: Can't find a part for my BB Mopar.

Spyder
07-03-06, 12:28 PM
I don't need them, so much as want them. I have seen in the past some pretty damned cool looking billet intake end rails for a big block chrysler. Now I can't seem to find the damned things. The ones I have are functional, but not at all pretty. I've tried summit, ebay, the paddock, year one and I've altavista'd ever variation of the words "mopar intake end rails" and can't find them. Any ideas?

PAW 47
07-03-06, 01:33 PM
This for the Challenger?? What size motor?. And have you asked the guys over at Allpar.com yet?

Spyder
07-03-06, 05:13 PM
Allpar, no. It's a fairly stout 440, and yea, for the Challenger. It's totally ready to go in the car. Wednesday I have off of work, I'm going to throw the intake, timing cover, oil pan and all the other crap on it, then it'll be ready to drop in, whenever I can find the time. I'll try Allpar for those intake gasket hold downs. I think part of the problem is I don't know what their "real" name is. I've seen them called end rails and hold downs and such, but I'm not sure exactly what they SHOULD be called. I shall check Allpar now though...thanks!

terrible one
07-03-06, 06:34 PM
Hey Spyder,

No clue on the rails but do you have any pics of your Chally?

Spyder
07-03-06, 06:57 PM
Yea, once I get the motor done with all the finishing touches I'm working on now, I'll get some shots up here...car itself is nothing to look at just yet, but the engine bay is puurrrrrty and the engine itself will be rather nice once I get all the accessories bolted on and polished up...but I need to find the damned end rails before I can put the intake on!

terrible one
07-03-06, 06:59 PM
Cool deal man. I'm sure everything about it looks better than the Charger. Under the hood will be my first stop for sure! I put up a topic asking for sources for those rails at the Charger forums, and I'll post any info I get.

Spyder
07-04-06, 12:56 PM
Sweet, thanks!

terrible one
07-04-06, 02:54 PM
Alright, someone said manciniracing.com has some aluminum ones, plain or with "440 MOPAR" engraved in them.

I went on there not having a clue what end rails are, and found these. Are they what you were looking for? http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/alvatrendpl.html

The plain ones would look real nice if you polished them.

Spyder
07-05-06, 04:19 AM
Perfect. Thinking I'm going to have to go with the engraved ones...will think more on it, over the checkbook, tomorrow. Thanks!

terrible one
07-05-06, 04:48 AM
No problem man. Glad to help, and looking forward to some pics!

PAW 47
07-05-06, 02:03 PM
This may sound silly.. but why not just get them done in the color your done/going to do the motor in. Thus, giving it a bit of contrast. Unless your going with a high-rise will you really see them under the air cleaner.

Besides 6 packs are sweet looking in blue :)

http://www.allpar.com/images/plymouth/roadrunner/rr440sixpack.jpg

Spyder
07-05-06, 02:09 PM
Nah...the block and heads are Hemi Orange. The valley pan is semi gloss black. The intake and valve covers are a matched set, Offenhauser 360, polished. The end rails would be perfect polished to go with them. If I paint them the hemi orange, they'll blend in too much with the block, and if I paint them the same black, they'll not stand out at all with the valley pan. The front rail you can see, plain as day, on a BB Chrysler. The rear one, not so much...

Spyder
07-05-06, 02:12 PM
Oh yea...the oil pan is a zinc plated Moroso...The water pump and housing are going to be the same black as the valley pan, until I get an aluminum one, so it's gonna have some great colors...the engine bay is painted in the same black as the valley pan, but all the brackets and bolts are hemi orange...Being all black or all orange, whether its engine or engine bay, would just be too much of one color. You'll see when I get it put all together. It'll be nice. :)