: armrest

07-06-06, 05:29 PM
Hello, I would like to replace the armrest only portion of the drivers door(it's
starting to split) it's a 80 dev. coupe,is the arm rest the same size in the sedan as in the coupe,I spoke to an upholstery person ,he said he can not get the same molded design as the original if he was to replace it. I seen a picture of a sedan armrest, it seems to run the full size of the door, where as
the coupe only runs 3/4 of length of door,(longer door) so maybe sedan and coupe are the same size. Tnx Creeker

07-06-06, 10:59 PM
There was a NOS pair that just sold on eBay this week. They went for $75 plus $15 shipping. Just spray the color you want and you are good to go. Keep looking, there might just be another pair on there. Parts like this, are going to be hard to find and I doubt that anyone will tool up to reproduce these in the future. Get them while you can, because one day, they will all be gone.. Junk....

07-06-06, 11:37 PM
You can get them aftermarket. They're on ebay sometimes. ALso look in junk yards because it shouldn't be too hard to find those 80s ones and even if it's not the same colour as long as it's in good condition you can paint it.

07-06-06, 11:53 PM
tnx for your replies,what I really wanted to know is are the armrests the same size for both the sedan and the coupe?. tnx Creeker

07-06-06, 11:54 PM
forgot to ask,these are vinyl, do they take paint?. tnx

07-07-06, 12:00 AM
I don't know if they're the same size or not. The easiest way to figure that out is to either find a 4 door one around somewhere to look at or goto the junk yard and find one. And yeah theres a special kind of paint for it. Goto a paint store and tell them what you're doing and they can make it for you.

07-07-06, 11:38 PM

Here are pics of the armrests from my Fleetwood Brougham Coupe and Sedan deVille.

The coupe armrest appears much longer than the sedan armrest. Hope this helps.


07-08-06, 11:14 AM
Bro-ham, thanks for your help,your pictures almost look like their reversed as to which car they belong to.the one where the armrest fills the length of the door looks like the sedan to me. also ,is the rear armrest on the sedan the same as the front,odds are any front ones I find are going to be worn also, but rear ones would get less use. Tnx again for your help.

07-08-06, 11:42 AM
Hi Creeker,

The leather door panel is the coupe and the cloth one is the sedan. The Coupe armrest is much longer. Good luck finding one. By the way, my Fleetwood Brougham Coupe is still available on the "Cadillac Classifieds" by clicking on the upper right hand corner of your screen on this forum. Help find a home for it!

Thanks and good luck!


07-08-06, 12:06 PM
thanks Bro-ham, Creeker

07-08-06, 07:58 PM
Or you could just do what the last owner of my Phaeton coupe did, he had the armrests padded and covered in leather, it feels really nice, and every piece of plastic you get rid of the better.