: July - September Incentives

SoCalMike
06-22-06, 07:14 PM
Cadillac is currently offering a $5,000 dealer incentive on new STSs in the Western US. This offer is good though July 5, 2006. I am seriously considering the purchase of a new STS, but would prefer to wait until September or October, although I don't want to miss out on such a good offer. Based on your experience and understanding, what do you think the chances are of Cadillac extending the dealer incentive through the summer?

Thank you for your assistance.

Benjamin Simon
06-23-06, 03:03 AM
I have heard they might offer the GMS price again to get rid of the 2006 models. If Ford or Chrysler offers their verison of employee priceing, GM might have to again. Even if they do not, the longer you wait rebate ect get better. This is most so when the 2007 are out. However, you might have trouble finding the precise STS you want.
I always say by used for less than 10K.
This is only my opinion.

megeebee
06-23-06, 09:53 AM
That depends on how sucessful the incentive program is. As you say, it is a dealer incentive. This means that the dealer may use it as they see fit. They can offer all, part, or nothing depending on the individual situation. You are in a good position just by knowing about it. Inventories of the STS are at a very high level nationwide. As for your prefered September-October time frame, my advice would be that you may be able to wait. Why? because the '07 STS is not noticably different from the '06.There will be color changes and little things here and there, but the basic car is unchanged. It may not sell very well either and the incentive may continue. (I understand the STS gets a face lift in '08)

rayainsw
06-23-06, 12:40 PM
wait. Why? because the '07 STS is not noticably different from the '06.There will be color changes and little things here and there, but the basic car is unchanged. It may not sell very well either and the incentive may continue. (I understand the STS gets a face lift in '08)

If you going to buy a V6, I agree.
If you are expecting to buy a V8, I would wait until you drive a 2007 to make up your mind – since it will have the six speed automatic trans.
And (if you care about such things) rev match on downshift.
Just my 2 gallons worth . .
- Ray
Waiting, for now . .

megeebee
06-23-06, 02:33 PM
If you going to buy a V6, I agree.
If you are expecting to buy a V8, I would wait until you drive a 2007 to make up your mind – since it will have the six speed automatic trans.
And (if you care about such things) rev match on downshift.
Just my 2 gallons worth . .
- Ray
Waiting, for now . .

I forgot about that, good point!

Also, just this morning, I noticed an item in the headlines in the Automotive News that GM may well announce an offer of 0% financing for 72 months on unsold 2006 models. If you can get that AND the $ 5,000.00 discount, go for it! You'll have to wait until the 0% thing is officially announced, though.

ARTSBEST
06-23-06, 03:29 PM
The $5K "kicker" has been on the table for months now. Why? The STS is NOT selling. As for the 0% financing AND $5K rebate, forget it. They will NOT offer both I can assure you. I believe GM/F will have to cave in if Chrysler offers the employee incentive program once again. So, If I were you, WAIT and play it close to the vest. Waiting has ALWAYS paid off in terms of buying a vehicle over the last 5+ years.