: 93 sts rough idle and fluttering under acceleration

silver duke
06-24-06, 05:43 PM
hi guys today after driving my 93 sts for about 1.5-2 hrs and after just coming off the freeway i switched my a/ c off. my sts than began to idle rough and to flutter under acceleration. the car has 120,000 miles. i than pulled over and allowed the vehicle to sit. after about 10-15 minutes i re started it ran normal i drove home about 40 minutes than once again it began to idle rough and flutter/miss under acceleration. the temperature remained normal although the entire time. i was worried about the head gasket but the temperature has remained normal so far. i will try the regular tune up first but any ideas would be greatly appreciated. i love my sts and need it to run awesome like it did before.before today it ran great, i 2nd gear de- carb it every so often. i already changed the air filter,pcv,and cleaned the throttle body a few months ago not the plugs or leads yet. thanks guys you all help keep my sts on the road

Ranger
06-25-06, 09:16 PM
First pull the DTC's. Then if plugs & wires are original, they are due.

Mountie
06-27-06, 02:04 AM
Also the EGR valve?

I was told, when you need to clean the injectors, to use injector cleaner..... 3 bottles, one every 1/3 tank before fill up. A hundred gallons of treated fuel usually does a good job. When it's time to clean them.

CadiJeff
06-27-06, 04:20 AM
add coil packs to the list