: Lexus LX470 test drive

Lord Cadillac
07-06-06, 07:56 PM
As I've mentioned before, it's kinda small inside. It's only a mid-size SUV - but the salesmen don't seem to realize that. They hype up how BIG it is before you get in. Maybe that's just to give you the perception that it's bigger than it really is. Afterall, they don't have a full-size SUV yet - this is the closest thing to it.

This SUV is ultra-refined.. Very, very quiet inside, VERY, very soft riding - like the LS430. NO POWER. I think the Lincoln Navigator is quicker. This thing is SLOW. But VERY nice and comfortable inside..

But for $70k, this has got to be the biggest waste of money SUV on the market. No heated or air conditioned seats. No power liftgate. No power rear seats. No this, that and the other thing. Every time I asked "does it have?" I got a "no". This is a $55k SUV - no more...

Jesda
07-07-06, 12:57 PM
With the way this monster sits in our garage, I cant believe how small it is inside. I -cannot- ride in it without vomiting. For family outings, I have to sit in the front or take my Infiniti separately. My folks traded in their last one, paid cash for the difference with all the doodads and whizbangs totalling a little over $80k. Lame.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-07-06, 03:58 PM
$80,000 for a freaking LX470?!

Jesda, what about that car makes you sick riding in it? My friend got the same feeling when we were test driving a '94 Town Car.

Lord Cadillac
07-07-06, 04:48 PM
Lexus really is insane to price this SUV the way it does. The Escalade is what - $65k? If people buy the Lexus for $80k, Cadillac can sell the Escalade for $95k.. Just don't say that too loudly...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-07-06, 05:05 PM
$80,000 can almost buy one a M5 and almost will get you a S550, 750iL or an A8L

Jesda
07-08-06, 08:07 AM
A lot of Lexus buyers are image-conscious professionals who know nothing about cars. They tend to enjoy bragging about what they paid, so the price tag doesn't bother them so much. I suppose there's people of this type in the MB camp as well.

"I got an 80,000 dollar Lexus"

My counter: "I got a $1300 Infiniti, and its quicker." :D

Jesda
07-08-06, 08:10 AM
$80,000 for a freaking LX470?!

Jesda, what about that car makes you sick riding in it? My friend got the same feeling when we were test driving a '94 Town Car.

I suspect it could be because its a truck and its unknowingly bouncy, but it shouldnt be -that- bad in the middle row. I think the somberness of the ride and lack of any outside sensations do something to me. My dad's Celebrity Wagon did that when I was a kid.

After an hour, I have to open the window and lean out in preparation for a hurl (wouldnt that be nice for the paint). Soon as we stop and I get out, I feel great.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-08-06, 01:42 PM
A lot of Lexus buyers are image-conscious professionals who know nothing about cars. They tend to enjoy bragging about what they paid, so the price tag doesn't bother them so much. I suppose there's people of this type in the MB camp as well.

That sounds about right. Same with Toyota buyers. Take my mother for example. She doesn't know very much at all about cars, she's in real estate so she needs a car that projects an image of success with out being too flashy or ostentations, hence the Toyota Highlander.