: Should I pull the trigger?

M5eatr
07-01-06, 10:29 AM
OK guys, I need some input here. I have a CTS-V but have another child on the way. The two carseats in the CTS-V are a bit tight. Now that there is 0% financing on the STS-V, I am very inclined to trade for the S-V. I know Clinton is happy with the change, but I want to hear from the others.

Chescrown, if you make me a dynamite deal, I may not be able to resist. THanks in advance.

Rachane
07-01-06, 01:25 PM
I have a CTS-V but have another child on the way. The two carseats in the CTS-V are a bit tight. Now that there is 0% financing on the STS-V, I am very inclined to trade for the S-V.
Having had a CTS-V previously and a STS-V now, I would say definitely "yes". From a general-purpose usage standpoint the STS-V is much roomier, quieter, and more comfortable. It handles rough pavement much better than the stiffly-sprung CTS-V, and you have the advantage of the automatic (nice also when your wife needs to drive the car). Just take a STS-V test-drive and compare it yourself.

I thought of the CTS-V as a "Corvette with four seats"; it definitely felt as though it were designed for track/performance driving use. The STS-V is more of a Clark Kent who can take his shirt off when necessary. :)

caddyv8v
07-01-06, 02:10 PM
take a look at the lease offers that gm has now. low apr, along with up to a 71% residual. a gms buyer/lease can have one in the low to mid 700's per month. just a consideration.

SL1CK
07-01-06, 05:22 PM
Get the STS-V.

AlBundy
07-01-06, 08:17 PM
Go with the STS-Veeee....

RedGalant2k1
07-07-06, 12:08 PM
STS-V by far.

0luke1
07-15-06, 06:01 PM
I have two car seats in the back of mine (one booster, one full seat) and it's fine. The girls like the car and the AC works fine back there.

When they're not in the car, I can lean on it a little more. It's a GREAT car.

03aleroj
07-16-06, 02:58 PM
A buddy of mine has a CTS-V which is what really got me itnerested in the sts for the most part, so from my point of view I think the sts-v deffinetly has a better ride and drive to it. It is by far a more comfortable car, and seems to be a bit larger in the cabin. Just my 2 cents

V-Beach
07-21-06, 10:09 PM
Have an 04' CTS-V and took a STS-V for a spin today with the salesman. Point and shoot ain't my bag as my wife drives the E55 I originally bought. By the way the E55 has more kick then the STS-V for sure. The manual tranny is what separates the CTS-V from all others and I'd stick with it if you love shifting. The STS-V is nicer and more refined then the C but it just lacks something....On the upside they have some incentives on the S now so if you are thinking about it, now is the time. Good luck.

V-Beach
07-25-06, 01:57 PM
Ironically, the caddy dealer made me such a deal I know have a STS-V sitting in the garage. I guess it is point and shoot for me after all.

Kadonny
07-26-06, 10:46 AM
Wow, really?

How good of a deal, care to share?

V-Beach
07-26-06, 02:44 PM
$822.00 includes tax, 24 month lease. $0 down. Dealer made 1st payment.

Kadonny
07-27-06, 05:22 PM
$822.00 includes tax, 24 month lease. $0 down. Dealer made 1st payment.

Holy crap! Thats a freaking smoking deal. 12k miles?

I am almost paying that for my CTS-V. Damn.

V-Beach
07-27-06, 08:53 PM
12K on the miles. And they gave me $200 in gas cards and tinted the windows for $115.00. Apparently the V-s are not moving so well off the lots.

03aleroj
08-05-06, 07:51 AM
You got an awsome deal man.. I looked into leasing mine, would of cost 989 for a 24 month lease.. but I ended up buying it outright. I personally love the sts-v and even though my car payment is a amlost as much as my house payment.. I can proudly say its MINE!(as you see my taillights)

03aleroj
08-05-06, 07:54 AM
correction, thats 919, im half asleep still