: I hate people

codewize
07-06-06, 07:07 PM
So I'd really like to meat the people that ding my car and don't have the balls to say something. I'm 6 months into a car and the friggin thing has 2 obvious dents in it already.

What the hell is wrong with people. And why is it that I drove my STS for 12 year and never got a scratch on it. I swear if I ever see a person that hits the car I will kill them on the spot just to make up for all the a holes that did it before him.
:want:

Rolex
07-06-06, 07:13 PM
I empathize with you my friend. I caught a guy opening his door onto my truck when I was in college and returned the favor with extreme prejudice (while he watched). People, in general, are inconsiderate of others' vehicles....or at least in-attentive.

Pretty frustrating stuff....remember it can be fixed.

Spyder
07-06-06, 07:20 PM
Careful with that K word though...sure can getcha in trouble nowadays, with all the suehappy sons of b's out there...not that I don't understand and agree, but just be careful with it in public. :) Good luck with catching the next a-holes that do it.

codewize
07-06-06, 07:44 PM
Yeah I know it can be fixed but it's not the same as virgin paint. I agree with the K word thing. I was just pretty ticked. I'd much rather pull out a bat and smash all the guys windows and send him on his way :)

I really wish just once I could catch someone do it.

UNCLLUIE
07-06-06, 08:03 PM
Not everyone is evil! THe doors on my ETC are massive! I park between a Honda Accord Coupe and a Civic coupe( I know, the people in my Co-op have no taste!). I let my boyfriend out before I pull in to the spot, and then I am very careful to not wing the Accord. The owner of the Civic seems to be cool people as I haven't noticed any dings in my door on that side.

Having said that, they both prbably remember the NRA and George W stickers on my last car! :)

Lord Cadillac
07-06-06, 08:17 PM
I can't stand people like that either. I park so far away in parking lots because of this. I don't park next to anyone. Unless I get an end spot and go right up against the curb. I still rush to get back to my car before some moron parks right on top of me anyway. I'm nuts about dings. I have them taken out as soon as I see them..

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-06-06, 08:40 PM
I try and park alone too, problem there is it may draw a bit of negative attention to that car "hey look at him, he thinks his car is so great" type of stuff. But I suppose if you park in the lines nobody will make a big deal about it.

codewize
07-06-06, 08:55 PM
What methods do you use to have them removed?

I can't stand people like that either. I park so far away in parking lots because of this. I don't park next to anyone. Unless I get an end spot and go right up against the curb. I still rush to get back to my car before some moron parks right on top of me anyway. I'm nuts about dings. I have them taken out as soon as I see them..

DILLIGAF
07-06-06, 10:43 PM
Part of the problem is small friggen parking places.I hate when I park in the sticks and some douch bag in a pos parks next to me instead of the 20 other empty spaces.I had to get a ding removed from my car because I was sick of my g friend bitching about having to walk a little extra.She'll ask me to let her off at the door or shut the h$ll up after my car got the because of HER ding.I have accidently hit a car or 2 with my door because of wind,but did no damage.I park next to a nice car=extra,extra carefull

PAULSTSMAN1
07-06-06, 10:49 PM
I don't park next to Eldorados, Camaros, or Firebirds...their doors are so huge that they can't help hitting you.

Rolex
07-06-06, 10:59 PM
I don't park next to Eldorados, Camaros, or Firebirds...their doors are so huge that they can't help hitting you.

Truthfully I try to park next to vehicles of equal or greater value to my Escalade. Otherwise I try to park in a secluded spot, and NEVER take up 2 spots. Using 2 spots offends 99% of people and draws too much [negative] attention to your vehicle IMO.

I can understand where RP64 is coming from with the g-friend thing. My wife insists I park as close to the door of the store/restaurant/etc as possible, and gives me tons of grief when I don't.

Stoneage_Caddy
07-06-06, 11:30 PM
yeah im on a first name basis with paul the dent guy ....i think ive kept his little kid in a new powerwheels escalde for a year now ....

codewize
07-06-06, 11:51 PM
I wish I had a Paul. I'm trying to contact a local paintless dent guy.

gdwriter
07-07-06, 01:30 AM
Could be worse. I recently put two lovely dings in the rear passenger side door trying to pull my lawnmower out of the garage between the two cars. D'oh!

Next time, pull the car out first, dumbass.

http://gdwriter.q45.org/wheels/ethel.jpg

ewill3rd
07-07-06, 08:28 AM
A couple of stories....

I was in my wife's truck one night downtown where we used to live, waiting for her to do something... this lady pulls up in a camaro and throws the friggin door open, with me sitting in the truck!
She totally just slammed the thing into the side of my wife's truck looked right at me and just walked away, didn't even TRY to apologize.
When my wife came back out I told her what happened, we let the air out of all her tires for her in an effort to educate her.
(that was when I was younger and a little froggier)

My wife took my car to school one day, my old oldsmobile.. man I loved that car... anyway, it was in pristene shape. She parked it over by the college and went in for a few hours, it was parallel parked behind a row of head in parking at an apartment complex. She came back to it and some Jack**s had backed out and pushed in the driver's door and then drove away without even leaving a note or anything!
I had the door skin replaced at my dealership and they did a great job, although they installed a horrible wind noise... anyway it was a small town, I was driving to work one day and I saw a car that had 3 marks the same color as my car, the same level as the 3 row panel that was on my door!
I followed that witch and confronted her, nicely of course, well she emphatically denied that her car hit mine even though the lines and the color matched perfectly! I also got in trouble at work because when I confronted her I was in my uniform.
She said they drove into a car in Branson in a parking lot, total crap because the accident she made up wouldn't have even made a mark like that.
Anyway I saw the car a week later and she had gotten it fixed so there was no evidence.

Sadly... it was Karma from something I had done to a car when I was a teenager. I backed my pickup truck front bumper down the side of a really beautiful Monte Carlo and I backed out and drove away.
Wish I could take that one back.

Hindsight is 20/20 isn't it?

Sandy
07-07-06, 09:35 AM
In in 1972, My Mom took her brandy new Coupe deVille to a small parking lot to do like 30 minutes of shopping. When she returned there was a big (size of a baseball) deep dent in her back bumper, which was also shoved up into the lower lip of the trunk lid. Then, she noticed a rather large note under her windshield wiper. The note read:
""I backed up and backed into your car. I hit it pretty hard. I didn't mean to do it. It was an accident. People saw me do it, so I am writing this so that they think that I am giving you my name/address/phone number....but I ain't ! Tough Siht ! ""

Signed:

Smart Gal, here.

Frost
07-07-06, 11:11 AM
Due to an unfortunate incident back in 1994, I now have a handicapped sticker that puts me into parking spaces that are slightly wider than the norm. And the other drivers that use those spots are somewhat more cautious when they open their doors anyway - either more cautious, or they simply can't swing their doors open without a care in the world like the vast majority of boneheads out there.

Mind you, parking on the street leaves me just as vulnerable as everyone else. And what I've seen some people do would make your hair curl!!!

tstach
07-07-06, 11:47 AM
The best solution I found is to park out - way out in the parking lots. There's always someone else with a nice vehicle parking out there as well. It's kind of like the unofficial "no ding zone" club. We all silently recognize each others intentions and reason for parking where we do.

Most people seem to want to park as close as they can, so there is always plenty of room farther out. Plus, you'll get a little more exercise...

EcSTSatic
07-07-06, 11:49 AM
Due to an unfortunate incident back in 1994, I now have a handicapped sticker that puts me into parking spaces that are slightly wider than the norm. And the other drivers that use those spots are somewhat more cautious when they open their doors anyway - either more cautious, or they simply can't swing their doors open without a care in the world like the vast majority of boneheads out there.

Mind you, parking on the street leaves me just as vulnerable as everyone else. And what I've seen some people do would make your hair curl!!!

Huh. I think that those spots are better only because they are wider - not due to the people in the cars. My father-in-law has a handicap sticker also. He swings his door way out so he can manage his bum hip. When I drive him, I'm always telling him to be careful with the door or let me come around and hold it. IMO, I think senior citizens in general are more likely not to care. Or if they do, they just can't help it.
I always park far away or by cars with short doors. You can't judge the other the driver/passenger by the car they have. Then there's those *&^%$# kids! :want:

Night Wolf
07-07-06, 11:56 AM
I try and park alone too, problem there is it may draw a bit of negative attention to that car "hey look at him, he thinks his car is so great" type of stuff. But I suppose if you park in the lines nobody will make a big deal about it.

Thats when you park sideways and take up 4 spots.

Park normal, out in the middle of a parking lot, my favorite is one that is right next to one of the little islands, and I get really close to the curb... its a little more of a walk, but its a good thing.... and Aimee understands and dosn't mind either... thats cool.

I only witnessed it once, I was in my Oldsmobile, it was raining hard and a guy in a pickup hit his door into the car... I was in the car... it hit the chrome trim over the left rear wheel (same as on the C-body DeVille's) and actually put a dent in it... at the time I sideswiped the telephone poll and the paint was all peeling and stuff... and it was raining hard... I shoulda said something tho.

codewize
07-07-06, 12:48 PM
Ecstsatic, I don't think it's so much the kids I think it's people with kids pushing the door open with there feet while they try to get the little bastards into the friggin car seat.

I guess kids are trouble all the way around. I'm glad I only have step-children that are grown because I would never survive raising a child. Of course then there is no one to carry on the empire....

EcSTSatic
07-07-06, 01:27 PM
Ecstsatic, I don't think it's so much the kids I think it's people with kids pushing the door open with there feet while they try to get the little bastards into the friggin car seat.

I guess kids are trouble all the way around. I'm glad I only have step-children that are grown because I would never survive raising a child. Of course then there is no one to carry on the empire....

I'm in the same situation. We have about a dozen God-children, but none of our own. We're DINKs. We used to be SINKs but my wife went back to work.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-07-06, 01:29 PM
Well as long as we are on the topic of horseshit park jobs, I have a bit of a funny story...

My buddies and I are at the local best buy getting a CD or something, and on our way out, we see this really beat up late '80s Lesabre driven by some wiggers, with rap music just BLARING out of the car, "f this and f that blah blah blah" and there are kids in this parking lot and stuff. So she jams this car into a spot in the front, takes up like 3 spaces and all of them shuffle off into the store, so I go into my car, take a notepad and write "nice park job" and I draw a smiley face on it, then slapped it under her windsheild wiper so she sees it when she gets back into the car then walk back into my car and drove off.

That was pretty funny I thought.

codewize
07-13-06, 10:58 PM
Woo Hoo. The paintless dent guy I called just so happens to go to the dealer where I purchsed the car every Wed. I guess they charge by the panel and not the dent.

I think it was just under $100 per panel. Does that sound right to anyone?

Thanks

Benzilla
07-14-06, 12:01 AM
That sounds great to me! nobody where I live cares about dents, so no paintless dent removal people. and I have a couple from parking lots.

And whenever I catch somebody in the act, 5 foot long doors that seem to run around 500 lbs each are always a nice thing to have on hand, you know, to even things out...

davesdeville
07-14-06, 07:23 AM
Just park sideways across 8 handicap spaces like I do, no one else can park there so I CAN'T get dinged. Getting keyed is another matter.

(JK I don't actually park like that,)

Elvis
07-14-06, 11:35 AM
it's people with kids pushing the door open with there feet while they try to get the little bastards into the friggin car seat.

I see it at least once a week. Some kid pops the latch on the back door and uses their foot to shove the door open without even looking. CLUNK!

That's one good thing about minivans. Power-sliding doors.