: Engine Stall

SHERIFF
06-26-06, 12:29 AM
OK Cadillac wizards, put your thinking caps on.

No codes showing. Deville DTS 32v Northstar. 34,340 miles as of tonight. Every time I start the car for the first time in the day.... it runs fine for 2 minutes and then cuts off. It will always restart on the third attempt and runs fine thereafter.

When this problem first started about two weeks ago, I did get a check engine light. It went off on the third thermal cycle and never came back on.

WTF is going on? Any suggestions? It's just plain annoying now. :mad:

Ranger
06-26-06, 08:25 PM
If you got a check engine light, there should be a DTC stored. If it is a 2000 - 2003, I would lean towards the CPS (Crankshaft Position Sensors).

SHERIFF
06-27-06, 08:34 PM
They have already been replaced under warranty once. Could be them again I suppose.

caddydaddy
06-28-06, 11:41 AM
The crank sensors were replaced twice on my STS due to failures!

SHERIFF
06-28-06, 01:01 PM
I'm beginning to think I got a bad tank of gas. Having filled up the other night again (8 gallons), it is improving.

Now that I think about it, I also had a similar problem with a Crown Victoria with gas from the same station. I promised myself to never buy gas there again. :rant2:

caddydaddy
06-28-06, 02:11 PM
Hmmm...maybe you have some water in there! A local station here filled a car up with about 5 gallons of water from thier tanks! It did quite a bit of damage to the car.