick. My money never hugs me 'just because' My children are my gift to the world. They are being raised to give, care, love and be loved. Every day those two little girls do something that makes me smile. Sure it is a lot of work but nothing that can't be handled with some patience.

In ending, don't base you feelings on never having kids on the picture in this thread. The kids pictured just have bad parents - not the other way around.

LittleB
07-10-06, 01:08 PM
Great message DBA!!! That's sweet!!! My friend who I've only known for the last 4 years (she was 30 years old then) had been saying she didn't want kids all her life....then she meets the Mr. Right, they have this great relationship, they get married, and things just change. She decided she wanted kids and now she is 2 months pregnant. They are so excited!!! Never say never!

DBA-One
07-10-06, 01:18 PM
That is right, never say never. When we were married my wife was 30 and I was 27. Sort of the same situation I guess. There is a lot to fear because of the responsibly. However, we all have the ability to arise to the occasion and when the child in question is your own, you will be outright stunned at how good of a parent you can actually be.

LittleB
07-10-06, 01:29 PM
That is right, never say never. When we were married my wife was 30 and I was 27. Sort of the same situation I guess. There is a lot to fear because of the responsibly. However, we all have the ability to arise to the occasion and when the child in question is your own, you will be outright stunned at how good of a parent you can actually be.

Yep almost the same situation! Life changes, feelings change.....I think we all know people who have said they didn't want kids, and then they ended up with them and couldn't be happier. They are such little bundles of joy!!

DBA-One
07-10-06, 01:34 PM
Put that picture back in your sig. You know, the one that was in front of the two of your car. it is my fav.

LittleB
07-10-06, 01:44 PM
Yes Sir!!!! I just got tired of it, but if you guys aren't then OK. HAHA I changed my avatar back the other day and I got a PM from "Management" telling me to change it back, or else!

DBA-One
07-10-06, 01:48 PM
Sweet. I always look twice at that picture.

LittleB
07-10-06, 01:53 PM
Awesome! :D

Elvis
07-10-06, 05:23 PM
The problem is that I wanted them. I didn't know she didn't.

On one hand, kids are damn expensive and we have a really good life without them.

On the other hand, who's going to take care of me when I'm drueling and peeing all over myself? I'll probably end up in some nursing home with people abusing me and trying to kill me so they can cash in my estate and sell my room to another drueling idiot.

DBA-One
07-10-06, 05:32 PM
Of course having kids doesn't assure they will take care of you when your time comes but I'll take my chances!

JimHare
07-10-06, 08:16 PM
First off, Elvis - it's "DROOLING idiot"... :histeric: - Sorry, couldn't resist. No offense, my friend.

There have been some interesting comments in the thread about children, responsibility, etc etc..all quite good, thoughtful, and literate (well, except for Elvis misspelling "drooling"... lol).

As one of (but not THE) senior members of the firm here, I probably approach this with a somewhat different point of view than many of you young curs in your late teens and early 20s.

I was never big on the fatherhood thing, through my 20s with the first wife, and she was too caught up in career to really want them - but by the time she hit 30 or so, her Catholic guilt and the fecundity being demonstrated so abruptly around us by friends and relatives shamed her in to wanting children...but not with me, evidently. Thus the first divorce.

The second wife, about 6 years later, wanted kid(s), but was willing to wait until the job and housing situation became settled after we got married. She got out of her fast food job, got a degree, and got a job at the same electric utility I used to work at. We had enough income to buy a nice house. I had no more excuses, so I ended up becoming a father for the first (and only, so far as I know) time at the tender age of 42. I have to say that looking at my son as he came out of the ward for the first time, about 15 minutes old, was one of those life-changing experiences.

However, what I was not prepared for was the somewhat disconcerting change that took place in the marriage-partner. She had her baby..her good job..her new minivan..her dog..her nice house..and me. In about that pecking order... to make a long story short, divorce #2 six years after Justin arrived...not a happy time.

Soon-to-be-Wife #3 Melissa has a 21 year old daughter. She also has had a hysterectomy...safe at last....

What I'm trying to say here is that it's very easy for a young ( < 30 ) person to not be particulary attuned to child-rearing yet. But very very very very few women hit 30 without the end result of 4 milion years of evolution kicking in there somewhere - they HAVE to have a baby. It's wired into them.

Guys, all I can say is that for the most part, having a child is a good thing, IF they turn out well. Luckily, ours got all my GOOD genes, and none of my bad ones :) So you'll have to determine whether or not you'd want a miniature YOU running around the house....

Here's a pic of my kid at summer camp last year...not even 12 yet (next Saturday) but gets straight A's, is two merit badges short of a LIFE Scout, and plays the drums and guitar, and the PS/2, of course....

LittleB
07-10-06, 08:53 PM
AWWWWWWWWW JIM he is sooooooooooo cute!!!! Yeah there is something about age 30 that suddenly changes a woman's mind. It's the biological clock ticking-now or never!!!!!!! LOL Also congrats on #3, hopefully it is the last :thumbsup: Best wishes!

Florian
07-10-06, 11:10 PM
Jim,
That kid is gonna get some major ass in his time. What a handsome young lad...

F

addison_ii
07-11-06, 01:55 AM
Jim,
That kid is gonna get some major ass in his time. What a handsome young lad...

F :histeric: ROFL@Florian

JimHare
07-11-06, 08:10 AM
I know..like I said, he got my GOOD genes.. LOL :dance:

Elvis
07-11-06, 06:52 PM
First off, Elvis - it's "DROOLING idiot"... :histeric: - Sorry, couldn't resist. No offense, my friend.

It is indeed a rare occurrence when I get caught like that. My hat is off to Mr. Hare.

And kudos on the offspring. Nice looking kid. :thumbsup: