: Cadillac Dealerships

Logicwrath
06-25-06, 05:33 PM
Does anyone work at or know of any good dealerships to get my headgasket fixed at in the metro Detroit area? One dealership quoted me 5700 dollars with timeserts. This seems way to expensive. Any recomendations?

Ranger
06-25-06, 08:24 PM
Yeah, about $2500 too high.

Logicwrath
06-26-06, 08:26 PM
The three dealerships I called a little while ago were all over 4k. Around 4300-4700. One was even 5700. I need to locate this 3200-3500 range dealer. :) I am the motor city for what its worth!

SupremeHustler
08-26-06, 01:04 AM
Any one know a good one in the Dallas, Texas area???

RedGalant2k1
08-26-06, 03:35 AM
Don Massey Cadillac in Plymouth, Michigan. (734)453.7500

They are right off I-275, on the south side of Ann Arbor Rd.

white97deville
08-26-06, 02:53 PM

There are only 3 that I know of...Sewell, near Love Field...Massey, just off 635 @ Jupiter...and I know there is a Moritz somewhere in Arlington. I've bought parts from both Sewell and Massey....nice people both places but typical stealorship prices.

The headgasket job can be done yourself if you are mechanically inclined and have some time to spare. I knew better than to ask either one....just cost me some time and a few $$$ for parts.

Elmer Fudd
08-26-06, 09:51 PM
I’m a little confused, and obviously a little naive. I would have thought that a standard job like that would have a standard price at all certified Cadillac Dealerships. Guess I’m wrong huh…..

white97deville
08-26-06, 11:53 PM
Iím a little confused, and obviously a little naive. I would have thought that a standard job like that would have a standard price at all certified Cadillac Dealerships. Guess Iím wrong huhÖ..

You would think so but there is also a huge difference in price from on dealer to the next...mostly I noticed this from city to city though. I priced a set of intake gaskets at 2 dealers in Dallas, TX @ $78 a pair. Both dealers had the same price. Had to take a trip to Atlanta, GA and while I was there bought a set for $24 although I had to buy one at one dealer (who only had one in stock) and drive to another dealer to get the second one. Both Atlanta dealers had the same price. Same gaskets that I would have bought in Dallas for $50 more. The dealer in Atlanta will be shipping me parts from now on versus getting ripped here in TX.

So much for standard pricing.

C170B
08-27-06, 08:40 AM
Headgaskets/Timesert N*

With the available known technology these engines should come orig from factory w timeserts. You could drive for 20 years! Base economics

N* is a wonderful engine however you have heard of "disposable engine" and not even the tradional rebuilders were offerring reman engines. This has changed. Regional type rebuilders have sent out orders buying all Trash N* engines. Scour salvage yards return w load of rebuildables.

Now You can purchase an entire reman engine for $2800 to $4000 .

I hear that shops are very impressed when they remove a head and see the factory "honing" pattern in cyl on a high mileage damaged engine. Looks new.

Wish you well in you regasketing project.

Regards
gradyb

RedGalant2k1
08-27-06, 09:49 AM
Now You can purchase an entire reman engine for $2800 to $4000 .

Not for a Cadillac Northstar engine.

jss
08-28-06, 05:11 PM

In 2002 I had my 94 Seville done at James Wood up in Decatur. They quoted me $1500. While they had her apart I had them do a lot more work; replace oil manifold gasket, both crankshaft seals, all cam seals, front (inner) transmission seal, valve job, water pump, and a few things I don't remember. Total was $3800. Four years and 90k miles later I've not had a single problem related to the work they did.