: Borla vs Corsa and others

codewize
07-04-06, 10:22 PM
So I'm wondering why people choose the cat back systems they do. I have an 01 DTS and was wondering what peoples opinions are on the different companies systems.

Performance, sound, price?

slk230mb
07-05-06, 08:16 AM
Corsa is officially licensed by GM. Also, Corsa has no resonance or vibration problems.

codewize
07-05-06, 10:56 AM
Good enough for me

Thanks

eldorado1
07-05-06, 12:45 PM
does corsa sell just their mufflers?

96Fleetwood
07-05-06, 01:20 PM
I picked Borla for my Fleetwood just because of the lifetime warranty, proven horsepower numbers, and refined sound :thumbsup:

codewize
07-05-06, 02:06 PM
I haven't looked but I don't see why they wouldn't.

does corsa sell just their mufflers?

CadillacSTS42005
07-05-06, 02:32 PM
nope just kits i emailed them askin for a the Y back from an sts kit for my etc to try and save a bit but they refused.

Shaggy
07-05-06, 03:09 PM
With the Corsa, does the exhaust have a relatively normal volume until you walk on it? I dont really want a car that roars when I'm pulling in and out of my driveway, or you need to turn up the radio on the highway, but when I walk away from someone at a set of lights...

codewize
07-05-06, 03:29 PM
Go to the Corsa website and listen to the sound sample for your car. It is my understanding that the car will be noticeably louder throughout the throttle range. Not obnoxious at idle or cruising but noticeably louder.

With the Corsa, does the exhaust have a relatively normal volume until you walk on it? I don't really want a car that roars when I'm pulling in and out of my driveway, or you need to turn up the radio on the highway, but when I walk away from someone at a set of lights...

danbuc
07-05-06, 03:32 PM
It's pretty quiet when just tooling around local streets. Once you open it up though, it turns into an animal.