: Pros/Cons Of Shaved Doors

216caddypimp
06-29-06, 07:08 PM
I've been thinking of getting all 4 doors (from my 91 Fleetwood Bro) shaved prior to getting a paint job, is there any pros/cons from anyone who had this done? Is there any extensive body work that needs to be done after they are installed?

Thanks

N0DIH
06-29-06, 10:51 PM
Makes it tough to get back in the car when the battery dies.... Make sure you have a remote abiltity to jump the car...

Benzilla
06-29-06, 11:30 PM
what he said.

you know what would be really cool? suicide doors! I've seen it done once, and then put door handles in the middle like an old lincoln. some guy on cardomain did the doors.

Night Wolf
06-30-06, 02:42 AM
I don't like the look, at all. I like my chrome door handles with seperate push button.....

Big_Blue
07-01-06, 08:08 PM
I wish they made a kit for Suicide doors cause I am having a hard time finding someone to do it at a decent price. I have been quoted 3k so far and thats not with a new paint job

The pro
Its a not a common thing to do so it kinda makes your car Unique

The con
It does take away the valve of your car if your trying to keep it a classic since it will require major body work and handling of wires that can foul up down the line. Also you must remeber that if you every get into a accident and your car is not fully covered they will repair back to stock ,leaving your expensive job and classy look GONE!!!!

216caddypimp
07-01-06, 08:30 PM
Thanks for all the comments, I thyink I may either go that route or just do the suicide thing, if there's not too much modifications needed. I think the cons outweigh the pros at this time.
Are there more pros to suicide doors on a 91 Brougham, then cons? I haven't got an estimate yet, but 3G's is crazy if I can't get anything cheaper, I'll keep it as is.

Lowlyfe84
07-11-06, 01:42 AM
try suicidedoors.com they seem to have everything you'll need