: How to reset the change oil light on '94 Fleetwood

425 Dual Quad
06-22-06, 10:43 AM
Hi all,

Got the oil sorted guys. There is a new lube shop and general servicing garage just opened up next to the motor factors here in Ireland and is run by a guy who has just spend 8 years running a garage in Missagua in Canada [is that how you spell it??] and had some GM 5w30 fully synthetic SL grade oil.
Since he only wanted a few euros more for doing the whole job than buying the oil myslef I decided to let him do it.

So all done, but how do I reset the change oil light? I remember with my STS the oil life indicator was zeroed by scrolling to it on the dash readout and pressing the reset button, and the computer codes accessed by pressing some [I think] A/C buttons and then using the Scan and Seek buttons of the radio to scrioll through the codes.

How does one do it on the '94 Fleetwood?

Thanks & best regards
Nick

BCs71
06-22-06, 11:47 AM
You need to turn the key forward in the ignition (not start the engine) so dash lights up.
Then briefly press the gas pedal (accelerator) to the floor three times in succsession.

The "change oil" indicator light on the dash should light up and blink a few times, then go out.

Cheers!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-23-06, 12:13 AM
Ah yup, I remember doing that on my Roadmaster.

425 Dual Quad
06-23-06, 01:41 PM
Hey that's easy!!!!:)

Thanks guys