: 2006 STS V6 - Performance Parts?

netrave
06-26-06, 08:47 AM
hey does anyone know if there are any performance parts for the V6? like intake, exhaust, a chip? or anything???:want:

if so please let me know where i can purchase them!!:thumbsup:

Thanks,
Danny...

robert
06-26-06, 04:16 PM
NETRAVE, Volant Performance advised me last week that they are making a cold air intake for the STS V-8 and I think he said they were making one for the V-6 too and they would be releasing the intake in 2-3 weeks. You could call Volant and get more info, if you do call ask for Joe. VOLANT PERFORMANCE phone #1-909-476-7225.

justgreat
06-28-06, 07:11 AM
usually, the biggest bang for your buck would be to throw on a set of headers that have been tuned for greater output on the high end of the rev band. generally, the engineers extract every last ounce of power out of the engine and still maintain a solid, reliable powerplant; they don't like to leave anything on the table when it comes to hp and torque. the problem is WHERE the power is made in the rpm range of the engine and that applies for intake systems as well...in fact, it applies to all "add ons" especially cams but exhaust headers too. in most cases, when you alter the engine "add-ons" intake, exhaust, cams, all you're doing is moving the power higher up in the power band. you may in fact make more power, but you will lose some on the bottom end and geuss what? that's where you spend most of your time driving in real world conditions. that little extra bit of hp on top isn't worth the lack of torque on the lower end of the rpm band. stay with the stock systems and save your money.

one thing you can do to make more power and simply do something that will need to be done as a normal routine item is change your oil. do some research on royal purple synthetic oil (no affiliation what so ever). they're product can deliver more power across the entire rev range as i remember from the data they sent me. the power gains don't last forever ( i forget how many hours of use before the hp gains diminish, but it's something to consider.

jackg 06
diamond white with the light grey inside
1sb with the nav/5.1

ps. i love this car!! what a solid, tight piece of machinery. and i love the tranny..it's the closest automatic i have driven that approximates a manual...what a joy to go back to rwd after all those years of fwd.

Dr. Design
06-29-06, 12:50 PM
Hello,
Well most would consider suspension performance, so we would like to let you know we are producing hollow sway bars for the STS to work in conjunction with our lowering springs. Once installed on the STS it will really define "Sports Sedan!" Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you,

babaz
07-01-06, 02:44 AM
Very interested....I like the handling of my 2003 E39 525iBimmer. Just got a 06 STS V6 a week ago for my wife and consider lowering it.

Earthdog
07-01-06, 06:55 AM
Hello,
Well most would consider suspension performance, so we would like to let you know we are producing hollow sway bars for the STS to work in conjunction with our lowering springs. Once installed on the STS it will really define "Sports Sedan!" Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you,

I would agree except the seats are too darn flat. If my STS handled too good with these seats I would be in the passenger seats. The CTS Seats are much beeter for a secure seat. But I do agree the suspension is high on my list.