Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What is causing this inside-edge tire wear?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  duneless 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD with 19" Lexani R3's. I love the wheels, but the tires are wearing prematurely on the inside edge. My Googling says this could be from too much positive camber, so I might need an alignment. There doesn't appear to be any feathering which would mean the toe is okay, correct? See the pictures below. Thoughts?

Also, I know Cadillac makes 19" OEM wheels. Do they have different alignment specs for these?

Wheels:
http://www.use.com/editset.pl?set=45123df1751be700dd15&p=2

See less See more
#4 ·
Ive needed 2 alignments on this car in close to 3 years now. When mine is out it always pulls to the left. And I sort of had your problem on my first alignment but the car needed it when I bought it. I run a 20in rim though And in that case with the wear almost like yours it just needed an alignment. You could feel the steering was weird. to easy turning one way and harder tuning the other. Because 1 tire was touching mostly on inside corner and not full contact laying flush. And make sure they have the replacement bolts before you bring it in. There are 1 time use bolts that should be replaced when proper alignment is done. At my dealer I was the first to have it done to an ATS and it took like 3 hours for them to complete. The last time was about an hour. The first one was so long I got that one for free. Just get an alignment and go from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.