: STS Sales Are not Bad

cmicasa
07-04-06, 08:04 PM
Quick point to make on this tho...The STS is selling decently when compared to the M, GS, and RL...

As of May STS sales have been 9,884 vs the Infiniti (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#) M @ 11,116, the GS @ 9,578 (V6) and 1,724 (V8)= 11,302 , the RL @4,680 and the A6 @ 7,636.

I mean seriously the whole Luxo market in this class has been hit with every one of these cars named above suffering from a drop in sales under last year...
(Could it be them all requiring PREMIUM gas may have something to do with it)

Not making excuses, just saying that I don't understand why the STS is supposed to be a failure, yet the Audi A6 (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#) and RL are considered HITS...(well maybe not the RL)..

Also doesn't the STS normally sell more V8s as well as cost slightly more than most of it's competition...

Here is an interesting piece of info tho.. The Lexus GS sold 2200 units in June. While the STS sold 2565. The GS's number include the GS300, GS430, and the GS450h....in other news...the Acura RL sold 980 units....980? Onec again I don't have numbers for the M...due to the fact that Infiniti sales were down 20%......Damn the CTS still sold 6300 units despite the fact that it is the OLDEST car in Caddy line up. Even I'm sick of looking at this model...BRING ON THE 2008s.

ARTSBEST
07-05-06, 09:36 AM
Sales are NOT bad? Excuse me but sales are PATHETIC. I was told by a dealer I'm negotiating with that they're only getting WORST. That's why GM has a $5K+ rebate on this unit. The car is TOO small looking is what he said was the biggest gripe. That and the STS resembles the CTS and those with big bucks wouldn't get caught dead in a CTS. All the while, he was shaking his head in disgust at such pretentiousness. I agree 100%.

Jesda
07-05-06, 11:21 AM
Sales are NOT bad? Excuse me but sales are PATHETIC.

The sales numbers seem to disagree?

Benjamin Simon
07-05-06, 01:32 PM
Pathetic? While I might agree they are now stellar, but pathetic??? That is a strong word. What would be acceptable 15000 units???

b4z
07-05-06, 02:33 PM
My 2 STS Observations:

1)When the DTS came out STS sales dropped like a brick.

2)Interior room:
The STS doesn't really have that much more room than CTS.
I actually feel like I have more front seat spread out leg room in the CTS.

This has happened at GM many times before.
The Aurora was supposed to be bigger than the Intrigue, but the Intrigue had more usable people room.

I looked at both the CTS and STS and bought the SRX because of greater front seat leg area and much more back seat legroom.

ARTSBEST
07-05-06, 04:19 PM
B4z, you said exactly what I tried to convey. Room in the STS vs CTS is NOT worth another $10K+. The STS/CTS from a distance look like clones. I do not know what sales numbers are acceptable but all 3 dealers I got quotes from (in person not via the internet) spoke universally about why the STS is NOT a winner for Cadillac. Great car however. That's why I'm trying to buy one for my wife but you got to agree the car looks like a bigger CTS.

malcolm
07-05-06, 04:49 PM
My 2 cents, if the DTS was available in 05 I probably would have gone for it. To be honest I am not that thrilled with any of the recent Caddys but I am a die hard fan and intend to stick around through the bad times and hope for some future great cars from Cadillac. Sooner or later GM is going to wake up and start building the kind of cars that will make Cadillac what it used to be, a high end premium luxury car.

cmicasa
07-05-06, 09:53 PM
B4z, you said exactly what I tried to convey. Room in the STS vs CTS is NOT worth another $10K+. The STS/CTS from a distance look like clones. I do not know what sales numbers are acceptable but all 3 dealers I got quotes from (in person not via the internet) spoke universally about why the STS is NOT a winner for Cadillac. Great car however. That's why I'm trying to buy one for my wife but you got to agree the car looks like a bigger CTS.

So did the 3 series and 5 series last generation...

Jesda
07-06-06, 06:12 AM
The Q45 had less rear seat room than the I30, but dont tell anyone. :D

When people go for a midsize luxury car, they want something that's more mature, more refined, and more comfortable. Edgy doesnt usually sell the middle child. The interior quality upgrade from the CTS is TREMENDOUS, there's a lot more luxury, and of course there's the option of a smooth Northstar V8 and AWD.

Benjamin Simon
07-06-06, 09:39 AM
i am not sure if the STS is really $10 K more than the CTS when you get about the same options. For instance, when you upgrade to the 3.6, 17 in rims, and auto you are at a msrp of $37K oppose to $42K for about the same options msrp on the STS. i have driven both, the STS is worth the $5K. Not only is larger, but you have some options that are not on the CTS ie. ultrasonic parking and remote start. I can sit in the STS fine, but my head rubs the ceiling on the CTS.

ARTSBEST
07-06-06, 02:23 PM
I looked at all the "angles" regarding a CTS vs STS. Saw a few CTS with the sports PKG that stickered out OVER $40K. The crimson pearl one was over $42K. The low optioned V-6 STS is around the same price as you pointed out. The recent rebate on the STS was $2K MORE (in fact it was $3K more on the quote I received on the V-8 model) than the CTS. So the price differential between the two models did in fact favour the V-6 STS. Once you get into the V-8 STS however, that $10K difference I referred to comes into play.