: Time serts for sale

denscor
07-03-06, 09:51 AM
Hello I was wondering has anyone heard of this company before Custom Innovations they specialize in northstars! It might be too late to ask because I already bought a rebuilt motor from them on Ebay! Here it is!!!

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gifCustom Innovations has been specializing in Cadillac Northstar engines for years. We have used them in our own projects ranging from dune buggies to Fieros, with horsepower outputs from stock to 700hp! We are now pround to offer ramanufactured Northstar engines with warrantees. This auction is for the VIN 9, 300 hp version OR the vin Y, 275 version, years 93-99. Tell us about your application. The auction is for a complete longblock including heads, valve covers, flywheel, harmonic balancer, and spark plugs. Manifolds and accessories not inluded, but can be provided at an additional cost upon request. We also offer stand-alone engine management systems, and reprogrammed ECM's.

Our engines include the following new parts

Main and Rod Bearings

Piston Rings

Timing Components

Oil Pump

Overhaul Gasket Set

Quality Brand Name Parts

Clevite

Hastings

Sealed Power

Silvolite

TRW

Melling

Victor

Felpro

Remanufacturing Includes

Block Bore

Crank Ground

Connecting Rods Reconditioned

Cylinder Heads Completely Reconditioned

Timesert cylinder head bolt threads

Warraty Information:
Custom Innovations warrants to the original retail purchaser for the time of 36 months from the date of purchase and/or 36,000 miles, that it will repair or replace, at its option, using new or remanufactured parts, this GM engine or partial engine, including partial engines in kits, that fail due to defect in material or workmanship. Coverage is for the cost of the parts only, labor cost not covered.

They also state that they have stand- along engine management and reprogrammed ECM's!

Now This brings up my next topic I no longer need my timesert kit I selling it for 350 obo (thats what I paid for it) if interested email me at denscor@charter.net or on here!! :thumbsup:

codewize
07-03-06, 10:29 AM
I've heard of them before. I have never dealt with them but I think they came up in a search while looking for Cadillac performance items. They've been around a while

That's all I know. Can I ask what you paid. That may be a good indication of what you're getting.

denscor
07-03-06, 01:22 PM
I won it on EBAY I gave 1601 plus shipping for it which was 1850 total . I called at the being of auction and asked what they sold for and I was told 2695 plus shipping! thought with 3years 36000 mile warranty i could not go wrong and with the new parts it was worth it! I was going to buy a used one with 78000 miles for 1000 plus 300 shipped and use timesert for 350 and while it was out put all new gasket kit for 300 so i would have had a total of 2000 in it with a motor with 78000 miles on it without no warranty! Hope I did right!! This below is the list from eBay auction they put on it!

Our engines include the following new parts

Main and Rod Bearings

Piston Rings

Timing Components

Oil Pump

Overhaul Gasket Set

Quality Brand Name Parts

Clevite

Hastings

Sealed Power

Silvolite

TRW

Melling

Victor

Felpro

Remanufacturing Includes

Block Bore

Crank Ground

Connecting Rods Reconditioned

Cylinder Heads Completely Reconditioned

Timesert cylinder head bolt threads

parts68
07-03-06, 07:17 PM
IM hoping they forgot to mention pistons as well as rings.
they do say they overbore the block but say nothing about oversize pistons.

denscor
07-06-06, 04:39 PM
Anyone interesested in a timesert kit? I would sell it for 300 plus shipping!!