: Corsa - Classy Performance Mufflers !!!

robert
06-22-06, 11:03 AM
Well I did it today, had the CORSA performance mufflers, that I received last night by freight, installed on my 05 STS, V-8, this morning and believe me I wish that I had done it sooner. These CORSA performance mufflers added some more zip to my STS and the sound is out of this world, not loud and cheap sounding but a classy rich deep mellow tone. The interior is still quiet even when you accelerate. My next project is to install a VOLANT cold air intake which should be released in the next 2-3 weeks, I will let everyone know when VOLANT releases the cold air intake. Even my wife likes the CORSA performance mufflers sound and if she endorses anything it has to be good.

Cajonkev
06-22-06, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the club!

BirdJC
06-22-06, 04:03 PM
Did you install it yourself? Or do you know, is it a direct bolt on system or does it have to be welded? I've been trying to decide if I want to get an exhaust or not but I'd like to be able to bolt it on myself in the garage... less hassle for me and a good weekend project... by the way, either one of you have a sound clip posted anywhere?? I'd love to hear what it sounds like.

robert
06-22-06, 04:34 PM
Bird Jc, - No I Did Not Install Them Myself, I Had A Local Muffler Shop Install Them, Took All Of 20 - 30 Minutes, You Can Do It Yourself, Just Follow The Simple Instructions That Come With The Corsa Mufflers. Cut Each Exhaust Pipe 1 1/2 Inches From The Weld On The Factory Muffler, Unhook The 3 Hangers From Each Muffler And Remove Each Muffler, Simple As Pie. The Installation Of The Corsa Mufflers Are Then Simple To Install. The Local Muffler Shop Charged Me $60.00, The Tailpipe Tips Are Beautiful 4 Inchers And Look Great And Fit Perfect. Of Course The Sound Of The Northstar V-8 Is Great. I Cannot Think Of Anything Negative About The Corsa Performance Mufflers. "try It, You Will Like It"

malatu
06-23-06, 04:36 PM
Do they make these mufflers for the 6 cylinder sts?

malatu
06-23-06, 04:42 PM
Do they make these mufflers for the 6 cylinder sts?

Well, I'll answer my own question.

I just went to Corsa's web site and it stated they only have the muffler for the V-8. Out of curiosity, I called to inquire as to why only the V-8 and the sales rep informed me they are going have a muffler available for the STS V-6 in one - two months.

Cajonkev
06-23-06, 05:23 PM
by the way, either one of you have a sound clip posted anywhere?? I'd love to hear what it sounds like.

I sent an e-mail over to the Sales Manager @ Corsa whom I have chatted with to ask if/when they can have a clip up of the STS system.

I'll let you know what he gets back with.

cmicasa
06-24-06, 05:51 PM
any additional HP???

Cajonkev
06-24-06, 06:53 PM
Pick up seems to be slightly better both off the line and at speed compared to my 05 but without the Dyno or a clock it seems to be splitting hairs.

Even if it were even the improvement in tone, feel and look makes it worth it. YMMV.

Tied to the current tranny I'm not sure that even a modest improvement in HP from the additional flow and even a cold-air intake would make more than a .10 or two in difference.

Of course that hasn't stopped me from putting them in/on...:)

BirdJC
06-26-06, 03:17 PM
Thanks Robert, I was wondering if there was some cutting involved. Doesn't sound hard at all, other than sitting that low to the ground to begin with..I'm wondering what my dealer would charge to do this next time I have it in the shop...just in case..
Cajonkev, yeah let us know, I"ve been checking their sight often too but I'm dying to hear one.. Thats a nice chunk of change to put down on something if your not going to like it....

robert
06-26-06, 04:02 PM
ByrdJC, It's an easy installation, but I don't think attempting the installation at ground level would be easy for one person, you may need someone else to assist and the car needs to be raised off of the ground at least 3-4 feet. I think my $60.00 dollars was well spent at the muffler shop and I got a professional installation. Corsa is expensive and I know what you mean by not too sure until you hear the Coprsa sound, I gambled and I liked what I got. Good luck on whatever desicion you make.