: HID xenon lights on FWB

limo
07-02-06, 01:12 PM
I finally installed the HID xenon lights on my ´96 FWB (booth lights - high & low - 6000K). Was not so quick job as described on the box, because the DRL and no low-beam at high beam, but a wire-jumped switch and removed relay solved the bugs. I wired the ballast direct from the battery with an auxiliary relay-switched circuit (sold with the HID kit).
Now I can see... I hope the front lamps are HID-ready, I´m definitely.

N0DIH
07-02-06, 10:09 PM
Post some picts when you can!

Rick186
07-03-06, 08:52 AM
Would that kit from INNOVATIVE WIRING (as noted elsewhere on this BB) be a help in this case?

limo
07-03-06, 03:12 PM
I donīt know how the Innovativeīs kit exactly work, but seems it is the same kind of wiring as supplied in the HID box.

Two pics (but the reality is better, I try it again...)

216caddypimp
07-03-06, 03:51 PM
Hey Limo would Xenon lights work in my 91 Brougham? Are they better than the Silverstars that I see in Auto Stores? I asked, because usually those are only $20 each.

N0DIH
07-03-06, 05:06 PM
Silverstars suck, I tried them on my 94 FWB, they suck, they are so filtered for light, you don't get as much hitting the road. Lights with no coatings are best to actually SEE with, if you want look, Silverstars are ok, but for peformance, they stink.

GE Nighthawks kick butt in comparisson at a fraction of the cost.

216caddypimp
07-03-06, 08:28 PM
What are the general prices for the GE Nighthawks and HID Xenon lights? Are there any websites for these headlights?

limo
07-04-06, 07:10 AM
Each xenon kit is designed for specific bulb, the ī93 - ī96 have the 9006 and 9006 (sometimes marked as HB4 and HB3) so I changed this bulbs for the adequate Xenon Conversions. It depends on the bulb base. The xenon is working with 35 Volts but only 35W, in the box you have two power transformers (each bulb its own). Itīs simply to change - the old bulb out, xenon in, and you plug and fix to body the transformers (plug and play). It takes normally 15 minutes. (Not my FWB - see above).

If you have in the kit the direct-from-battery-wiring option, you can use it for better power, but I think, it is not necessary, because the xenon requires anyway less power.

N0DIH
07-04-06, 10:42 AM
Walmart prices when I bought:

SilverStarts $39.95
Nighthawks $26.95

Still hoping to get some 9011/9012's, but they are more like $40 each....

Time to design my own lights!

If someone wants to buy me a set of Nighthawks (low beams), I'll gladly send them my SilverStars. They maybe have 200 hours on them tops.

What are the general prices for the GE Nighthawks and HID Xenon lights? Are there any websites for these headlights?