: 0% for 72 Months / I just had to do it!

CVP33
07-08-06, 10:23 AM
Monday we took advantage of the 0% financing for 72 months. My son and I bought a new HHR. Couldn't beat the deal. He's been saving his money from his part-time job and I knew we'd never find money cheaper than 0% so we pulled the trigger. Surprisingly nice vehicle for the money. I'm 6' and found the driver's seat very comfortable and I could even sit behind myself with leg/knee room. We ended up with the base LS out the door around $16K and a payment slightly over $215 per month.

Also looked at a Cobalt, but to option is up the way the HHR's come at base put the stickers within $500 of one another. I also believe the HHR will have a better resale due to the new model and niche market. If anyone's considering an economical vehicle, you need to take a look at these things. Here's a quick list from memory:

Power Steering
Power Brakes
Power Windows
Power Mirrors
Power Locks
Cruise Control
Automatic
Air
Tilt
CD Player with input and MP3
Remote start

Forgot to mention that it actually rides very nice. Feels much larger than it is. :thumbsup:

Elvis
07-08-06, 12:01 PM
I'm also impressed by the HHR.

We need pics, please. :thumbsup:

thebigjimsho
07-08-06, 12:55 PM
They had an HHR at the Pro Football HOF last summer and I was really surprised how nice of a vehicle it was. Worlds better than a PT Crapper, IMO!

CVP33
07-08-06, 01:24 PM
We were very surprised at how far GM has come. The interior is very nice for an econo model and the new Radio/HVAC controls feel much better than the ol' GM stuff. No pictures yet, unfortunately I found a defect in the paint on one of the doors so I'm having them repaint it. Should have it back Monday or Tuesday. Here's the model and color we bought.

EXTERIOR:
http://images.autobytel.com/cyber/160321/i6S506445_1.jpg

INTERIOR:
http://www.dealerclearanceservices.com/bresee3/1f4580e00.jpg

SoCadillac
07-08-06, 02:45 PM
CVP33,

I am surprised you did not opt for the new Dodge Caliber. I'm not much into retro, but the HHR is well done for what it is.

CVP33
07-08-06, 02:56 PM
CVP33,

I am surprised you did not opt for the new Dodge Caliber. I'm not much into retro, but the HHR is well done for what it is.

Thought about the Caliber but it has come in last in every comparo I've read. We recently road in a rented one and it wasn't bad, but it doesn't come close to the HHR in ammenities for the price though. Also the ECO TEC motors are virtually indestructable. These are regularly upped to 800+HP for Bonneville duty and somehow they hold together. I also believe the resale on the HHR will be stronger.

Spittin Game
07-08-06, 04:20 PM
0% for 72 months? Damn thats nice!

SoCadillac
07-08-06, 04:37 PM
Thought about the Caliber but it has come in last in every comparo I've read. We recently road in a rented one and it wasn't bad, but it doesn't come close to the HHR in ammenities for the price though. Also the ECO TEC motors are virtually indestructable. These are regularly upped to 800+HP for Bonneville duty and somehow they hold together. I also believe the resale on the HHR will be stronger.

Yes, all good points. I do think the HHR catches your eye wherever it's parked. I do like the euro style interior with the switches where they reside on the console.

thebigjimsho
07-08-06, 08:24 PM
Thought about the Caliber but it has come in last in every comparo I've read. We recently road in a rented one and it wasn't bad, but it doesn't come close to the HHR in ammenities for the price though. Also the ECO TEC motors are virtually indestructable. These are regularly upped to 800+HP for Bonneville duty and somehow they hold together. I also believe the resale on the HHR will be stronger.I'm getting tired of DaimlerChrysler making everything as bold as possible. You live by the sword, you shall die by the sword. They get rid of the cutesy Neon and replace it with the trucklooking but not a truck Calibur. I think it looks horrible. And the new Sebring, while not having the trucklike edges of the Calibur, do have the same basic bodylines. You milk it too much, when the well runs dry, you're in trouble.

CVP33
07-08-06, 10:13 PM
I'm getting tired of DaimlerChrysler making everything as bold as possible. You live by the sword, you shall die by the sword. They get rid of the cutesy Neon and replace it with the trucklooking but not a truck Calibur. I think it looks horrible. And the new Sebring, while not having the trucklike edges of the Calibur, do have the same basic bodylines. You milk it too much, when the well runs dry, you're in trouble.

I'm with you on this one. In pictures the Caliber looks livable. In person it's not so hot. Now the Sebring? I think they ran out of creativity all together. That thing just flat out sucks. I can't find a redeeming line on that car or a view that doesn't look like ass.

Spock
07-09-06, 01:13 AM
I must agree as well about the Calibre, the HHR is far better looking. Chrysler is promoting the "bad arse" image a little too far. "Look at me I have a speaker that folds down from the hatch!". When the hell am I going to use that? Tail gate parties without a truck is just pointless! (or a delightful b-body station wagon. Impala, bring back that ol' lovin' feelin')

Elvis
07-09-06, 07:53 AM
"Bold as possible" is a good way to put it. And I agree, that eventually comes back to bite you in the ass.

On the other hand, GM and Ford have historically been way to conservative. It's good to see them climbing out on a limb every now and then.

Spock
07-09-06, 06:48 PM
Something like the Sunfire, whose interior looks so childish compared to the older 80's GM is what comes to my mind, there isn't any chrome, or good colour accents. The radio looks like it is from a Fisher Price toy. Ok I should stop bashing my moms car now. *mumbles* should have gotten a Hyundai.