: Quick question needing a quick answer :)

1990CaddyBrougham
07-01-06, 04:58 PM
Ok here goes. I found a guy locally on a back road next town over.. how i found this car or why id go this way to where i was goning is beyond me. (maby it was meant to be)(read on).. Anyways in his driveway he has sitting a 80-85 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham coupe. You can tell it has been sitting some time. It has the original spoke wheels with the castle grill.... I was like DAYYYYUMMM!! went up to his door to ask if it was avalible for purchase. He said he has it to take the back bumper off... then pointed to the driveway on the oppsite side of teh house to a 78 Coupe DeVille. He is looking to put the back bumper on, becasue the one on the 78 is trash (both cars a a bit "rough" ) THen he would be junking it. (my eyes lit up) :eek: :rolleyes: So i said i would be intrested and took a loook. Light bluewith a blue leather... needs paint and some minimal body worrk. Needs a new paded top ect. He said it runs beautiful. It has slight front end damge. ALl the trim arount the headlgihts are broken.. header back maby 1/4 inch. He doent know what year it was but said it didnt have the aluminum motor.. so he said.

Left my number and name..

What i need to know is if the back bumper on a 80-85 FWB coupe will fit a 78 Coupe. (hopefully no... but if so then thats ok) I dont really want to wait around fo rhim.. as i know by the way he was talking about he is in no rush. But i want it. So I want to go back to him and tell him whether it will fit or not.. and offer my services... ill take it off for him or what not for teh rest of the car.
Hopefully we can make a deal :highfive:

ps this is to take and make a 90-92 Fleetwood Brougham Coupe out of :stirpot:

77CDV
07-01-06, 05:14 PM
Good news for you, the bumpers are NOT interchangeable. Well, you could probably get it to fit, but it would look like hell.

Good luck,

Craig

1990CaddyBrougham
07-01-06, 05:18 PM
GREAT!!! lol.

Why wont it fit... just to give the guy the reason behind it.

Thanks 77!!

77CDV
07-01-06, 05:22 PM
If you look, they aren't quite the same shape, due to the differences in the taillamp housings. Like I said, you could probably coax it into fitting if you're bound and determined, but so much easier to get one that fits off a 77-79 Deville/Fleetwood.

Craig

The Ape Man
07-02-06, 05:28 PM
Tell the guy to crawl under there and take a good measurement of the mounting bolts. He will find that the bumper shocks on the older car are slightly larger and the mounting flanges are further apart. Those bumpers are not a direct fit.

1990CaddyBrougham
07-02-06, 06:48 PM
:bouncy: :bouncy: Im getting more and more excited. I went by today took another look. He wanst home and he told me "that i can come by any time and look at it if i want. that the keys are in it and the doors are unlocked" LOL :bigroll:

I like really thought about it today.. and the thing that was stumping me was what clolor i do it... I love my white 90... white was my top pic... but a black w/ silver trim and black fabric.. not leather top... OOOOOOoOOO :rolleyes: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

77CDV
07-02-06, 07:03 PM
:bouncy: :bouncy: Im getting more and more excited. I went by today took another look. He wanst home and he told me "that i can come by any time and look at it if i want. that the keys are in it and the doors are unlocked" LOL :bigroll:

I like really thought about it today.. and the thing that was stumping me was what clolor i do it... I love my white 90... white was my top pic... but a black w/ silver trim and black fabric.. not leather top... OOOOOOoOOO :rolleyes: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Keep cookin'!:stirpot: