Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Ats-v hood

30K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  leorules 
#1 ·
Just purchased a 2015 ats and I was wondering if the ats-v hood would be a direct fit or is there a design difference that would prevent me from putting it on. If anyone knows Id appreciate it, thanks. Also would the dealer be the only source to get the hood?! As I haven't found them anywhere on the Internet

#9 ·
You will encounter the same problems with this mod that the 2nd generation CTS owners did swapping the base hood out for the V series hood. You will need to swap the front bumper panel also. The V hood will not line up correctly with the base front bumper panel (i.e., V upper air induct vent, V upper hood curve vs base hood curve around upper grille/vent, etc.).

#14 ·
A lot of the 2nd gen CTS people found that the V hood fit just fine. There was a small gap at the front of the hood that most said was not noticeable. I still think the hood itself will work, only a new bumper if you want the grill.
Yes, you're right...those who were willing to be satisfied with the noticeable fitment gaps between the two panels made the mod work for them.

#17 ·
the entire hood is CF, same with the CTS-V. It doesn't seem light due to the bracing that's still added for safety reasons. When you buy a typical CF hood from a vendor, the bracing is not quite as extensive as what they would do from an OEM. Plus I believe the underside is a composite shell/cover. I haven't looked closely at the underside yet, but I know in talking to my sales rep there was a customer who t-boned someone with his new CTS-V and the hood was some outrageous price. The damage was minimal (chip in the hood, bumper, grill and misc pieces) and the total was almost $20K just because the hood had to be replaced, could not be repaired.

#20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.